The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Wogga383 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 am

We intend to tour Scotland, France and Germany mainly, before we decide to go for this on a Neuvo any opinion on how the Maxview copes with reception? Price seems very reasonable for an option, however I have the low profile Snipe seems to have a devout following. As long as we can get the main 5 UK channels we will be happy.

Does the Maxview perform as you expected, wish you hadn't got it?
Wogga383
Wogga383

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Longridge
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Re: Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Peter Brown on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 am

A friend who travels with this has had this Maxview for a year.  Initially it suffered water ingress that killed the motors but since that's been fixed its fine.

The Snipe uses the same antennae as my camos that I've had for 6 years but is automatic rather than manual.

Both work well as long as you have line of sight, no trees or heavy rain/thick cloud.

With either, you will only get the UK channels on Astra 2 in the very north of France and the very west of Germany.  For most of France and Germany you can use Astra 1 for BBC and Sky news.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Re: Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Gromit on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 am

As one who hasn't had the telly out of its box under the bed for over a year, please feel free to ignore my comments!!  Whistle1

Since the satellite footprint was tightened up we haven't bothered with a sat dish at all (partly for the reasons Peter states above) but previously I used a relatively cheap Maxview Crankup. With very little practice it became quick and easy to get a good lock, often while the automatic jobs were still doing little pirouettes on nearby vans.

One big advantage was (still is I guess) that when the satellite transponders change it doesn't affect a Crankup, while an auto finder may need tedious re-tuning which could be tricky. I recall Camos owners having annoying problems some time ago.

Just a (money saving) thought!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Manual operated dish is cheaper lighter lower and more reliable.  Some are more vulnerable to wind than a dome.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi ,weve got a vu qube 2 ,used it in Scotland in places with no TV signal about 3 times ,all good ,can take a little time to log in , but had a multimo manual dish previously ,so its much easier, and it has twin LNBs ,ideal for Freesat +    Kind regards         Paul up!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Wogga383 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks all for your responses, it stirred me to do somemore delving and I am now up to date, doesn’t seem a bad choice either.
Wogga383
Wogga383

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Longridge
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum