The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS Monitor Alerts

2 posters

Go down

AS Monitor Alerts Empty AS Monitor Alerts

Post by Caraman Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Those who have AS Monitor can configure it to receive alerts by SMS and e-mail when either the vehicle battery or leisure battery voltages drop to dangerously low levels or if an alarm which has been correctly wired to the Sargent power control system is triggered.  The other evening when there was no solar charge I disconnected and reconnected each battery in turn by temporarily removing the 20A vehicle fuse from the EM40 and the leisure battery in-line fuse.  Although AS Monitor could see that the voltages had dropped, I received no alerts even though they were/are set up correctly.  I have spoken to Sargent who think it could be a software problem and are investigating.  I mention this in case others have this problem and are perhaps unaware of it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

AS Monitor Alerts Empty AS Monitor Alerts

Post by marconi Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:10 pm

I reported to Sargent 12 days ago that AS Monitor Vehicle History does not work properly.

I was told that it works partially so I should be able to mamange with that, and the Web Developers will look at it when they resume normal service after the COVID-19 outbreak.

This is not the only example of Web Developers seemingly welcoming a paid holiday. As I said to Sargent, surely a prime example of someone who can carry on as usual from home in the current situation would be Web Developers.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

redcar56 likes this post

Back to top Go down

AS Monitor Alerts Empty Re: AS Monitor Alerts

Post by Caraman Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 pm

I raised this thread over a year ago but I now have some clarity.  If the voltage of either battery is seen to drop below 11.3V but above 2V an SMS/e-mail alert should be sent to the owner, providing the alert has been set up on AS Monitor and in the case of the vehicle battery the ECXXX is on.  If the voltage is seen to drop to less than 2V because the battery has been disconnected, no SMS/e-mail alert should be sent.  However, what Sargent call a Thatcham alert will be sent for the leisure battery to the manned tracking centre at Bedford if Sargent's tracking service has been paid for.  This should result in a phone call being made to the owner from the tracking centre which can only be stopped by activating the Inhibit Service mode on AS Monitor.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down