The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

+18
Ragman
IanH
gemdeco
SteveMichelleBaylis
fred1
SENTINEL
rgermain
RCBirmingham
Boggie
Alwaysurfing
glyne lock
Caraman
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Paramedic
burlingtonboaby
Dbvwt
wilksy
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Empty Re: Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Dbvwt wrote:I was only joking Richard, wine banter is not my strong point!!

Back to the issue of registration, I seem to recall being told that dealers have a ‘batch’ of registration numbers already allocated to them which they can then allocate/register pretty much straight away.
This could be complete tosh though!
Yes, Marquis have a huge batch of numbers issued to them for use across the company. All 'PO' registrations and I was able to choose one from the list. Pushing a few buttons seemed to allocate the number to our van. They flatly refused to register it in my home county, though.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Empty Re: Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by Ragman Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Don't quote me BUT I believe there has been industrial action at DVLA and this has/is causing delay in registering plus the unprecedented demand for new MOHO registrations.
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : POTENTIAL BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Well it finally happened I picked up my Corinium Duo on Friday afternoon had a sort of handover and then drove it home worrying all the way hoping I could reverse it up my tight drive, shouldn't have worried as it fitted like a glove.

However I do have a few problems that I am trying to get answers to but without much real success.

1. I was told on the handover that you can plug your 12V items into the 230V sockets - surely this can't be correct.

2. I have no idea how to activate the tracker which is part of my insurance criteria, I have no sticker, no barcode, no Sargent instructions and basically no idea.

3. How do I know if I have a Lithium battery, the vehicle was bought in October 2020 and delivered to the dealer in January 2021, I have spoken with a lady at Auto Sleeper, given her the build number and she has told me it should be a Lithium battery but to me it looks like a normal leisure battery can anybody post a picture of what one should look like.

4. I have asked all of the above questions to Auto Sleeper and as of yet nobody has returned my phone calls.

5. There was an absolute stack of stuff in the various lockers, including a safe, 3 hook up leads, two hose pipes, two pillow cases, two duvet covers just to name a few items - is this normal.

On a positive note I could find nothing wrong with the actual vehicle as of yet everything I've pressed has worked especially the aircon unit which seems very good - roll on Spain.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue May 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Can’t answer your questions but have a great time in the van, you must be buzzing.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue May 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Cheers, not buzzing as much as I thought though, I think the Covidness reduced my excitment levels as I was originally getting it in January, but was still a great feeling pulling out onto the A45 heading home. Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 1f600
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue May 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Look on the bright side, the rest of us were only released recently and you soon get bored sitting in the van on the drive with nowhere to go!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue May 18, 2021 5:33 pm

I've added response to your questions below.

1. I was told on the handover that you can plug your 12V items into the 230V sockets - surely this can't be correct. – Absolutely not.  230v sockets are connected to the mains when on hookup and dead when not.

2. I have no idea how to activate the tracker which is part of my insurance criteria, I have no sticker, no barcode, no Sargent instructions and basically no idea. – I don’t do trackers

3. How do I know if I have a Lithium battery, the vehicle was bought in October 2020 and delivered to the dealer in January 2021, I have spoken with a lady at Auto Sleeper, given her the build number and she has told me it should be a Lithium battery but to me it looks like a normal leisure battery can anybody post a picture of what one should look like. – Best if you post a picture of what you have so we can read the labels – pic of what AS said they would install below.

4. I have asked all of the above questions to Auto Sleeper and as of yet nobody has returned my phone calls.

5. There was an absolute stack of stuff in the various lockers, including a safe, 3 hook up leads, two hose pipes, two pillow cases, two duvet covers just to name a few items - is this normal. – unusually generous but ten years since I had a new one

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 As_lit10
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Tue May 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi Wilksy
With regard to the tracker: I believe you have to contact Sargeant to activate it at a cost of £95/year.
The written instructions should guide you through this or contact Your dealer for guidance.
I used this system on an Autotrail and it is VERY good and provides peace of mind as they monitor the vehicle 24hrs/day & call you on a nominated number should there be any problem.
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Tue May 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Wilksy
I suggest you go to sargentltd.co.uk this should then guide you through on the tracker
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Regarding the tracker: go to AS Monitor and create yourself an account. Next you have to get Marquis to assign your vehicle to the account you have created (just giving them the email address you used seems to work). Once that is done, you should see the vehicle on the ASmonitor website, and there will be a link to create a tracker subscription. They should have done this for you already so that you can see the location of the vehicle, check battery levels remotely etc. They did it for me without asking, it should just be part of the sales process.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue May 18, 2021 10:01 pm

wilksy wrote:Well it finally happened I picked up my Corinium Duo on Friday afternoon had a sort of handover and then drove it home worrying all the way hoping I could reverse it up my tight drive, shouldn't have worried as it fitted like a glove.

However I do have a few problems that I am trying to get answers to but without much real success.

1. I was told on the handover that you can plug your 12V items into the 230V sockets - surely this can't be correct.

2. I have no idea how to activate the tracker which is part of my insurance criteria, I have no sticker, no barcode, no Sargent instructions and basically no idea.

3. How do I know if I have a Lithium battery, the vehicle was bought in October 2020 and delivered to the dealer in January 2021, I have spoken with a lady at Auto Sleeper, given her the build number and she has told me it should be a Lithium battery but to me it looks like a normal leisure battery can anybody post a picture of what one should look like.

5. There was an absolute stack of stuff in the various lockers, including a safe, 3 hook up leads, two hose pipes, two pillow cases, two duvet covers just to name a few items - is this normal.

On a positive note I could find nothing wrong with the actual vehicle as of yet everything I've pressed has worked especially the aircon unit which seems very good - roll on Spain.
I think you should be on your phone to Marquis to ask all these questions and many more.  That is certainly what I did.  I discovered all sorts of bits in my Nuevo that I couldn't identify so I photographed them and asked Marquis.  The tracker and communication unit has a SIM in it which the dealer has to activate / register on handover which they do on-line.  This provides you with 3 years SIM use after which you have to pay Sargent £25 per year to keep it active.  The 3 years corresponds with the 3 year A-S habitation warranty period and allows A-S service engineers and Sargent to access your systems remotely for maintenance purposes.  Whilst the SIM is active you can monitor your motorhome's location and its battery voltages etc.  This is covered in the on-line AS Monitor guide.  If you want the additional manned tracking centre service you have to pay Sargent £95 per year through AS Monitor.  If you have it, the tracker and communication unit will send alerts to the manned tracking centre if the vehicle is moved without an ignition key, if the leisure battery is disconnected or if its voltage drops very low and if you have an alarm that has been connected to the tracker and communication unit and triggers for 30 seconds.  On receipt of any of these alerts, the manned tracking centre will ring you and if they establish that the vehicle has been or is being stolen they will liaise with the police whilst actively tracking the vehicle.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Edruthen Tue May 18, 2021 10:55 pm

We have a Nuevo on order and have been told that they are no longer using the pleather type finish which creases. It has been replaced by this finish.  It is a sort of fine towelling?  Autosleeper have also stopped fitting concertina blinds to the side windows, replaced by ugly plain roller blinds.
Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 1fb88910
Edruthen
Edruthen

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed May 19, 2021 7:15 am

I've just checked my e-mails.  On the day I collected my Nuevo, Marquis sent me a confirmatory e-mail to say they had created my AS Monitor account.  They actually did the registration with me on handover as they needed to enter all my contact details etc.  If memory serves me right I put in my AS Monitor password at that stage.  If they haven't carried out the registration process with you, you can't take out the additional paid tracking service which has to be paid by you to Sargent with an on-line card payment through AS Monitor.  Sounds like you need to be on the phone to Marquis.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed May 19, 2021 10:43 am

Thanks for all the replies, speaking to Auto Sleeper I should have the tracker barcode etc in the warranty pack which then enables me to speak with Sargent and pay the annual fee.

My header rail is a fake leather and is already creasing on the right hand side, its not yet annoying me but is only going to get worse in all honesty I will get it re-trimmed by a local trimmer in a material that suits, I find it almost criminal that Auto Sleeper fit it knowing it will crease.

In regard to the blinds the front windows are all pleated blinds where as all the window blinds are of the roller type, unfortunately some of the roof blinds are pleated and some are the same as the window ones.

This business of spending so much money on a vehicle (it actually cost more than I paid for my house) and getting what you get is very strange, we got a better service when we bought a Toyota Aygo for £10K.

Will take a look at the battery on the weekend but from my look on Friday at Northampton it didn't look like that but it was only a brief look as the guy had no real idea what was or wasn't fitted.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed May 19, 2021 3:00 pm

v8oholic wrote:Regarding the tracker: go to AS Monitor and create yourself an account. Next you have to get Marquis to assign your vehicle to the account you have created (just giving them the email address you used seems to work). Once that is done, you should see the vehicle on the ASmonitor website, and there will be a link to create a tracker subscription. They should have done this for you already so that you can see the location of the vehicle, check battery levels remotely etc. They did it for me without asking, it should just be part of the sales process.
Thanks for the above info, as nobody bothered to come back to me from Auto Sleeper I phoned them again, this time I was put through to a guy who said all I needed to do was ring Sargent give them the build number and VIN number and it would all be sorted.

How wrong he was, as you rightly said I needed to register on AS Monitor, which the guy at Auto Sleeper said he had never heard of!
wilksy
wilksy

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Wed May 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Once you've got your vehicle on there it's useful. As well as the tracker account, subscription and links to download approval certificates if an insurer needs them, you can see things like this. I hope they continue to add things to it.
Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Screen11
Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Screen10
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed May 19, 2021 4:55 pm

I've now registered but as of yet I have not had an email from Sargent to confirm my email address so basically I'm still not insured.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Wed May 19, 2021 6:05 pm

The vehicle needs to get linked to your AS Monitor account, and I don't know if you can do that yourself for security reasons. The supplying dealer should be doing that, as they know both who you are, and the identity of the vehicle.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed May 19, 2021 7:44 pm

v8oholic wrote:The vehicle needs to get linked to your AS Monitor account, and I don't know if you can do that yourself for security reasons. The supplying dealer should be doing that, as they know both who you are, and the identity of the vehicle.
I am sure this is correct.  Someone at your Marquis dealer should sort this out so with your e-mail address and a password of your own choosing so you can access your vehicle through AS Monitor and then you can pay for your additional tracking centre service again through AS Monitor.

Last edited by Caraman on Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caraman
Caraman

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed May 19, 2021 8:17 pm

v8oholic wrote:Once you've got your vehicle on there it's useful. As well as the tracker account, subscription and links to download approval certificates if an insurer needs them, you can see things like this. I hope they continue to add things to it.
Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Screen11
Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Screen10
Once this is seen you are in business on AS Monitor.  The map and motorhome icon is accessed by pressing the Locate button on AS Monitor.  Where it says alarm, it means tracker.  When the tracker is armed by turning off the ignition, it sends its location and the leisure battery voltage every 6 hours.  When the tracker is disarmed by turning the ignition back on it sends its location and the leisure battery voltage more frequently.  The location and voltage shown under Locate is the last one sent which may or may not be current.  AS Monitor does not send an alert to the owner if the armed tracker or armed alarm (if one has been fitted) is triggered or if the leisure battery is disconnected.  These alerts are only sent to the manned tracking centre if the service has been paid for and the alarm (if fitted) has been wired to the tracker.  They can only be stopped by pressing the Inhibit button on AS Monitor which only appears when the manned tracking service has been paid for and is active.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 am

As an aside, it's also worthwhile downloading and setting up the 'My Peugeot' App which among other things shows where your motorhome is.  This has nothing to do with Marquis, A-S and Sargent who are unlikely to brief you on it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KarenB Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:44 am

SENTINEL wrote:Do hope that you hear some good news soon....is the branch (Ipswich ?) actually open yet or are you having to deal with "working from home" scenario?
Are you able to contact the finance company yourself?
All sounds a bit of a nightmare!
We bought a  new Corinium RB from Ipswich in 2018 and they were really good! (I know surprise!). We have had a bit on warranty work done, and have had similar experiences from garages for cars where you have to chase them up etc to check they have the parts and they have started work. Overall I would buy from them again as our experience wasnt bad especially as this is our first Motorhome. If we change then I would certainly shop around but if Ipswich had what we wanted then I would use again. We love our Corinium so won't be changing any day soon :)
KarenB
KarenB

Female

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium RB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:26 am

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 3 Auto_s10

Thanks for replies, a quick update on where I now am which unfortunately is not all good.  The two Avtex TV's that was included in my deal were both second hand, one had a broken aerial lead socket, 3 scratches on the screen, was set up in Greek and had a sticker on it saying "buy this TV for £299 when you buy any Motorhome from us at the show" (so at least 18 months old).

The other TV worked for a couple of minutes and then the remote control gave up, upon investigation the remote batteries were Duracell ones (so not the original batteries) and a leak of battery acid had almost corroded one of the terminals to nothing.

Both of these TV's are being replaced with new ones shortly.

I have spoken with Marques and tried to contact Auto Sleeper with regard to the blinds, the Auto Sleeper website quite clearly stated that the Corinium Duo comes with Concertina Privacy Blinds until yesterday afternoon and now it says "Privacy Blinds" as it also now does for the Bouton Duo as well - I am starting to regret this purchase already and I haven't even been anywhere yet.

Also the main control panel above the door believe it or not has the touch screen mounted from behind with just two strips of pathetic double sided tape which on mine are no longer attached so the screen is now inside the control panel.

Apparently this is how they are now fixed as they were difficult to remove when attached properly.  This is a known issue and the only advise I was given yesterday was to not press it too hard - its a bloody touch screen for gods sake its going to get pushed.

I have said to Marquis that I will fix this properly as I will sort out a way of securing it so that it doesn't push through but is also removable.

How do these people get away with this, Auto Sleeper are apparently building Motorhomes for people that are looking for the best in British built Motorhomes so god only knows what the other British manufacturers are building.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:06 am

Huge sympathy for you wilsky.  You have paid a lot of money for your van and it shouldn't be like this.  On a forum like this we only tend to hear from those with problems.  We were dogged with problems for our first 4 months of ownership which prevented us from using the van for most of the first month and then resulted in us doing only local/short trips.  But the problems got sorted and our enjoyment of the van increased which I am sure will be the same for you.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3