The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway

+3
Peter Brown
v8oholic
Langreed
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway

Post by Dbvwt Wed 19 May 2021 - 9:39

Good timing Chris, my Huawei is due to be delivered in the next couple of hours and I was waiting to see the TS9 inputs in the flesh before buying something to connect it to the antenna leads.
I was thinking of getting a pair of the 30cm leads rather than a small connector, purely so I could make a neater install. Any thoughts on it, obviously the less distance ideally is better.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway

Post by FreelanderUK Wed 19 May 2021 - 9:48

If you don’t need the extra length of cable for install you can get 15cm leads with the smaller connections, the plugs work well be need to be filed down so they do not touch , I filed them and covered with shrink wrap

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 May 2021 - 10:27

Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Image102the (uick google) aerial infound has these converters to fit into the Huawei...
Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Image102
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed 19 May 2021 - 10:27

Thanks Chris and Chris, it’s just arrived. Those TS9 inputs are really small/delicate aren’t they!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed 19 May 2021 - 10:29

bolero boy wrote:Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Image102the (uick google) aerial infound has these converters to fit into the Huawei...
Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 Image102
They are the ones I used but when fitted to the mifi they touch each other , I filed the-knurled bit off and then shrink wrapped

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu 20 May 2021 - 18:18

Went for some 20cm leads in the end, just been delivered and the plugs luckily fitted without modification.

Initial results very good, the external antenna was only on the windowsill (Huawei in the same place) but the speeds nearly doubled and there was an extra bar on the signal strength.

Huawei Onboard WiFi New Broadway - Page 2 60db7d10
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

v8oholic and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 May 2021 - 14:03

bit more research on the Huawei....some 5577 models dont have the external aerial ports....ensure you look for the e5577Cs-321 (i think).
David, where did you get yours, what price? ive checked Amazon, ebay etc looks like about £50-70?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri 21 May 2021 - 16:34

This is where I got mine from Chris, I messaged the seller (Adam) with a question at 1130pm and he got straight back to me! There are cheaper ones but like you I’m not sure if they are slightly different models so I was happy with the seller and the £99 for a genuine Cs-321. There were also none in stock on Amazon at the cheaper price when I was looking otherwise I would have probably bought from there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331601091574?hash=item4d34f71bf6:g:vTIAAOSwWJJga09C
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 May 2021 - 20:25

thanks David. for anyone whos a Vodafone customer, theres a special existing customer deal of 100gb (plus unltd calls/txts) for £10, 18 mth deal, but need to be quick, only a few days left...
i already have a good deal with Voda (plenty for tethering) but ultimately the phone is a phone (that does lots of other things) and does have a metal case, so isnt the best router around...hence getting a second dirt cheap sim...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Langreed Tue 29 Jun 2021 - 9:53

Just an update on this thread which I initiated about  Motorhome WiFi docking station on our new van failing to keep the modem charged. 
Contacted Motorhome WiFi in York. Very responsive and helpful. They asked me to send them the faulty docking station and they replaced it with a new one. Once reinstalled problem was solved. 
Thanks to all for suggestions as to how to establish source of fault as being the docking station.
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway fb
Vehicle Year : 2020

v8oholic and jwells like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinktwo Tue 29 Jun 2021 - 14:30

Yes I used Velcro in my previous van, and just used a usb connection to 12v, it’s the same mifi unit but with a much larger integral battery giving 12 hours of use…
Kevinktwo
Kevinktwo

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue 29 Jun 2021 - 15:17

Langreed wrote:Just an update on this thread which I initiated about  Motorhome WiFi docking station on our new van failing to keep the modem charged. 
Contacted Motorhome WiFi in York. Very responsive and helpful. They asked me to send them the faulty docking station and they replaced it with a new one. Once reinstalled problem was solved. 
Thanks to all for suggestions as to how to establish source of fault as being the docking station.
Wow, that’s great customer service right there.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2