The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting

+4
roli
burlingtonboaby
Norrie
CC
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Nuevo 11 control panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:18 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks Boaby & Bertb... will get the battery checked.. I managed to get more info elsewhere, so at least I now know that the charger is an intelligent model and what the "3 stage" part actually does, was actually hoping for more feedback on my questions but not too worry will get it sorted somehow....

CC
Hi Mr Cruz,
I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner, I thought I had the user instructions for the PPC4M in my van, but they must have been the one for the symbol.
I have requested advice from Andy Silverster, service mgr at Marquis Northants, regarding the 3 stage part charging, still haven't heard from him. I didn't want to add anything about the charger in case it was the wrong info. I leave my charger switched on for most of the time, when hooked up.The solar panel keeps it topped up.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting

Post by CC Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Boaby... That's fine no worries thanks for your help up!

I've heard back from Sargent Re the control panels, they are made by Bonus not Sargent which is a real shame!

The PDU 4M & associated touch screen were not our products, they were supplied by Bonus Plug-in-systems;
we only started supplying systems for the Nuevo from 2008 onwards.
If you contact Auto-Sleepers direct, they should be able to help you out.

Best Regards

Dan Howlett

Design & Support Technician
Sargent Electrical Services Ltd

Anyway in response to the three stage charger question I posted, from what I could find out the three stage chargers work as follows:

Stage One typically takes the battery to about three-quarters of full charge
Stage Two The charging voltage is then reduced for a few hours (In this stage, charging current is reduced to about half that of the previous stage)
Stage Three The charging voltage drops once again to a level that eventually counterbalances the battery’s internal losses.
This is called the ‘Float Stage’ and Batteries may be left ‘floating’ indefinitely as long as their electrolyte level is checked from time to time.
At this stage of charging a battery will typically be 95%-97% charged (it is very rare for a battery to become 100% charged)
the charger will revert to boost if the battery voltage drops because of a heavy applied load.

So with this info I presume it's perfectly OK to leave your van on hook up all the time it's parked on the drive, maybe this is where I've been going wrong possibly?

Have posted this info in case others like me were unaware and trying to find out due to lack of this information in the Auto-Sleeper handbook

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting

Post by dandywarhol Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Good stuff CC

Motorcycle intelligent chargers like Optimate have been around for some years now and that's exactly how they work too.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 pm

We've noticed something a bit strange with our AS panel too. The van is parked on the drive and the panel turns itself off (or goes into sleep mode) eventually. But we've noticed it keeps turning itself on again for no reason. You go out to the van and see the blue panel is illuminated again. I know it wakes up when the doors are opened but we haven't. Wonder if it's got a motion sensor which activates it - it has been very windy lately and maybe the wind has been catching the van?

I don't think you can completely turn it off can you? When we were sleeping in the van, the blue illumination went off but there was still a light flashing behind the unit. Is this right?
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Nuevo control panel re-booting

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi ActionMike
My 09 Nuevo ek/es, has a rocker switch that turns of the 12 volt electrics to the hab area and cuts out the control panel, this may have been fitted at the same time as the solar panel electrics and reduces the drain on the hab battery.
I switch it on when I want to use the 12 volt electrics.

Great bit of advice re charges from Mr Cruz and Mr Dandy.
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Actionmike wrote:We've noticed something a bit strange with our AS panel too. The van is parked on the drive and the panel turns itself off (or goes into sleep mode) eventually. But we've noticed it keeps turning itself on again for no reason. You go out to the van and see the blue panel is illuminated again. I know it wakes up when the doors are opened but we haven't. Wonder if it's got a motion sensor which activates it - it has been very windy lately and maybe the wind has been catching the van?

I don't think you can completely turn it off can you? When we were sleeping in the van, the blue illumination went off but there was still a light flashing behind the unit. Is this right?

Hi Mike

Must admit these control panels do seem to have a mind of their own, as pretty as they are to look at and entertaining to play around with I personally would have preferred one of the simpler Sargent units and obviously with Auto-Sleepers changing them after a couple of years feedback from other customers would probably indicate the same.

The illuminated panels we have fitted are configured to automatically switch off between the hours of 8pm to 8am. or if it has been inactive for a period of time (not sure how long) If the screen is pressed the backlight will illuminate again. We find ours goes into standby but as soon as you touch it it lights up each time (except for the two occasions where it's been dead of course) but not had the problem you mention where it turns it's self on and off, not that I'm aware of anyway! how did you discover this... by looking through the windows? Wondering if ours is doing this without me being aware and maybe could be contributing to pulling the hab battery down, the other thought I've had is that dreaded "Low Water" alarm which goes off continually, why do you even need this? if you don't have any water on board surely it's because you don't want to travel with excess weight.. you cant even disable it only turn the volume of the alarm down censored!

I've spoke to Sargent and they say the control panel and PDU can be changed for the Sargent equivalent models which are their EC328PSU & EC328CP combo. They say these would need to be fitted by Auto-Sleepers at their Willersey workshop service centre as some minor changes would need to be made to accommodate the different sized control panel etc. (seems like they have some kind of agreement that AutoSleeper carry out these installations, rather than Sargent doing it directly for the customer from what I could gather which is a shame) This is probably the option we will take in the future should ours breakdown or need replacing. (hoping of course it wont come to that hugegrins )

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Fri May 04, 2012 8:54 am

Hello again.
Thought a wee update on my interior strip-lights and awning light may be of interest.
Basically I'd left it all alone over ther winter and decided to get it fixed at Scotland's only AS dealer. On the drive to them the interior lights were coming on off own their own!
The dealer has had the vehicle for 10 days and they've just called to say they can't fix it and would I please come and take it away. Apparently they have spent a lot of time on the phone to AS, but everyone has now given up.
And for that I have to pay them.
I'll post more when I have collected it.
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : 2009 Nuevo ES. X250

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Nuevo 11 control panel re-booting

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri May 04, 2012 11:15 am

Norrie wrote:Hello again.
Thought a wee update on my interior strip-lights and awning light may be of interest.
Basically I'd left it all alone over ther winter and decided to get it fixed at Scotland's only AS dealer. On the drive to them the interior lights were coming on off own their own!
The dealer has had the vehicle for 10 days and they've just called to say they can't fix it and would I please come and take it away. Apparently they have spent a lot of time on the phone to AS, but everyone has now given up.

Hi Norrie
Did you have a look at CC's topic on the little green wire at the back of the control panel, could it something to do with the green wire/receiver antenna, as modelman suggested scratch head
I take it Capital caravans weren't any help.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Norrie wrote:Hello again.

Hi Norrie.... I think jobs like this are best entrusted to Auto-Sleeper themselves, we personally have given up on others due to constant incompetency.. it annoys the heck out of me that a garage can prat about with a vehicle, be unable to fix the problem then have the cheek to charge you for the time spent trying to figure out whats wrong! Nice work if you can get it rolleyes We are using Auto-Sleeper for all our work from now on, yes it's not local but we can just work it in with a trip away... I know it's not quite as easy for you as you are further away.

Have you took the panel out and checked the connections? Just prise off the silver surround and undo the two screws then gently lift out (it's a tight fit so you may have to wiggle it) The green wire at the bottom edge of the circuit board is the antennae for the remote / fob... call Mark Burdett at the service centre and tell him of your problem, and I reckon he will be able to give you some pointers on what the problem could be or why it's not working. I had a stray green / silver wire parted from my unit and he identified it as the waste tank full warning so it's well worth asking him if he can help.

Spinney told us that Auto-Sleepers had loads of the spare control panels with the blue touch screen, however Mark recently told me they no longer carry spares for the panels but they may have a spare control panel you can buy and replace yours (simple job to replace yourself) otherwise I guess they would have to fix another panel from the sargent range but maybe this would result in the loss of one or two features shrugg

First thing I would do is remove yours, check the green antenna wire... and also reboot the panel at the same time by removing the power feed and probably the round battery cell... if still no joy like I said I would contact the service centre for advice.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm

[/quote]

Hi Norrie
Did you have a look at CC's topic on the little green wire at the back of the control panel, could it something to do with the green wire/receiver antenna, as modelman suggested scratch head
I take it Capital caravans weren't any help.
Boaby [/quote]

Thanks for that Boaby. Capital weren't keen to get involved & Perthshire have proved my worst fears to be accurate. AS is the next stop methinks.
Norrie
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 pm

CC, Thanks for that. I wish the dealer was as attentive and helpful as those on this site. I'll try it myself. Then I'll put out the fire and call Mark..... hugegrins
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 am

Good luck Norrie, this link in case you haven't read it shows the green wire / antennae

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Re-Nuevo control panel re-boot

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Norrie wrote:CC, Thanks for that. I wish the dealer was as attentive and helpful as those on this site. I'll try it myself. Then I'll put out the fire and call Mark..... hugegrins

Hi Norrie
I see A/S have a new caravan dealersip in Dumfries, not sure if their workshops can help? also Knowlepark in Livingstone ( not A/S). good luck with your repairs.
Boaby scratch head
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Poo!
I didn't enjoy the experience at the dealership one little bit. I even doubt that they spent much time (in the two weeks they had it!) looking into the problem. I shared my displeasure with another couple who, in turn, shared their's with me. Whatever has happened to expertise and good customer service?
Anyhoo, life's too short etc etc so I'll follow ther good advice offered here and get stuck in myself and call AS.
Many thanks to you good people and if anyone needs any help with indoor karts, Honda C90s or old Beetles (good grief...is that all I know anything about?) I'm your man.
Cheers,
Norrie

DAMN! My son just popped in to say that the Nuevo just lit itself up like a Christmas tree.

Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Yup, standing watching it and the interior striplights and awning light are going on & off randomly, and now independantly. Had to disconnect the habitation battery to stop it.
I've sent an e mail to AS asking how to disable the receiver. I wouldn't mind losing the remote switching facility - which has never worked while we've owned it anyway - but I do need the awning light.
I can hear a couple off relays clicking away so if I can find them I'll try unplugging them. Anyone know how to remove the drawer at the base of the wardrobe? I think they're down below it.

Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 am

Be a shame to lose the remote fob facility Norrie as it's the only way to turn on / off the Awning light (that I'm aware of) agree we don't really use the strip lights much as these are really only entry lights, but nice to have everything working, sounds like your setup has a problem if it's switching on / off randomly, how frustrating.... hope you get it sorted I really feel for you!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Mon May 07, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for that CC.
Yes it would a shame to lose the remote facility but I didn't know it existed until recently (we bought privately) and it hasn't worked anyway.
The awning light is another kettle of fish though - I can switch ours from the (bloody) touch screen.
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 am

Hi All,

My heart “Bleeds” for all of you with these “Fancy Gizmo’s“ scratch head hugegrins ….. what was the matter with good old light switches ??,

Chris (Wife) says “You can't say that ..... you'll upset someone” !!!!

Brian,

PS .... Going to have my “Yellow Pill" & “Morning Nap” now hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 am

Brian,
Couldn't agree more. If there was a way to ditch the panel and replace it with a row of switches I'd do it in a minute.
Electronics have crept into modern cars and are causing all manner of problems. If something's wrong with my old Spitfire or Beetle I can usually see the problem.
Gee, I'm beginning to sound like my dad......
Norrie
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Norrie wrote:Brian,
Couldn't agree more. If there was a way to ditch the panel and replace it with a row of switches I'd do it in a minute.
Electronics have crept into modern cars and are causing all manner of problems. If something's wrong with my old Spitfire or Beetle I can usually see the problem.
Gee, I'm beginning to sound like my dad......
Norrie

Hi norrie,

We are a bit “up to date”

If the Bedside “Sonic” light , activates, during our amorous moments …… I get extra rashers of bacon for breakfast hugegrins

From a malnourished Brian lol4

PS ..... Trust me to muck up a serious issue...... going to stand in the corner now rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 pm

hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins

Attaboy Brian! I needed cheering up.
As my dad used to say, "Norrie there's only two things important in life - breathing in and breathing out again". Heheh.

It's a problem, it will get sorted.
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Norrie wrote: hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins

Attaboy Brian! I needed cheering up.
As my dad used to say, "Norrie there's only two things important in life - breathing in and breathing out again". Heheh.

It's a problem, it will get sorted.

allthumbz allthumbz hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Fancy gizmos....

Post by Norrie Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Helpfully, AS have told me that my first two ports of call should be;-

(Internally) at the base of the offside B pillar (where Peugeot and AS volts meet for the first time) and
(externally) under the vehicle near the offside rear wheel where AS volts have a big meeting point.

I'll check the external connectors first.
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty UPDATE

Post by Norrie Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

After 'only' a fortnight I have made significant progress.
Took solid advice from within these ether walls and contacted MES Ltd. And boy am I glad I did!
Sue (01926 499756) explained that they supplied the panels to AS, they didn't actually make them, but if I would pop the panel in a box and included a cheque for £61.20 they'd arrange for a new receiver card to be fitted and post it back to me within 2 weeks max. Howzat!?!?
As written elsewhere, she could not have been more helpful and knew her stuff well enough to diagnose within 5 minutes on the phone.

Deeply impressed I am.

Mind.....I'll be even more impressed when I get it back and everything works.
Wonder why AS didn't point me towards MES?

Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Control Panel Re-Booting - Page 2 Empty Re-Panel update

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Norrie wrote:After 'only' a fortnight I have made significant progress.
Took solid advice from within these ether walls and contacted MES Ltd. And boy am I glad I did!
Sue (01926 499756) explained that they supplied the panels to AS, they didn't actually make them, but if I would pop the panel in a box and included a cheque for £61.20 they'd arrange for a new receiver card to be fitted and post it back to me within 2 weeks max. Howzat!?!?
As written elsewhere, she could not have been more helpful and knew her stuff well enough to diagnose within 5 minutes on the phone.

Deeply impressed I am.

Mind.....I'll be even more impressed when I get it back and everything works.
Wonder why AS didn't point me towards MES?

Great news Norrie up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next