The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel

+6
roli
further
breakaleg
burlingtonboaby
moggyminor1966
CC
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel

Post by CC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Been trying to get to grips with the leveling aid built into our Nuevo's control panel, has anyone else successfully used theirs as ours doesn't seem to move regardless of how we are pitched it just beeps and shows we are too far over to the right, and too low at the rear... unless I'm doing something wrong scratch head

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Re: Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel

Post by moggyminor1966 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi cc did not know it had a levelling control how do you access it?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Nuevo levelling using the control panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Been trying to get to grips with the leveling aid built into our Nuevo's control panel, has anyone else successfully used theirs as ours doesn't seem to move regardless of how we are pitched it just beeps and shows we are too far over to the right, and too low at the rear... unless I'm doing something wrong scratch head

CC

Hi Cruz
I still use my sprit level across the fridge top, tried the control panel level and found it a waste of time, I think it's because it's a short wheel base ??
Boaby shrugg
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Re: Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel

Post by CC Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 pm

moggyminor1966 wrote:Hi cc did not know it had a levelling control how do you access it?

Hi Moggy

The leveling aid is accessed by touching the screen, when the "AS Motorhomes of excellence" is lit up, if you press the off icon the level icon is displayed, press this and it will show on the screen as a front and rear, and left to right, if you touch each icon it will show how out of level you are and beep, as you move the vehicle the beeps will increase or decrease depending on how level you are and displayed on the screen within the icon.

Wish now I had mentioned it to Mark Burdett at Auto-Sleepers as we were there last week, find it strange that Auto-Sleeper would go to all the trouble of including this feature into the control panel if it doesn't work, which is why I curious if other Nuevo owners had any sucess with it.

Was it just Nuevo's or were there any other vans that Auto-Sleeper fitted the blue touchscreen MES control panels to does anyone know?

If you get to try yours moggy let me know how you get on?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:.
Hi Cruz
I still use my sprit level across the fridge top, tried the control panel level and found it a waste of time, I think it's because it's a short wheel base ??
Boaby shrugg

Hi Boaby

I've tried a few times with ours and had kind of given up on it I must admit, but I seem to recall these panels were only fitted to the Nuevo (unless someone can confirm otherwise) so not sure why it doesn't work as intended, we use a small spirit level on board also but it would be nice if the control panel feature worked as the manual suggests.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Nuevo leveling using the control panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 am

CruizingComet wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:.
Hi Cruz
Boaby shrugg

Hi Boaby

I've tried a few times with ours and had kind of given up on it I must admit, but I seem to recall these panels were only fitted to the Nuevo (unless someone can confirm otherwise) so not sure why it doesn't work as intended, we use a small spirit level on board also but it would be nice if the control panel feature worked as the manual suggests.

CC

Hi Cruz/mogg
The level on the control panel on mine works, I find it quicker using the sprit level when I'm driving onto triple leveling blocks.
see you on sunday if the weather holds
Boaby up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Spirit level, leveling device, if the pans stop on the cooker and the plates on the table, your level enough. never leveled a van in 35 years. hugegrins
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Re Nuevo levelling using control panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Breakaleg
We tend to stay on coastal sites and like to use the triple blocks to level the van as the sites are usally slopped toward the sea. I hate rolling out the bed.
Have a great touring year.
Boaby up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by further Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:53 pm

breakaleg wrote:Spirit level, leveling device, if the pans stop on the cooker and the plates on the table, your level enough. never leveled a van in 35 years. hugegrins
+1
further
further

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:

Hi Cruz/mogg
The level on the control panel on mine works, I find it quicker using the sprit level when I'm driving onto triple leveling blocks.
see you on sunday if the weather holds
Boaby up!

Be nice to get it working all the same, so I might have a look at the control panel and disconnect the power to reset it to see if that has any effect, otherwise i will mention it next time we go to Auto-Sleeper for a hab check and service.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Be interested in seeing this, if any of you have the levelling device and are in ASOC or NM&NW MCC Group look us up on a rally Windsors are rare (and even rarer with ASOF stickers on -think there are 4 of us ?) or at Peterborough or Knutsford Shows in ASOC Rally area (with a Smiley Flag)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

CruizingComet wrote:If you get to try yours moggy let me know how you get on?

Hi cc it does not seem to have this on mine so must be a different control panel.

In any event as long as I am reasonably level I do not fuss too much as sometimes try as you can and you can never get it spot on.

moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeGee7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 am

CruizingComet wrote:Been trying to get to grips with the leveling aid built into our Nuevo's control panel, has anyone else successfully used theirs as ours doesn't seem to move regardless of how we are pitched it just beeps and shows we are too far over to the right, and too low at the rear... unless I'm doing something wrong scratch head

CC

Hi CruizingComet, so far as i Know, if your panel and set up is the same as ours, that screen is only an indication to how level the motorhome is.
DaveG
DeeGee7
DeeGee7

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 am

Hi DaveG

Is yours fitted with the blue illuminated touch screen panel too? thanks, I understand the screen is only an indication of how level the motorhome is....
(in other words I know is doesn't level the MH for you - wouldn't that be a treat if it did smile! )

I would like to have it working as MrsCC could then keep an eye on the panel as I attempt to level our Nuevo up, with the beeping increasing or decreasing similar to reversing sensors then I guess that would give a good indication from the drivers seat, just a shame to have the feature and not make use of it.

Here are the instructions from the manual

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeGee7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

CruizingComet wrote:Hi DaveG

Is yours fitted with the blue illuminated touch screen panel too? thanks, I understand the screen is only an indication of how level the motorhome is....
(in other words I know is doesn't level the MH for you - wouldn't that be a treat if it did smile! )

I would like to have it working as MrsCC could then keep an eye on the panel as I attempt to level our Nuevo up, with the beeping increasing or decreasing similar to reversing sensors then I guess that would give a good indication from the drivers seat, just a shame to have the feature and not make use of it.

CC
Hi CC, no sorry I'm afraid my panel only shows 2 diagrams of the motorhome. One sideways view and one head on, which shows which way it's leaning.
These LCD panels were made by MES ltd. I had to ring them for information on the panel once, and the woman I spoke to could not have been more helpful. She did not have the information I was after at hand and said she would phone me back. She duly did and sent an e-mail with the relevant articles photocopied and attached. I was told by the woman that they had not had any dealings with Auto-sleepers for some years and that is why it took her some time to get the information on my particular panel. Very impressed with how she went out of her way to assist me when ultimately there was nothing in it for their firm.
DaveG

Their contact details in case:

MES Ltd,
Unit A2, Harris Road,
Wedgnock Ind Estate,
Warwick
CV34 5JU

Tel:01926 499756
DeeGee7
DeeGee7

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Dave that is very handy having their contact details... I'm aware that Auto-Sleepers only used these panels for around two years before going back to Sargent panels (not sure why?) so there were not too many that had them fitted, as far as I'm aware they were only ever fitted to the Nuevo's? Hated the panel at first but now I'm used to I actually like it, apart from the glare and positioning of the screen which can be difficult to read.

Thanks for the info... very good up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leveling Using The Control Panel Empty Leveling

Post by murph Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 am

Hi All
My leveling device comprises one of the small dashboard pockets which has been leveled with a piece of wood (lots of filing and fiddleing,) and a 2 way spirit level this means that I do not have to go back and forth from the fridge top to the driving seat to check the level.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeGee7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks Dave that is very handy having their contact details... I'm aware that Auto-Sleepers only used these panels for around two years before going back to Sargent panels (not sure why?) so there were not too many that had them fitted, as far as I'm aware they were only ever fitted to the Nuevo's? Hated the panel at first but now I'm used to I actually like it, apart from the glare and positioning of the screen which can be difficult to read.

Thanks for the info... very good up!

CC
Hi CC, our Hampshire is fitted with an MES panel and I did not realise that Auto-Sleepers fitted them to other models as I had not seen any others. Another bit of info we got from our local dealer was how to reset the panel. Make sure the 240 v supply is off, then lift off the panel edge and undo the 2 philips screws which hold the panel into the surround. Lift out the panel and remove the 2 plugs, leave disconnected for about 20 seconds and then replace. We had to do this when the water level indicator went haywire. But like you I don't understand what made Auto-Sleepers change the panels they fitted. scratch head
DaveG

DeeGee7
DeeGee7

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks DaveG.. will give that a go after the weekend, did have a spot of bother with the panel just before Christmas but think this was more down to the hab battery getting low, so I charge it frequently now and not had any more issues, it might just reset the level function though so worth a try!

CC

I tried taking some pics of the control panel for reference but the glare was too bad, Boaby managed to take some clearer ones showing the leveling feature and emailed these to me....

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeGee7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks DaveG.. will give that a go after the weekend, did have a spot of bother with the panel just before Christmas but think this was more down to the hab battery getting low, so I charge it frequently now and not had any more issues, it might just reset the level function though so worth a try!

CC
I tried taking some pics of the control panel for reference but the glare was too bad, Boaby managed to take some clearer ones showing the leveling feature and emailed these to me....
Hi CC my panel is twice that size.
According to Auto-Sleepers my panel is an MES part no. ET2017CP
The main screen is at least twice that height so maybe the reset will not work on your panel.
The other way of checking the calibration is, when in the OFF screen press the screen in the clock area so it beeps and then hold for 10 to 20 seconds and the CALIBRATION screen should appear. By pressing CAL1 the panel is calibrated to the motorhome, then press RETURN, and this takes you back to the first screen. You must make sure the charger is turned off before doing this because it will affect the readings.
Hope this helps.
DaveG

DeeGee7
DeeGee7

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the tips DaveG.... Pretty sure our panel can be reset too by disconnecting the power but I will try your tip of the calibration by pressing the screen for 10-20 seconds as you suggest, if I can't get the level function working it's not the end of the world, just that I like things to work as intended and if things don't operate or do as they are supposed to it just bugs me to be honest....

Not surprised your Hampshire has a bigger panel fitted, she's a big beast wink02 MrsCC has her eyes on the new Stanton after seeing one at Auto-Sleepers and also over the weekend when she was eying up a new Stanton as well as a Gloucester (similar size to your Hampshire I guess) at the Newark show, the cab on those Mercs is like a truck! smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

CC,
Hope you don't mind me joining in.
For many, many years I have always used one of those cheap little pointy twin spirit levels on the dash.
Tried the built-in level on our new van once and immediately gave up.
Just rub a little hand cream, vaseline, olive oil, whatever on the ledge in front of the speedo directly in front of you, level the van, put three blobs of silicone on the back of the level and gently press it level on the ledge.
Hey presto, removable level (for cleaning purposes) and immediate view of when to stop when going up/down the ramp(s).

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Our 57 Sigma is another that has the AS panel. Like you CC I gave up on the auto leveller after 2 tries. The original panel started running on muffins during the first month and Charles Trevelyan sent me a new one to snap in with a request to get the old one back to him whenever I could. Been hunky dory ever since. I quite like it except that it is sited above the habitation door and can be a strain on the neck if fiddling on it for too long. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 pm

PennyandDerek wrote:CC,
Hope you don't mind me joining in.
For many, many years I have always used one of those cheap little pointy twin spirit levels on the dash.
Tried the built-in level on our new van once and immediately gave up.

Derek

Hi Derek... Of course I don't mind you joining in... the more the merrier gimmefive

We do have one of the little levels that you describe as well but I've not used it since having our Nuevo as we have stayed mostly on CC & C&CC sites with mainly level pitches, and haven't been far enough out to worry about leveling up. Seems like the control panel leveling feature might be a bit gimmicky smile!

grasscutter wrote:Our 57 Sigma is another that has the AS panel. Like you CC I gave up on the auto leveller after 2 tries. The original panel started running on muffins during the first month and Charles Trevelyan sent me a new one to snap in with a request to get the old one back to him whenever I could. Been hunky dory ever since. I quite like it except that it is sited above the habitation door and can be a strain on the neck if fiddling on it for too long. G

Hi there Grasscutter

I know what you mean about the control panel being over the habitation door, whoever decided that was a good idea I wonder tap_fingers the screen's panel would be OK if it was tilted downwards slightly and the glare would also be vastly reduced. I have just ordered some matte / anti-glare screen protectors in the hope I can apply one over the screen to combat this problem and make life a little easier, other than this like yourself, I really like the panel. I noticed on Boaby's Nuevo they fitted the control panel to the left of the hab door beneath the trumaheat dial next to the kitchen locker, easier to reach and I dare say the reflections are less.

When I have a few moments spare I intend disconnecting our panel to see if it resets it in the hope the built in leveler will then work properly, would never rely on it but as I've said before I hate things that don't work as they are supposed to, if the feature is there I want it to work even if I don't use it.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi CC Anti glare film sounds like a good idea. I would be interested to hear how well it works. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next