The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities.....

+26
Traficlady
Cymro
Mike187
babian
willy eckerslike
breakaleg
Roger G
Bilbobaggins
Relaxez-Vous
TeamRienza
burlingtonboaby
Gromit
crisp
CC
easylifer
Spospe
bikeralw
Bad Penny
Quilter
harrysp
Tinwheeler
Askit
Paramedic
Paulmold
Peter Brown
groundhog
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Celebrities..... Empty Celebrities.....

Post by groundhog Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:07 am

For years I have enjoyed an imaginary boat where I send all the annoying and frankly pointless so called celebrities to spend eternity and never be seen again! What are these overblown people for I ask myself.
Who would you send? think_smiley_46
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Celebrities..... Empty Re: Celebrities.....

Post by Peter Brown Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 am

Several, but I can't remember their names...……………...
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:27 am

What defines a celebrity? Too many are called celebrity but what have they actually done to be called that. You get celebrity versions of quiz shows and often I have no idea who these celebrities are.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:39 am

My personal opinion of course but I'd rather watch paint dry........No, change that to, I'd rather clean the van! However, life's too short to worry about these 'Z' rated nobody's, Er, yes but more so, life's most definitely too short to waste time watching them. The irony being they're earning much more money than the likes of us common folk more so with their clever tax evasion. Question being, am I also wasting my time moaning about it and am I jealous? Definitely not....No, change that to definitely Yes! hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 pm

I would happily nominate the President of the US of A along with Clarkson, Giles Brandreth and Jemma Collins happyyes

If you don’t know who any of them are, lucky you rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Alan Carr and Michael McIntyre get my vote. I’m sure I’ll think of others given a few more minutes.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm

My husband asked a colleague “who is Abbey Clancy?”. Peter Crouch’s girlfriend came the reply. But “why is she famous” asked my husband. “Because she’s Peter Crouch’s girlfriend” he was told. 

Sums it up.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Askit wrote:I would happily nominate the President of the US of A along with Clarkson, Giles Brandreth and Jemma Collins  happyyes

Apart from Trump, to me the rest are just TV personalities not celebrities. Trump is just something else!!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:18 pm

ALL current politicians, especially those delaying BREXIT!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Snag is that too many teenagers envy the lifestyle of these Z list “ celebs” and want to be one themselves. They see talentless people earning big money and being feted and wonder why they should work hard at school and get a job. Its hard to convince a tone- deaf gawky 14 year old with an aversion to putting any effort into anything that he is leaving it very late to become a pop idol.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Been shopping with my wife today and it felt as if we went into more shops than we have in town. 

If this keeps up,  she might be on that boat.wave She reckons I wouldn't survive If she was.

Leighton.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Askit wrote:I would happily nominate the President of the US of A along with Clarkson, Giles Brandreth and Jemma Collins  happyyes

Gemma Collins would make an excellent anchor I feel....on the other hand

In ancient times Noah found the Ark was getting a bit smelly with all those animals pooping everywhere, so he set sail across the oceans and dumped it all over the side. In 1492 Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic and discovered it, little has changed since those days, until the arrival of Donald Trump, the first to have the b..... to sort the whole steaming mess out. Just wait and see, he will go down in history as one of the greatest reforming presidents of all time. up! drinksallround
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Quilter wrote:Snag is that too many teenagers envy the lifestyle of these Z list “ celebs” and want to be one themselves. They see talentless people earning big money and being feted and wonder why they should work hard at school and get a job. Its hard to convince a tone- deaf gawky 14 year old with an aversion to putting any effort into anything that he is leaving it very late to become a pop idol.
You, of course, mean SNOWFLAKES, or, current idiots, mostly through inadequate and left wing biased education....................
Have you considered how these people could create another Concorde, just as an example.................
I don't care too old to bother, but they have themselves to consider..........problem is that most of them couldn't SPELL  themselves............ gimmefive gimmefive
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 pm

IanH wrote:
........ mostly through inadequate and left wing biased education....................

In over 40 years at the chalkface in secondary education I’ve not met any inadequate or left wing biased teachers only people trying their very best for their pupils, often in difficult conditions. I have met an immense number of inadequate parents however.

Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Slow-Lane likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Ian. I know many well educated young people, not snow flakes who can't spell, not idiots either or even left wing biased. Please don't categorise all young people in this vein, as there are some great kids out there. That is a very short sighted sweeping statement.

I also know of many educated right wing biased people who have dreamt up things like HS2, at a phenomenal cost and still rising.

Leighton.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Many years ago my wife and I made the decision never to watch any TV programme that had the word 'Celebrity' either in it's title or description.
Like Paul, this was because we once settled down to watch an edition of a celebrity quiz show, and neither of us had a clue who any of the 8 participants were.. 
To add to the insult to our intelligence, they were all as thick as pig***t.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 am

Meanwhile back on the boat a few residents are...
Len Goodman, Ainslie Harriott and his inane grin, anyone involved with those stupid "lack of talent shows", Lorraine Kelly, anyone called Milliband, Tony Blair, second vote for Alan Carr and he can take Keith Lemon with him.

Last edited by groundhog on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : part deleted)
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:16 am

Back aboard the boat...I’d set adrift any of those people who turn up at Oscar/ Bafta etc ceremonies wearing totally ridiculous clothes. Have they no say in what they wear ? Do they really think they look good ? Talk about the Emperor ‘s New Clothes!  Who is going to buy from a designer that sends a woman off to a very public occasion looking a complete disaster ?
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:32 am

Quilter wrote:
IanH wrote:
........ mostly through inadequate and left wing biased education....................

In over 40 years at the chalkface in secondary education I’ve not met any inadequate or left wing biased teachers only people trying their very best for their pupils, often in difficult conditions.  I have met an immense number of inadequate parents however.

Please don't anyone take this personally.

As my godmother and her daughter (both teachers) would have told you, I am very passionate about this subject. I have in later life met some teachers who I have great respect for but 50 years ago I was very badly let down by my secondary school teachers. The school staff were heavily biased to the Classics and continued to try and bash a square engineer into a round hole before 'letting me go' with no advice or help half way through the sixth form.

I was appalled when it was time for my Children to move from an excellent primary education to secondary education to hear the Headmaster preaching about being a Senior Manager with a large budget and not a word about any aspect of education. Fortunately there were a few excellent teachers in that school and my children banned me from meeting the others!!!

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Quilter wrote:Back aboard the boat...I’d set adrift any of those people who turn up at Oscar/ Bafta etc ceremonies wearing totally ridiculous clothes. Have they no say in what they wear ? Do they really think they look good ? Talk about the Emperor ‘s New Clothes!  Who is going to buy from a designer that sends a woman off to a very public occasion looking a complete disaster ?
Totally agree and as a mere bloke with no eye to fashion, herewith my two penny worth.
Those 'totally ridiculous clothes' are most likely loaned to the individuals to show case simply for the lure of financial reward. Also because they could never be seen twice wearing the same grotesquely expensive outfit God forbid! Hey, an opportunity for extra dosh and notoriety at the same time! Oh, how these 'luvvies' cash in on the night. As regards to fashion shows where skeletal morose looking models parade (more like stomp) along the catwalk like automated manikins (again being highly paid) showing off the designer's (to the sensible and uninitiated) outrageous flops that no one would sensibly and could practically wear in the real world. I need to emphasize that my findings are based purely on fleeting engagement with the television portraying the latest news. innocent

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Paramedic wrote: I need to emphasize that my findings are based purely on fleeting engagement with the television portraying the latest news. innocent

When we’re away I download several newspapers, inc the Daily Mail ( OK, I know....). They always feature the Worst Dressed Celebs on the night of some of these awards events.

Prize for me goes to a man called Billy Porter ( I’m sure I needn’t explain who he is ? ) who wore a long tuxedo dress to the Academy awards last week. Google it and tell me what you think the reaction would be if you turned up to a party in this !
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:32 pm

I did as suggested, words fail me.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Please, all who have replied to this post, it is NOT compulsory to agree with my views!!!
I had a hopelessly inadequate maths teacher at secondary school, consequently have been useless at Maths ever since.............
I had a hopelessly inadequate chemistry teacher ...............see above........
By age 15 I had decided that school was a complete waste of time for me, consequently I was expelled, not once but twice!!!
Joined the Royal Air Force as an aircraft apprentice and never looked back!
Just before retirement  in 2013, I was in charge, amongst many other things of 5 to 10 summer placement students from Aberdeen Uni, I was the only one with NO degree!!
So, as I have already said, you don't have to agree with me, but I have yet to meet a usable teacher, and BTW both my inlaws are them, all left wing people.............there is a saying, if you CAN,,,, DO, if you can't........TEACH!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:53 pm

IanH wrote:.there is a saying, if you CAN,,,, DO, if you can't........TEACH!!

I might not have to agree, but with respect to my contemporaries at school, I certainly do - in fact I nearly included this comment it in my last post.

I was no good at maths till I was taught the subject by an ex RAF technician during my time at Bletchley Park. I'll put it nicely, we did not get on - but he inspired my interest in maths that was very necessary to truly understand the physics of electricity and I developed a tremendous respect for him.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:34 pm

This should be in the "Community Chat" section. As I understand it, this section is for AS related matters.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum