The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+33
Bad Penny
BobK
rgermain
Suppersready
Silver Tourist
Lancy
modelman
mikethebike
mikeyval
rose49f
rogerblack
steamdrivenandy
kaspian
christhelegend
Cymro
oldfred
nuevoboy
Peter Brown
Dave 418
RML
Quilter
Bobskate
Roger G
Slaphead
groundhog
Sandgrounder
willy eckerslike
bikeralw
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
Askit
Gromit
jollywalker
37 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 4 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 pm

I don't mind the hot weather it's the bits in between be it cold and wet or thunder storms between heat waves. They both make my dodgy joints painfull.
We will be in Ausie this November and most of December so this heat wave will a good chance to tone up the Pom legs . You can certainly tell the poms just off the flight in by the lower legs under the shorts, daft sun hats and sun block. I have the knotted hanky ready just to annoy the poms we are visiting. lol4
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 am

Monsoon season here on the east coast in Bridlington, heavy showers overnight , raining constant since 5 a.m .
Anyway ,happy holidays everyone.   rainyday
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:32 am

Weather a bit mixed up here, that's light rain, heavy rain, showers......... biggrin

It's been very localised around here, a few miles is the difference between sunny and dry or raincoats and umbrellas  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Sorry to see the devastating deluges top north, especially around our favourite Leyburn area.
I think we've had about 2mm in the last 10 days. My water butts are all empty and the ground is bone dry. Not Pembrokeshire weather at all!
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:24 pm

nuevoboy wrote:Sorry to see the devastating deluges top north, especially around our favourite Leyburn area.
I think we've had about 2mm in the last 10 days. My water butts are all empty and the ground is bone dry. Not Pembrokeshire weather at all!

Sadly the localised flooding or drought seem to be things we're going to have to get used to. Perhaps it was always there and we only get to see and hear of it because of the increase in visual media gathering  methods. I certainly don't recall spring and summer flooding being as bad as it has been over the last 10 or 20 years. No doubt someone will be along to prove me wrong.

Roll up, roll up  snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:55 pm

No body ever seems to take into account the environment agency is no longer dredging streams and rivers as it used to due to concerns for aquatic life. Nether is it mention about building more and more houses on fields which results in more run off. 
Builders who have built on fields close to us have filled in ditches and built over them to build houses. The ditches were orginally dug by monks in medieval times to drain the land and maintained by livestock farmers. They have also grubbed out old hedges along side the ditches. Admittedly they are putting some surface water into some small drainage ponds but Im not sure it will be sufficient. I can see the land drains eventually becoming clogged. It will be interesting to see the state of the properties when water starts to reclaim the land.
I can only observe since the work was started the level of the ground water has already risen and myself and neighbours have noticed our properties becoming more boggy during the winter months. In fact we have all lost specimen plants last winter due to water logged roots.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Well my area is headline news tonight with the crumbling dam just a few miles down the road at Whaley Bridge. I'm glad it is down, as in at a much lower altitude..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:28 am

I bet you are Al.
We've cycled the Goyt Valley area, which is lovely and I hope the dam holds out, especially for the people in Whaley Bridge.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 pm

This weather is getting silly. I have been putting hedge cutting off due to the heat and then it was too wet. Management advised me it will be perfect hedge cutting weather tomorrow. The Rienza needs washing but she didn't suggest that. shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Beautiful sunny midge free evening here on the the shores of Luce bay.
We have had some very heavy downpours since Saturday, forecasters say we are o.k for two days until Friday.
Happy holidays.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 pm

I did try and tell management hedge cutting was bad for me. The reply being get it done before the weather changes. rainyday The damed hedge will be the death of me. I had severe pain in my lower back for 24 hours after that. Typical nurse told me not too leave it so long next time. shrugg
I should be away walking with our son on Thursday but it forecasts thundery showers. Again the weather has scuppered that plan. We are going to the Yorkshire Air Museum on Friday instead. I have free tickets from our last visit. Should the weather turn we can hide in hangers and huts and the walking will be flat ground.
Meanwhile the tree man is booked to reduce the hedge to a manageable size so it can be trimmed without trying to kill me.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Every spring I've looked out at my 8 foot hedge and dreaded the coming growing season and all the pointless time consuming cutting involved.
So this year I fired up the trusty chainsaw and gave it a severe haircut down to ground level.
It was back breaking work digging out the roots and erecting a sturdy seven foot fence, but now I can sit back and concentrate on much more pleasurable pursuits..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:23 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Beautiful sunny midge free evening here on the the shores of Luce bay.
We have had some very heavy downpours since Saturday, forecasters say we are o.k for two days until Friday.
Happy holidays.
Boaby
Sunny roasting hot day (so far) BBQ on the cards for later.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Beautiful sunny midge free evening here on the the shores of Luce bay.
Happy holidays.
Boaby
Sunny roasting hot day (so far) BBQ on the cards for later.
Boaby
Lucky man, it's very hot here but we've had heavy rain on and off. A chap came to the door to tell us about the great deal he was offering to give us if we switched to whatever energy company he was touting for. I cut his spiel short but let him shelter in the doorway until the torrent subsided.

Now, who is going to buy from a guy who goes out in his shirt sleeves in this weather  snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

bikeralw wrote:Every spring I've looked out at my 8 foot hedge and dreaded the coming growing season and all the pointless time consuming cutting involved.
So this year I fired up the trusty chainsaw and gave it a severe haircut down to ground level.
It was back breaking work digging out the roots and erecting a sturdy seven foot fence, but now I can sit back and concentrate on much more pleasurable pursuits..
Al.

Oh dear Al.
Replacing an 8 foot hedge with a 7 foot fence won't do your carbon footprint much good.
I think you'll have to forego your next 3 trips to New Zealand, unless you cycle there instead. snigger
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:37 am

Cool morning, dew on the grass, clear skies, should be in for a nice BBQ day.
Skeens of geese heading north up the coast, calm before the storm.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am

nuevoboy wrote:
Oh dear Al.
Replacing an 8 foot hedge with a 7 foot fence won't do your carbon footprint much good.
I think you'll have to forego your next 3 trips to New Zealand, unless you cycle there instead. snigger
I'll console myself with the fact the timber for the fence is from a sustainable source, maybe the tanalising treatment isn't good for the environment though..
I hear to mitigate her carbon footprint a certain female actress plants a tree in her Scottish forest every time she flies off to one of her sunnier exotic hideaways.
All I need now then is a Scottish forest...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 am

Well, you could plant a tree where you are in the High Peak, which might prevent the Low Peak from flooding.  up!
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am

shrugg I have just had a night away with my son. This is August so they tell us and thats summer time.
Arrived at the Yorkshire Air Museum. A breezy but warm afternoon spent mooching round. Moved to Helmsley for the night as a cloud burst hit. Time to walk in to the village for tea taking coats and hats. No rain. 
After tea into the pub. Another cloud burst. No problem, more drinks untill the rain stops then we walked back. Heavy rain twice in the night.
 Next morning drove Filey. Windy but warm with a couple of light showers. As we got back to the van it poured down for half an hour before we drove home. 
A bit windy and a couple of showers on route. When we got to the Humber bridge  it was closed to high sided vehicles. Thinks me that means trucks. No that meant us a well. We had to go A63, M62,M18,M180 or through Google to Crowle then M180. This meant crossing the Ouse bridge at Howden. There was a 40mph speed limit on the bridge but it didnt seem too bad. 
I didnt mind the drive round but it seemed a bit odd to stop motorhomes as well as trucks. Our Rienza is a bit slab sided but not that bad. confused3
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:21 am

Phew! That was a storm. Flattened my kidney bean rows, but otherwise no (discovered) damage. Nuevo seems intact.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Dave 418 wrote:shrugg I have just had a night away with my son. This is August so they tell us and thats summer time.

It appears that (unscientifically) August has become a very wet weather month. We had a really bright and warm day yesterday, with only a short shower in the evening. Go a few miles to the north, south or east and you could have found yourself wading knee deep in water. Unfortunately, from today’s forecast for the week, it looks like more of the same for the foreseeable twiddle_thumbs

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by christhelegend Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Weather! it happens!!
Just been on a short tour of Lancaster it rained 3 nights but was dry every day!?
To be honest I quite enjoy the sound of rain bouncing off the fibreglass when I'm snug in bed, my wife says the noise wakes her up but as I am a bit deaf (pardon?) I sleep through anything.
Cheers
Chris the Legend
christhelegend
christhelegend

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : transit legend gl
Vehicle Year : 1990

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Ayr Craigie gardens water logged this morning,slowly draining away, nice bright sunny morning, nice warm afternoon in Perth, cool night forecasted.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Lovely sunny weather all last week, chilly Clear mornings turning into nice sunny days. Tourists are pouring into the coastal sites.
Forecast for the week ahead is more sunny weather, don't put the BBQs away yet.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:12 am

Well well, it's pouring down, started at 3 a.m and not stopped since, lots of surface water on the roads with local flooding as the water runs of the muddy fields, watch out for gravel washing out from gated areas.
No Filey trip today then.
Soggy Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next