The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking you brains

3 posters

Go down

Picking you brains Empty Picking you brains

Post by Leetrish Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:07 am

Hi again gang
My wife Trixie-Trish and myself have just got an Peugeot Boxer Motorhome 290 LX MWB HDI Pollensa
On the wardrobe floor under a round plastic cover is a switch that we do not know what it switches, can someone please help?
Thank you ever so much.
Lee
Leetrish
Leetrish

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Boxer Motorh
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Picking you brains Empty Re: Picking you brains

Post by Paulmold Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 am

That is your battery charger. Leave it switched on all the time. It should illuminate and the glow should be visible through the plastic disc..(only when on hook up of course).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Leetrish Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Dear Paul thank you ever so much.
There is no glow at all as the round plastic cover is too thick.
I think I have most everything working on Gas, Hook Up and Battery, except the Hot Water  confused3
Thanks again Paul. Kindest regards, Lee and Trish
Leetrish
Leetrish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 pm

If you haven't already discovered, when using the hot water on gas, you first need to remove the outside flue cover which is located on the driver's side of the van just behind the door.

Hope you have as many happy times in your Pollensa as we have in ours.
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leetrish Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 pm

rogerblack wrote:If you haven't already discovered, when using the hot water on gas, you first need to remove the outside flue cover which is located on the driver's side of the van just behind the door.

Hope you have as many happy times in your Pollensa as we have in ours.
Thanks Roger, my wife simply adores the Pollensa, I am yet to be converted.
My outside cover was missing, but have picked up a shiny new one.
Yes have tried the gas water heater with the cover off. But sadly no luck. Thanks ever so much for your input. Lee
Leetrish
Leetrish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

Not sure what else to suggest on the gas water heater problem - can you give any more info as to what happens when you try, i.e. what lights come on etc?  I assume you've tried long enough to make sure there's no air in the pipe?  Also stating the bleeding obvious, have you identified and turned on the correct valve in the wardrobe?  Beyond that, may be pilot valve/thermocouple problems (which touch wood I've never had so have no knowledge of inner workings on that model).  Do you have the manual for it?

On a totally different subject, how tall are you?  Reason I ask is I'm six foot and I found the driving position difficult as the wooden bulkhead panel behind the driver's seat prevented it from going right back especially when tilted.  I designed a mod to correct this, there's an old post of mine on here with pictures, let me know if that's if interest and I'll find the link for you.

Other mods I've made include replacing all the lights (incandescent side reading lights and main fluorescents) with LEDs and now our daughter is grown up and no longer comes with us (but hasn't provided any grandkids yet!) I've modified the overcab bed area to be more effective for storage.  I've also fitted a microwave (with appropriate venting) into the shelf that was a cupboard above the drinks cabinet.  Oh, and I fitted an external gas barbecue point. And a Batterymaster. And had a Tunit device fitted. And cruise control.

There's probably a few other things I've done over the years that I can't think of at the moment.

Now it's perfect for us, we can't find any newer vans with layout and functions we like so we hope to keep the old gal going.

Just ask if you need any more info.
drinksallround
cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leetrish Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:25 pm

WOW!
Thank you ever so much Roger.
My wife and I brought the Camper at the end of last year.
It came with no paper work, so no I don't have a hand book.

Yes I am also having problems with being tall, every now and again I stretch up and turn the engine off with my knee. So would me very interested on how you over come that problem?

How hard was replacing all the lights modification Roger?

Also as we don't have any Children I would be most interested in your modified overcab bed for better storage.

A fitted microwave sounds very complicated?

I do not know what a Tunit device is.
The amount of fuel mine uses is a concern that's for sure (not Good).

Also do not know what Batterymaster is?

Blinking Cruise Control OMG WOW! You must be a Technician to carry out all these terrific things?

I have had to modify the step as it pointed down hill and was not straight and it kept springing back as you stepped off it.

I got a real nice light that was Solar and had a Motion Sensor off Ebay just above the door, but the clowns that just MOTed her smashed it off. Although they would not admit they did. 

I also did some work on the three seat catches.

The vent above the sink area net was badly split - So I used some of my wife's petticoat as a quick fix, I have yet to inform her of this! LOL. Again I thank you for all your help and advice.

As for the heating of the hot water on gas, I have the feeling when i brought off the Shark he had it on electric and not gas when he showed it to us.

Ho-Hum, my kindest thoughts and thanks. Lee
Leetrish
Leetrish

Male

Back to top Go down