The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS monitor

3 posters

Go down

AS monitor Empty AS monitor

Post by CJ1949 Thu 20 Jul 2023 - 9:30

My new MH Auto Sleeper is now fitting Leisure Lithium batteries as standard.

However it seems that when I leave it in storage,  then after about 14 days or so I get an alert about battery failure from AS Monitor. It seems that when not used for a short period the battery 'closes' down? 

Problem if I disconnect etc the 'Tracker' does not work. This means need to go over more often to plug into mains to ensure Tracker works? I get a good discount off my insurer for a Tracker so will jeopardize cover if not working.
The old lead acid battery lasted lot longer before needing a recharge, the dealer could not give any advice.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

AS monitor Empty Re: AS monitor

Post by Caraman Thu 20 Jul 2023 - 11:00

The Tracker/Comms unit has an internal battery that Sargent say will allow it to work continuously for 3 years without an external supply.  So if the external supply is lost, it will continue to work.  However, it will progressively discharge the internal battery.  If the external supply is lost and you have the Sargent subscription service, you should receive a phone call from the 24/7 manned tracking station in Bedford.

As for your problem with the Li LB, there is quite a lot about this on the Forum if you search for it.  As your van is new, it should be covered under warranty.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

CJ1949 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Thu 3 Aug 2023 - 7:54

Assuming you have one - your solar panel should keep the battery topped up particularly in the summer . Have you got it set to automatic select? In the event that you don't have a solar , then you should use the shutdown feature on the sargent as advised by Autosleeper

The EC700 system has a shutdown feature that can be used when the vehicle is in storage. This allows the leisure electronics to be turned off when not required to save battery power. When in the offstate the alarm and tracking system supplies are still active, all other supplies are turned off.

Its the black button on the top left hand corner of the control unit
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu 3 Aug 2023 - 8:05

I agree with Nuevobluebird but in the winter the 80W panel on its own will not generate enough power to feed the EC700, which must be shutdown when the van is out of use.  In the summer it will generate enough power but if the van is out of use the EC700 may as well be shutdown, which will reduce wear on the LB.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down