The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roof Light Blind Issue

+3
Neuvobluebird
rogerblack
wilksy
7 posters

Go down

Roof Light Blind Issue Empty Roof Light Blind Issue

Post by wilksy Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 13:24

I have a slight issue with the blind/fly screen in my Corinium Duo, when the blind is drawn at some point it halve opens - see picture - the blind clips into the fly screen and clicks into place, and then it moves, can somebody point me in the right direction for adjustment etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Roof Light Blind Issue Empty Re: Roof Light Blind Issue

Post by rogerblack Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 13:28

See this previous thread for the same problem:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PS Just noticed yours is a new van so shouldn't really be having this problem already.  When you slide fully to either end, it should click into place and be held there - if it's gone sloppy already then I'd suggest getting it looked at under warranty.

Last edited by rogerblack on Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 13:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS added)

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 14:04

Thanks for your reply, its not gone sloppy its still taught, the problem I believe is there is too much tension on the blind and it just creeps back.

I've seen the other post and mine is exactly the same issue, I've had a few issues with this van none of which should have been present given the cost, the main one that really was crap was the mounting of the Harmony screen which I have now sorted properly - AS can buy my design if they wish, it won't push through yet is easily removeable if required.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 18:57

my blind  does that in my Neuvo. 

On a related matter I experience quite a lot of wind noise from this skylight when driving at 55MPH plus. Dealer has told me that it is a feature of this type of skylight. Wondering whether you encounter the same issue
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 19:12

Neuvobluebird wrote:my blind  does that in my Neuvo. 

On a related matter I experience quite a lot of wind noise from this skylight when driving at 55MPH plus. Dealer has told me that it is a feature of this type of skylight. Wondering whether you encounter the same issue

Wind noise is because it does not have a seal strip on the full perimeter, requirement of providing regulatory minimum ventilation. you can buy the full seal and replace to reduce wind noise.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Neuvobluebird likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 0:14

Noise is associated with the mandatory ventilation....according to the Installation/User instructions with a Seitz Mini Heki Rooflight that I have just obtained. They offer models with or without the ventilation and recommend the latter for mounting near the cab area. If you are stuck with a ventilated rooflight, they recommend fitting a deflector upwind of the rooflight.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Neuvobluebird likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 23:32

PLOUGHLIN wrote:

Wind noise is because it does not have a seal strip on the full perimeter, requirement of providing regulatory minimum ventilation. you can buy the full seal and replace to reduce wind noise.
I had the same problem with the Heki over our lounge. Same cure - add the other three sides of seal strip.  Bonus was that the strip I bought has a brushed surface so doesn't stick to the Heki.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

frederic, Neuvobluebird and PLOUGHLIN like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 8:38

I have the same issue …. In mine it’s the fly screen which is stronger than the blind and plus it back to just under the half way position.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 23:36

inspiredron wrote:
PLOUGHLIN wrote:

I had the same problem with the Heki over our lounge. Same cure - add the other three sides of seal strip.  Bonus was that the strip I bought has a brushed surface so doesn't stick to the Heki.
Hi - have now bought a seal as suggested and wind noise cured = thanks for the advice
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

PLOUGHLIN likes this post

Back to top Go down