The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo slide out table above fridge

Go down

Nuevo slide out table above fridge Empty Nuevo slide out table above fridge

Post by CC Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm

I know this is a common problem not just with the Nuevo but other Auto-Sleeper models too that have the slide out table above the fridge. The table has a mechanism that when fully pushed back it locks into position securely, the problem is when you hit a pothole it springs up then flies open... the retaining webbing strap stops it from completely flying out, but then it rattles and clunks and drives you nuts!

I don't know if this is a known modification or not? maybe someone has already done the same but I took a look at ours to see if I could work out a solution and did the following:

(1) The webbing strap is fitted as standard by Auto-Sleepers with the press stud end fitted to the underside of the slide out table.

I don't know if the straps are this long when fitted from new or maybe they stretch over time? Either way, there is too much slack to keep the table secure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(2) I removed the press stud part from the underneath of the slide out table, then fixed it to the underside of the unit (opposite way around to original fit)

(3) Then I folded over the excess webbing strap to reduce it's length, and the doubling over probably gives it a little more strength anyway

(4) Then I screwed the webbing strap to the underside of the slide out table, (+ added a washer) as you can see there is now no slack in the strap so it's impossible for the table to jump out.

I haven't fully road tested it, but did go for a short trip and it seemed fine... might help others gimmefive

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down