The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004

4 posters

Go down

Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004  Empty Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004

Post by Terry Etherton Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm

Hello brothers and sisters, Jane (my wife) and I are proud owners of an AS Nuevo 2004. We have had the little beauty for about 18 months and love everything about it. Well I say everything, but I do have 1 gripe about the table post positions. One is central to the bench seats and the other offset, adjacent to the rear of the passenger seat. When using the central position, there is little room to slide in or out of the seats, as the table top is very close to the wardrobe and fridge compartments. I'm sure this will be ringing a bell with other Nuevo owners. My question is. Where can I get an offset / dog leg table post, so I can manoeuvre the table top to be nearer to the cab giving me a little more room for getting in or out at the kitchen end. I recall reading an article on this very subject when we first bought the Nuevo, but I do confess to being a bit of a novice with the forum and don't have a clue where to find it. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks and be safe out there. Terry x
Terry Etherton
Terry Etherton

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004  Empty Re: Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Various types by Google.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004  Empty Re: Table Post. Autosleeper Nuevo 2004

Post by Terry Etherton Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Hi Peter, thanks for your message. I have already googled and checked out literally dozens of these types of table post, but my table top has a large aluminium boss screwed to the underside which the post fits into. I would prefer to find a dog leg post, so as not to change the current mounting method. Terry
Terry Etherton
Terry Etherton

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm

I can't recall ever seeing an offset version of the full-size table leg, and I think the main reason is that dog-leg table supports are easiest to make by bending a piece of steel tube and then chroming it. But the diameter of the full-size leg is simply too big to be bent without creasing.

On our first A/S conversion we solved the same problem by refixing the socket on the underside of the table so that it wasn't quite central. The socket on the full-size leg is rigid enough to cope with being slightly side-loaded without wobbling about.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

This is what you want but chance of finding one is very very slim....originally supplied with AS Topaz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Etherton Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 pm

Thanks fellas,, I guess I'll have to abandon the idea of finding an appropriate post and offset the table boss to achieve the desired effect.. Many thanks to everyone who contributed here.. What a great bunch. Terry x
Terry Etherton
Terry Etherton

Male

Back to top Go down