The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huawei fitted wifi system

3 posters

Go down

Huawei fitted wifi system Empty Huawei fitted wifi system

Post by Ready to go Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:53 am

This 2021 Broadway came with an installed wifi system.
I've inserted a SIM, can see it is connected to the vodafone network but although I've entered the password on my phone, it still says no internet connection?! 
An added complication may be that I am currently touring in Germany but my operator says that shouldn't be a problem.
Has anyone been able to figure this out and could they have me (please!!).
I think i may be just a short step ahead, but i don't know how to fix it.
I've had a Huawei screen come up which asks for a username and password - but i can't get past that page either.
Suggestions welcome!
Ready to go
Ready to go
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Huawei fitted wifi system Empty Re: Huawei fitted wifi system

Post by Roger C Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:07 pm

Hi Ready TG,
I have a 2022 Broadway, so expect we have the same Huawei E5577 router set up. First thing would be to suggest you look at 'Your WiFi Quick Start Guide' (authored by MororhomeWiFi who supply the unites to AS) which should have come with your MH. If you don't have it, I can email you scan of the one I have if you send me a private message giving your email address.
Second idea: Have you set the router to allow 'Roaming'? You access this via the 'Menu' button on the top right of the router. About 7 presses of the Menu button should scroll you down to a tick box called 'Roaming'. When there, press the On/Off button on the front of the router briefly to toggle Roaming on and off.
Third idea: I have a Smarty data sim and in order to work abroad this needs me to enter a new Access Point Name (APN). I did this thisafternoon via the Huawei 'AI Life' app which I could only download from 'consumer.huawei.com/uk/mobileservices/ai-life/ (not available on Google Play Store). I understand this APN is only usually needed for SIM cards from reseller networks (e,g, Smarty, Sky, GiffGaff, Tesco etc) so might not be neded for Vodafone. 
Fourth idea: if all fails, contact Motorhome WiFi via their webpage. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best of Luck[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Roger

PS I'll try and include a photo of teh 1st page of the Quick Start Guide as it may be handy of you do ont have yours with you.
Roger C
Roger C

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Huawei fitted wifi system Empty Re: Huawei fitted wifi system

Post by Richard G Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:05 pm

I had to set the APN details to work in Europe and also tell the Huwaei app what country i was in.

I di find the process with 3 sim card top ups confusing.

System works well when Huwai is set, Smarty is set and 3 is set, so simple i dont understand it!
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down