The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo layouts

+4
burlingtonboaby
Paulmold
gemdeco
meanchris
8 posters

Go down

Nuevo layouts Empty Nuevo layouts

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 pm

What, if any, are the differences in layouts of the Nuevo variants.

We were looking at a Nuevo II the other day, and noticed that it:

a. Is a little shorter than the Exec
b. That the benches were unequal lengths

Are there any Nuevo variants with equal length benches? If so, which ones should we be looking for?

Is there anyone who has a definitive knowledge of the differences, or is there a reference site or similar to look at?

Thanks
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Nuevo layouts Empty Re: Nuevo layouts

Post by gemdeco Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi
   Having a look at the adverts gives the best guide what is available,are you buying new or secondhand do you want 2 or 4 berth What year are you looking at ,what base vehicle do you want and most important what is your budget.
  regards Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:27 pm

2 berth, end kitchen, like the Exec.

Looking at advert pictures doesn't really show the nuances of the designs and layouts.

As I said, the one we looked at had unequal length bench seats, which translates to a much smaller double bed in the slightly shorter chassis, but we've seen an ad that appears to show a variant with equal length bench seats

Peugeot of course. Any year, it's not planned to buy in the near future, we just want to know how to sift the ads for the layout and variations that we prefer.

A short history of the Nuevo is what we need.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:41 pm

My Nuevo ES is an 06 on the facelifted Boxer 2002-2006. Although its a 4 berth, we picked it for the extra storage above the cab. We have 2 rear forward facing seats which slide forward to create 2 equal length benches. We leave it configured to the two benches with swivelled front seats. We sleep on the two benches which together with the front seats make two equal length beds. The backrests are used to fill in the gap between the benches to make up a crossways double bed. We have no external lockers due to having the two rear seats unlike the 2 berth versions which have lockers which go under the fixed benches.
I'm sure there are other differences but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:25 am

Bed size dimensions 09 Nuevo single bed offside 1750x650, near side 1850x650. Double bed 2100x1380.
Nuevo ES, ie the 4 seat belt van, single bed offside 1750x620, overcab bed 1920x1150.
The Nuevo classic van may have different bed sizes ?
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The above link shows the EL variant.

Over the years there have been three different external body styles for the Nuevo each with different internal dimensions.  There are also many different internal configurations.  I'm pretty sure there is no 'reference document' holding details of all the variants but the relevant dimensions will be in the various AS handbooks and I'm sure there are owners of all three types on the forum.

Try posting something like "Please help find Nuevo bed dimensions"

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 am

Ahh, thanks gents, we hadn't realised that there are so many variants.

I've seen and heard them called 'Nuevo', 'Nuevo Classic', Nuevo II, but didn't know the differences or that there's an end lounge layout.

The link you supplied is excellent Peter, in that it shows a floorplan, as you'd expect for a house or boat, why don't dealers all do that?

Also thanks guys for the bench measurements, we'll compare them with our Exec.

We like to sleep in a made up double, which in the Exec is basically King sized and gives plenty of squirm room for those hot (as in weather) nights.

I just know that if we buy something untried, with a normal sized double, or odd shape, there'll be arguments and regrets.  hugegrins

Chrissie would be okay with an end lounge, but I feel that the constriction in the middle, where the kitchen/bathroom is, then makes the whole van feel disconnected and claustrophobic - bad Feng Shui  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins

Paul's comment about the extra storage is also pertinent, the Exec has a huge over cab locker which, now that we've got used to using, we would struggle without.

We looked at a 2012 (IIRC) at the weekend, and I didn't like the huge window over the cab, daft idea IMHO.

(What I probably really want is something as close to the Exec as possible, anyone got an '05 or '06 Exec for sale?  hugegrins )

More comments from anyone who knows what to look for in a Nuevo would be very helpful, thanks.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:48 am

The bed dimensions I have stated are taken from my 09 Nuevo user handbook . Standard Nuevo EK and ES.
We didn't find the double bed very comfortable as we found it had too many joins making an uneven bed.
Lots of storage in the overhead cab area.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:10 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:The bed dimensions I have stated are taken from my 09 Nuevo user handbook . Standard Nuevo EK and ES.
We didn't find the double bed very comfortable as we found it had too many joins making an uneven bed.
Lots of storage in the overhead cab area.
Boaby

That's one of the reasons that we want to stick with two equal benches, like the Exec.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Nuevo, Nuevo Classic and Nuevo II are? I mistakenly assumed originally that the 'Nuevo' was a model (like the Exec is a specific model), where it now looks like it's a range of similar models.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:18 am

The Nuevo Classic is really a Nuevo 1 body on a Nuevo 11 chassis, ie. narrower than Nuevo 11.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 am

Paulmold wrote:The Nuevo Classic is really a Nuevo 1 body on a Nuevo 11 chassis, ie. narrower than Nuevo 11.

Thanks, are they all the same length, they seem to be shorter than the Exec, about the same length as a Clubman?
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo layouts Empty Re: Nuevo Layouts

Post by streetglider Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Our 2008 Nuevo 2 berth is 5630mm long, 2690mm wide (including mirrors) and 2820mm high - all dimensions from the A/S handbook.
Our side benches are unequal in length but it doesn't detract from a large, comfy double bed. (I'm 6'1" and an ex-rugby playing fifteen stone).We sleep with a thin mattress cover which smooths out any lumps or bumps but, to us, the bed is very comfy and a doddle to make/unmake. The overhead storage on the two berth takes all our bedding (even in winter) and still leaves room for a few other bits.

Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Where in the northwest are you? You're quite welcome to come to Buxton and look around our 2004 Nuevo 2 berth, try out the bed for size if you like.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:23 pm

PM sent  biggrin
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Chris

I think going from your Executive to say a Nuevo you'd find it a struggle, the end lounge Nuevo especially feels really small compared to the end kitchen layout.

Have you considered the Broadway? (The Nuevo's bigger brother) We find the larger Broadway's End Lounge far from constricted or claustrophobic, it flows brilliantly & offers loads of space for lounging around, best of all IMO the end lounge layout gets you away from the front drafty cold cab area and offers a good scenic view of what's going on all around you.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:Hi Chris

I think going from your Executive to say a Nuevo you'd find it a struggle, the end lounge Nuevo especially feels really small compared to the end kitchen layout.

Have you considered the Broadway? (The Nuevo's bigger brother) We find the larger Broadway's End Lounge far from constricted or claustrophobic, it flows brilliantly & offers loads of space for lounging around, best of all IMO the end lounge layout gets you away from the front drafty cold cab area and offers a good scenic view of what's going on all around you.

As with buying anything like a car or house, there's lot's to consider.

Personally, I like the more open plan feel of an EK, the EL models do sometimes feel claustrophobic to me, restricting the width of the living space in the middle of the van, whereas Christine likes the EL.

We have looked at the Broadway ads, but they start at more than we want to spend, and they're also well over 6m with a bike rack. So far we've got away with <6m ferry charges with our Exec + bikes.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down