The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC

3 posters

Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC Empty Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC

Post by Eltel Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:15 pm

Having been to the NEC today get there early, it was chaos at 10am  this morning with all the road works and complete lack of NEC directions from the Lichfield direction.

The electronic signs were also directing you to the wrong car parks.

Seemed to be a total lack of courtesy buses both this morning and when I left (early) 

Going by train may be a better option.

It seemed the number of the smaller bits & bobs stands was a lot less.

It also seems there has been an another large  increase in prices of new AS motorhomes.

A new Nuevo EK with both the packs £87,000 which I’m sure was £78,000

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC Empty Re: Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:46 pm

Just picked up this post off FB group......

1st day at NEC for motorhome show, went the the AS stand and discovered the New Nuevo Plus which is now 6 meters long as they now have to be on a Fiat Alko chassis. Reason being  Puegeot and Fiat do not manufacture the small chassis for the Nuevo anymore. Apparently ok for the Van Conversions still but not on Coach-built. The Neuvo is still on the advertising literature but AS stand said when they're sold out of existing stock, there will be no more original 5.75m Nuevo's being produced. It will mean no more having to spin front seats if you want singles but the beauty of the Nuevo is the size and will upset some people, so if you want a new 5.75m Nuevo, don't hang about !!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC Empty Re: Caravan & Motorhome Show NEC

Post by Caraman Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:59 am

If the Nuevo EK Plus has an Al-Ko chassis I wonder why A-S don't group it with their other two Al-Ko models on their website - perhaps they will in the future.  The Nuevo EK Plus seems to be in direct competition with the Broadway EK TB LP which has similar length beds and therefore locker space above and below them.  The Broadway is about 47 cm longer and has a lower user payload than the Nuevo Plus which is only 10 cm longer than the outgoing Nuevo.  I wonder what the wheelbase will be on the Nuevo Plus.  The Broadway is £5,160 more than the outgoing Nuevo.  It's not clear what the Nuevo Plus price will be.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down