The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

+18
Ragman
IanH
gemdeco
SteveMichelleBaylis
fred1
SENTINEL
rgermain
RCBirmingham
Boggie
Alwaysurfing
glyne lock
Caraman
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Paramedic
burlingtonboaby
Dbvwt
wilksy
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 2 Empty Re: Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by Dbvwt Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:24

Richard........ behave!! smile!

Wilksy, I can’t imagine how you are feeling at present. 
I just don’t get this company (the M one). Apart from a few exceptions all we hear about are horror stories, how can they get things so wrong so often?

I genuinely hope all goes well for you and you can soon enjoy your new van.

Last edited by Dbvwt on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:35; edited 4 times in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon - Page 2 Empty Re: Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by Guest Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:29

not a lot to say except good luck...i know id be voting with my feet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveMichelleBaylis Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:48

Well on the bright side, you can ask 'M' so start repairs on the quality issues that need to be addressed, it'll save you a return journey.
So far my van has been back to AS 5 times for work and with over 30 issues logged so far, I think I now have a vehicle in the condition it 'should' have left the factory in.
Seriously though, before signing the paperwork with 'M', go through everything, open every cupboard, make sure it fills with water, run your hand over every surface, then take your time to check all of the paintwork, check the USB chargers (all of mine have been replaced at least once).
SteveMichelleBaylis
SteveMichelleBaylis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2020

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 18:34

Hi
    I admire your loyalty , be brave cancel it go to a decent deal and buy a Burstner.
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 18:41

Hi
   Me again If it is not registered yet, how are you going to drive it home? with delay's with the DVLA it could take 3-4 weeks hope you are not expecting to use it soon
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 8:33

Thanks for all your comments, it is a right pain and quite disappointing, you look forward to something for months and then right at the final chapter it all goes to pot.

With regard to the registration I too am not sure how that would have worked, basically Marquis told me that providing the monies are paid in by 15:30 the vehicle is able to be driven home by me the following day - I guess they have done this once or twice over the last few years.

Interestingly they never actually confirmed that I would not be able to pick up the vehicle today I had to phone them yesterday as I was leaving work to ask the question although I had by that time resigned that it was not going to happen.

Far from impressed at present, I will update the post when I have anything else to comment on.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 8:35

gemdeco wrote:Hi
   Me again If it is not registered yet, how are you going to drive it home? with delay's with the DVLA it could take 3-4 weeks hope you are not expecting to use it soon
regards
Alan

Don’t take my word on this but don’t dealers have some kind of a setup with the DVLA which allows them to register vehicles much quicker?
I’m sure that’s what my dealer did with mine but it was over 2 years ago so I possibly got the wrong end of the stick!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 9:17

If Marquis were expecting the vehicle to be driven away it must have a number plate with its registration number on it.  If the vehicle is newly registered it takes a while for it to show up on the DVLA database but this doesn't stop the vehicle being insured.  If for some reason the vehicle is not yet registered, Marquis can arrange this in days with the DVLA.

When Marquis handover the motorhome they will create an AS Monitor account for it.  They need this so they can monitor the vehicle during the 3 year warranty period.  Once the account is created the owner will be able to access it which includes a basic tracking capability and then take out the annual subscription (£95) for the additional manned tracking centre service at Bedford.

Last edited by Caraman on Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 10:35; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 10:23

Don't know your contract but if poss to cancel I'd be doing so today, grabbing the money and running as far and fast as poss.
Sorry for your huge disappointment shrugg
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 10:40

if this is the sort of service you get from the dealer when attempting to hand over nr £70k what sort of reaction will you get when looking to get something done for nothing (warranty work)?
the Corinium Duo layout is a rare one, but the Swift Kontiki 574 Lounge is a direct competitor but has a feeble payload....
if you really want to treat yourself, the Rapido 8065df has ALDE heating, double floor, great storage, A class cab and much more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 11:49

IanH wrote:Don't know your contract but if poss to cancel I'd be doing so today, grabbing the money and running as far and fast as poss.
Sorry for your huge disappointment shrugg
I would lose the £2K deposit plus the finance company would probably be a bit annoyed but yes I have considered the running away.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 11:51

Do hope that you hear some good news soon....is the branch (Ipswich ?) actually open yet or are you having to deal with "working from home" scenario?
Are you able to contact the finance company yourself?
All sounds a bit of a nightmare!
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 11:55

bolero boy wrote:if this is the sort of service you get from the dealer when attempting to hand over nr £70k what sort of reaction will you get when looking to get something done for nothing (warranty work)?
the Corinium Duo layout is a rare one, but the Swift Kontiki 574 Lounge is a direct competitor but has a feeble payload....
if you really want to treat yourself, the Rapido 8065df has ALDE heating, double floor, great storage, A class cab and much more.
The is precisely the point I was making in quoting the total cost of the motorhome, the Corinium Duo layout is what I want though, fixed single beds, twin sofa's (don't like the dinette layouts) large bathroom area, all on the same level - I nearly broke my ankle whilst looking at a Bailey due to a drop down step that I didn't expect - only two belted seats which as you point out is quite a rare layout.

I did look at a few A class vehicles but was put off my the cost and timescale if the windscreen needed replacing - it would be just my luck it would break every car I've ever owned has needed a windscreen replacement at sometime, my Hyundai needed 3 in the 4 years I owned it.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 11:59

Double check the terms of cancellation in your contract and I suggest if you can cancel it, do so. I've made my views of Marquis known in several threads and swear to never go near then again.

Last edited by Tinwheeler on Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:03; edited 1 time in total
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:00

SENTINEL wrote:Do hope that you hear some good news soon....is the branch (Ipswich ?) actually open yet or are you having to deal with "working from home" scenario?
Are you able to contact the finance company yourself?
All sounds a bit of a nightmare!
The branch is Northampton (its easier for me to get to than Ipswich) I have arranged my own finance through my business, the real problem was the dealer stocking finance, my finance company wouldn't release the funds whilst the vehicle still had finance showing on it, I guess if I had used Marquis's finance (Black Horse) then this wouldn't have been a problem, but I managed to save well over £3K by going with my own finance company.

I don't think my finance company did anything wrong, it was just doing due diligence nobody should ever buy a vehicle with outstanding finance on it.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:04

Tinwheeler wrote:Double check the terms of cancellation in your contract and I suggest if you can cancel it, do so. I've made my views of Marquus known in several threads and swear to never go near then again.
Its defiantly lose of deposit which is £2K, not a lot in the total scheme of things but £2K is £2K and I'm not going to throw that away, if it were up to £500.00 then I could just about stomach that and I would be on the internet right this minute looking for something else.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:43

...but if Marquis have broken their terms by not meeting the agreed delivery date.....??
i thought a contract was a two way agreement?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:54

Hi
    To avoid too much extra disappointment ,find out how long it is going to take to get is registered with the DVLA nothing with them only takes a couple of days more like 2-3 weeks Marquis should have done it weeks ago, I fear you will have more delays.
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 12:59

bolero boy wrote:...but if Marquis have broken their terms by not meeting the agreed delivery date.....??

I'm pretty sure the standard contract says words to the effect of the deal can be cancelled and any monies refunded if Marquis miss the delivery date by more than 1 month.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 13:06

bolero boy wrote:...but if Marquis have broken their terms by not meeting the agreed delivery date.....??
I think Covidness will play the trump card, it should have been collected on 31st January but of course they were not open, the earliest date they gave me was 9th April (although they originally gave me the 5th April until I asked if they were open on the bank holiday - which they weren't)
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 13:08

gemdeco wrote:Hi
    To avoid too much extra disappointment ,find out how long it is going to take to get is registered with the DVLA nothing with them only takes a couple of days more like 2-3 weeks Marquis should have done it weeks ago, I fear you will have more delays.
Regards
Alan
I have questioned that and apparently 15:30 hrs the day before is their policy - I can only assume they know what they are doing hairdryer
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 15:19

Dbvwt wrote:Richard........ behave!! smile!

Wilksy, I can’t imagine how you are feeling at present. 
I just don’t get this company (the M one). Apart from a few exceptions all we hear about are horror stories, how can they get things so wrong so often?

I genuinely hope all goes well for you and you can soon enjoy your new van.
I was only suggesting asking Chris, as he has a wide knowledge of which vans are best and which make he would keep clear of.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 16:27

I was only joking Richard, wine banter is not my strong point!!

Back to the issue of registration, I seem to recall being told that dealers have a ‘batch’ of registration numbers already allocated to them which they can then allocate/register pretty much straight away.
This could be complete tosh though!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 16:40

david, on both my new vans i was able to pick a number from a list my dealer showed me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 17:45

bolero boy wrote:david, on both my new vans i was able to pick a number from a list my dealer showed me.
Same with us, once from Marquis, yes it went well but that was in 2007 pre AS take over and last time from Dolphin in 2016. Now updated with a new plate **6 5urf trying to bring back my youth smile!
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next