The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Broadway

+10
rgermain
Dbvwt
SteveMichelleBaylis
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
gemdeco
burlingtonboaby
Toffee
harrysp
Lucylu
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Broadway Empty New Broadway

Post by Lucylu Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 pm

We are in the process of buying a new Broadway EK which is being registered as 2021.  We were told by the dealer that the Peugeot Boxer chassis was 2019. It is a 2.2l 150bhp. After trying to do some research we are now confused as this engine spec does not seem to tally with a 2019 chassis.  We love the layout of the motorhome but are concerned about how old the chassis and engine really are.  Can anyone give advice please?
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

New Broadway Empty Re: New Broadway

Post by harrysp Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Our Broadway, a 2015 is a 2.2 150bhp. It is also a Euro 5. I think in 2016 the Euro 6 was introduced -others will confirm this. This is a 2.0 that uses Ad Blue.

Firstly has your dealer got their facts correct? Maybe get the build number from the dealer and ask Autosleeper direct.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 am

The info from your dealer seems to be incorrect, it shouldn’t be a 2.2 even in 2019.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:15 am

Hi lucylu
Welcome to the forum from Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:53 am

Thanks so much for your replies.  This will be our first motorhome although we have hired before.  It seems that dealers concentrate more on explaining the habitation features and not so much on the chassis/ engine.  I will contact them today as their information doesn’t seem right. The van does have ad blue but the 150bhp quoted doesn’t add up.  The forum is such a help for gaining information . Thanks Lucy

Last edited by Lucylu on Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong emoji)
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 am

Enjoy your new van and feel free to keep asking questions, there’s a tremendous amount of knowledge on here. We were all new to it once!

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:06 am

Hi
    Chassis Cabs can take a while from when they are first built , they then have to be exported to Autosleeper and then the MH is constructed on that. I would make careful enquires as to the date of the chassis is case by some glitch it is older than is reasonable. I have a Mercedes MH the chassis cab is coming out as being built in July 2019 as I am getting service reminders that it's 2 year service is due . It is registered with the DVLA new 14th September 2020
    Regards
     Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:14 am

I researched this last night and although the 2.2 was superceded by the 2.0, Peugeot apparently reintroduced the 2.2 in 2019 replacing the 2.0. No wonder you're confused it is all very difficult to interpret.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:03 am

I have cleared it up at last! It is a 160 bhp euro 6 model.  The dealer was mistaken about the engine size as it’s a 2l.  It was built in 2019 (chassis beginning of 2019 and AS finished it later in 2019)  but it will be registered as 2021.  Is this a common occurrence with new motorhomes? I guess lockdown delayed the sale for a few months. We will get the full 3 year warrantee and I think we are paying the correct price as cheaper than latest model.
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:09 am

A difference in time between manufacture and registration is not unusual but 2 years seems a huge gap to me. Has it been sat on a dealer's forecourt all this time without moving a wheel? Not wishing to cause alarm but it seems strange to me when vans have been flying off the forecourt over the last year or so.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi Tinwheeler
            I agree a 2 years sitting on a sales forecourt seems excessive, I would personally not be that keen, I would be looking at 2 year old prices , new batteries and a discount to make it worth while and still seeing if I was missing out on any major upgrades ,with "emissions" now being a a big problem I would make sure it was up to the latest standard
 Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm

gemdeco wrote:Hi Tinwheeler
            I agree a 2 years sitting on a sales forecourt seems excessive, I would personally not be that keen, I would be looking at 2 year old prices , new batteries and a discount to make it worth while and still seeing if I was missing out on any major upgrades ,with "emissions" now being a a big problem I would make sure it was up to the latest standard
 Regards
Alan
Don’t forget the tyres that have been presumably standing for 2 years thus vastly shortening their usable life. I think there’s something the dealer is not telling.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveMichelleBaylis Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:11 pm

When I picked up my new 2020 Broadway FB (2.2l - 160bhp) in July last, I noted that the chassis was actually built in Jan 2019, so some 18 months previously. This is apparently normal given the time between manufacture and delivery to AS, then the time to manufacture and distribute a finished unit. Only issue I had was the change oil warning light came up just about 6 months into ownership, so at the 2 year anniversary from when the chassis was built... apparently when a new motorhome gets sold the '2 year change oil timer' should have been re-set to give 2 years from purchase, not from build date, instead I had to go to a dealer and have it done there....
SteveMichelleBaylis
SteveMichelleBaylis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm

SteveMichelleBaylis wrote:When I picked up my new 2020 Broadway FB (2.2l - 160bhp) in July last, I noted that the chassis was actually built in Jan 2019, so some 18 months previously. This is apparently normal given the time between manufacture and delivery to AS, then the time to manufacture and distribute a finished unit. Only issue I had was the change oil warning light came up just about 6 months into ownership, so at the 2 year anniversary from when the chassis was built... apparently when a new motorhome gets sold the '2 year change oil timer' should have been re-set to give 2 years from purchase, not from build date, instead I had to go to a dealer and have it done there....

That sounds fair enough in your instance but aren’t we talking about a van that was actually finished by A/S in 2019 but is only now being sold, a big gap that sounds a bit strange especially as mentioned with vans flying off the forecourt at present shrugg

For info SMB, that oil warning light happens to many of us and can be very simply reset at home. Just thought it may save you a trip to the dealers the next time it comes up.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Old tyres, maybe batteries left to go low.

Old van, new price?

I would run a mile it was me!

Mine was made in 2015 and we bought it new in Jan 2016, leisure battery failed after 15 mths, starter battery I had to replace after 3 yrs.
--------
Richard

Last edited by rgermain on Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text missing)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:35 pm

It’s actually an as new van for 2 year old price.  Getting new batteries with it and will discuss tyres.  Dealer moved on to selling another make of van so concentrated on selling those.  We get full 3 year warrantee. Dealer also has a good reputation for service so hopefully it’s a good deal.
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:38 pm

Lucylu wrote:It’s actually an as new van for 2 year old price.  Getting new batteries with it and will discuss tyres.  Dealer moved on to selling another make of van so concentrated on selling those.  We get full 3 year warrantee. Dealer also has a good reputation for service so hopefully it’s a good deal.
Would that be Cotswold Motorhomes?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:06 pm

It may be Paul…. Do you know them?
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Many of us do. Such a shame to lose the longest serving AS dealer..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

SteveMichelleBaylis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 pm

Thanks for the link, I feel very reassured that Cotswold Motorhomes is well thought of. We thought they seemed good.
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:23 am

Lucylu wrote:I have cleared it up at last! It is a 160 bhp euro 6 model.  The dealer was mistaken about the engine size as it’s a 2l.  It was built in 2019 (chassis beginning of 2019 and AS finished it later in 2019)  but it will be registered as 2021.  Is this a common occurrence with new motorhomes? I guess lockdown delayed the sale for a few months. We will get the full 3 year warrantee and I think we are paying the correct price as cheaper than latest model.
My Nuveo has the 2 litre 160 bhp euro 6 engine.  It was registered on 31 May 2019.  I haven't checked the date its tyres were manufactured but I will now (Peugeot not Auto-Sleepers fit the tyres).  The CAMC recommend replacing CP tyres, including the spare, every 5 years regardless of wear.  The motorhome will have a unique Auto-Sleepers Production Number.  It's on a label in the cab glove compartment and, along with the Peugeot unique chassis number/VIN, on the Auto-Sleepers Stage 2 type approval label on the passenger side door pillar.  This number should determine the motorhome's exact specification and, through the Auto-Sleepers handbook and V5C Registration Document, its Mass in Running Order (MRO) which varies between models and engine types.  At some time between 2018 and 2019 the Sargent power control system was changed from the EC500 to the current EC700.  Mine has the EC700 as I am sure the model you are looking at has but its worth checking.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 am

Lucylu wrote:It’s actually an as new van for 2 year old price.  

Sounds to me like you’ve got a great deal ..... allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 am

Caraman wrote:
Lucylu wrote:I have cleared it up at last! It is a 160 bhp euro 6 model.  The dealer was mistaken about the engine size as it’s a 2l.  It was built in 2019 (chassis beginning of 2019 and AS finished it later in 2019)  but it will be registered as 2021.  Is this a common occurrence with new motorhomes? I guess lockdown delayed the sale for a few months. We will get the full 3 year warrantee and I think we are paying the correct price as cheaper than latest model.
My Nuveo has the 2 litre 160 bhp euro 6 engine.  It was registered on 31 May 2019.  I haven't checked the date its tyres were manufactured but I will now (Peugeot not Auto-Sleepers fit the tyres).  The CAMC recommend replacing CP tyres, including the spare, every 5 years regardless of wear.  The motorhome will have a unique Auto-Sleepers Production Number.  It's on a label in the cab glove compartment and, along with the Peugeot unique chassis number/VIN, on the Auto-Sleepers Stage 2 type approval label on the passenger side door pillar.  This number should determine the motorhome's exact specification and, through the Auto-Sleepers handbook and V5C Registration Document, its Mass in Running Order (MRO) which varies between models and engine types.  At some time between 2018 and 2019 the Sargent power control system was changed from the EC500 to the current EC700.  Mine has the EC700 as I am sure the model you are looking at has but its worth checking.
Just checked my tyres.  They were manufactured by Continental in the 44th week of 2018 which was 7 months before the motorhome was registered for me on 31 May 19.  I imagine this is typical.  If I am to follow the CAMC advice, I should replace all 5 tyres in Nov 2023.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:32 am

Hi 
    Do not want to be a dampen your excitement but remember although it has done little or no miles it is still a 2 year old motorhome, everything deteriotes with age so really just getting it at a 2 year old price is not enough in my view, with your warranty is it backed by your dealer or an insurance backed one,we had a RAC warranty and it was useless ,if any thing went wrong they said go to Halfords, their helpline was a premium rate telephone line, they only wanted to pay about £40hr labour charge and everything had to be agree before hand
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:23 pm

gemdeco wrote:Hi 
    .... so really just getting it at a 2 year old price is not enough in my view, ...
Alan
The RRP for a Broadway EK in 2019 was £61,200 + £2,500 for the premium pack, £295 for the Winter pack and £95 for the tracker subscription = £64,090.  I am quite sure that in 2019 no one would have paid this amount.  It's difficult to compare/calculate dealer discounts because of other extras but in my experience 10% is probably the minimum - I did better than that.  In today's market, dealer discounts may be harder to get.  The RRP of the current Broadway EK is £3,500 more but it may have more goodies.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next