The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show

4 posters

Go down

Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show  Empty Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by Paulmold Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Before we left home this morning for Delamere C&CC site, the postman brought 3 letters. One from Caravan Club with new membership cards (finally succumbed to be members of both the CC and the C&CC), one from the C&CC offering discounted tickets to the above show (£6 instead of £7 advance tickets or £8.50 at the door) and third letter from MMM magazine saying we had won runner -up prize in competition which was 2 tickets to the Manchester Show at Eventcity 19-22 January. We were going to it anyway so nice bonus to start year off.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show  Empty Re: Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by Waves117 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:02 pm

congrats on being a winner -enjoy

Waves117 wave
Waves117
Waves117
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down

Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show  Empty Re: Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by roli Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

It promises to be a better event this year. We havnt booked any tickets so still uncertain if we will go as I feel there is too many of these shows now. Hope you had better weather at Delamere Paul than we have had at Wrenbury. Great company but think we will go home today instead of tommorrow
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm

When we got home found that management has also won a couple of tickets from Warners, think we will be going on the \Friday
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Good for you. We are more likely to go on the Sunday.
Sorry you had bad weather at Wrenbury. Strange that the weather should be so different to what we had at Delamere as you were less than 20 miles away. We had the odd spot of rain but nothing lasted more than a few seconds and was very mild on the Saturday, same again Sunday and as we left this morning we had clear blue skies although temp had dropped quite a bit over night.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

so we thought we'd got lucky winning tickets eh! Just seen this link on another forum - print off your own tickets -free for anyone that wants them.....

http://www.realradiowales.co.uk/competitions-offers/free-tickets-to-caravan-motorhome-show/csr62frg/
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 pm

This sytem has been about a bit now and once you have printed and used the number thats it.
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Doesn't appear to be any limit, I've printed 2 off for friends and just re-entered all details again and it lets me print off again.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:41 pm

We just got back from visiting the show (weather was 'orrid' ) & took a fat wad with me hoping to have a spend-up, but saw nothing that floated my boat so to speak, 'sat-domes' got one, solar-panels & electronic control, got them, swivel-seats, dun it, LED lights, dun them as well as the reversing-camara & front-monitor, BUT....................I bought a DOOR MOUNTED WASTE BIN!!hugegrins

Had a good nosey around the m/homes, but have to say, we wern't that impressed with most of the layouts, some were so-so, & some were very 'messy' & difficult to get around, so all in all, even though ours is an old model, I'm glad we did a lot of research before buying & have the model that suits us.

I DO like the modern, deeper designed overhead cupboards, which I consider to be a big improvement over our sloping, narrow bottomed jobbies.

So for once we didn't come home wishing & pining for 'something better' & we're well happy with wot we got (for the time being anyway) smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 pm

We have just got back been at the show all day since 10 then over to the Trafford Centre for managements retail therapy and then a nice meal and home - good day had by all despite the weather.

I think the show is an improvement on the former GMEX shows, for us not having to go into Manchester is a plus and the Trafford Centre is only 15mins from home. I would say though allow plenty of time for your visits Saturday and Sunday is "always" busy in this area.

Paul (Mold) - when you come stay on the M56 to the M60 and come in from there less traffic in that direction.

roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks for the tip Roli.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down