The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery

3 posters

Go down

Battery  Empty Battery

Post by playbus Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:36 pm

I have an 2004 autosleeper talisman and even if Ileave it for a few days, the main engine battery runs down and I have to re charge it? Any thiught why it is de-charging so quickly and so often?
playbus
playbus

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Battery  Empty Re: Battery

Post by -mojo- Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Does it have an alarm? Does it have a tracker? Does it have any devices connected to the electrical system by a previous owner, the purpose of which you are unsure? Does it have an aftermarket headunit fitted? Are there any chargers or power supplies plugged into any permanent 12V outlets?

Of course it may be none of these things - depending on age and history, it may just be that the battery is shagged out...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Alarm

Radio

Other device which leaches power in the background

Knackered

Probably the latter if it's the original battery. think_smiley_46

If you store the van on hookup I'd suggest switching your charger to "Vehicle battery" semi-permanently. The habitation battery will not discharge very quickly, and if you have ready access to the van you can switch over to "Habitation" on the charger for a couple of days once a fortnight.

Alternately you might think about a Battery Master. Then you just leave the habitation battery on permanent charge and the Battery Master looks after the vehicle battery automatically. (Assuming you are on hookup or have a solar panel of course.)

Hope this helps

Dave

Must type faster. Mojo is lightning on the keyboard! lol4
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by playbus Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 pm

topmarks Thanks everyone, checked through everything and my conclusion is that.......... I guess an 11 year old battery needs replaced......I am typing this slow so Dave can read it topmarks
playbus
playbus

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down