The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alarm and AS Monitor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alarm and AS Monitor - Page 2 Empty Re: Alarm and AS Monitor

Post by gassygassy on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 pm

I reckon if you hide it either in plain sight on the dash, or hidden above the roof lining it wouldn't be found. More importantly would it count as a tracker for insurance purposes? I guess not, they want one of these where you pay a monthly fee to someone sleeping at a desk in Timbuktoo.
gassygassy
gassygassy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Obviously I don't even bother to inform insurance.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:29 am

Yesterday the Auto-Sleepers Service Centre under warranty fitted a cable provided by Sargent between the tracker Comms unit and the alarm control unit.  Alarm alerts and a phone call from the Bedford tracker Ops room were received after I deliberately triggered the alarm.  It took a good 25 minutes for them to come through.  I don't know if this is typical.  On another occasion when I deliberately disconnected the leisure battery the alerts and phone call came within 5 minutes.  Anyway, it works so a good outcome. smile!
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:34 am

Going back to switches that go click, and join metal to metal I had a 2017 Pilote campervan with an electrical control panel with proper switches. If you are interested in seeing my fat tummy and a review of the Pilote you can see it here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Please don't excommunicate me from the forum, otherwise I will have to go and buy a Burstner. Or a Chausson. Maybe a Hymer.
gassygassy
gassygassy

Male

Back to top Go down

Alarm and AS Monitor - Page 2 Empty Re: Alarma nd AS Monitor

Post by marconi on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am

gassygassy wrote:Going back to switches that go click, and join metal to metal I had a 2017 Pilote campervan with an electrical control panel with proper switches. If you are interested in seeing my fat tummy and a review of the Pilote you can see it here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Please don't excommunicate me from the forum, otherwise I will have to go and buy a Burstner. Or a Chausson. Maybe a Hymer.

Very good, you didn't do your status any harm in posting the link.  smile!

You may be excommunicated from any group of the usual Motorhome Reviewers though having a thinking, practical man doing it goes right against the rules.

There was no slow boring commentary about nothing, and why was most the video not taken up with you bumping along a country lane, passing the camera, rear shots overhead shots, going round bends...…………………...
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Yes, and I should have had awful music drowning out the commentary. The reason we changed it for the Nuevo was the effect you always get in a panel van of a long-ish corridor so the Nuevo, although shorter, feels more spacious. That is helped of course by the fact that the Nuevo doesn't have fixed beds. I would have an electric drop down bed if it wasn't for my experience of them. Bleurrgh.
gassygassy
gassygassy

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum