The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ...

4 posters

Go down

It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ... Empty It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ...

Post by Dutto Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:54 am

.... because I was fitted with two new hearing-aids yesterday!

They are not the most modern "in-ear" type of hearing aids but on the positive side they are not attached to a box the size of a suitcase like my granddad used to cart about!

I am finding the experience pretty weird as I am picking up all kinds of sounds that I've been missing for years; the most disturbing of which is that I can hear myself shuffling my feet when I walk around the house!!!  Me?  Shuffle?  Like an old man?  I think not!  tap_fingers

Ah well, here's looking forward to a grumpy old age where at least I will be able to hear my carers shouting at me and the splashes of creeping incontinence!

Best regards,
drinksallround

PS

All you youngsters should remember that the only alternative to old age is to die young. allthumbz allthumbz allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ... Empty Re: It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ...

Post by boxerman Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 am

Have you driven the van while wearing them yet? terrifying! you can hear every squeak, tap and rattle.
It's not too bad once you get accustomed to them,but it's a steep learning curve  hugegrins

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ... Empty Re: It's official - I am a Grumpy Old Man ...

Post by Swansea Jac Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Dave also now has two of the little beasties.  Maybe you could persuade him to wear them??  I have not had much success....Still now we can both grumble... me because I still have to repeat everything 4 times when he doesn't wear them , and him because, as you say, the world is a very noisy place when he does fit them
shrugg
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Ian
You didn't need hearing aids to find out that you are a grumpy old man, we could have told you ages ago! - just kidding

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Swansea Jac beware because here's another plus!! allthumbz allthumbz 

I can now hear all the long drawn out sighs that my better half exhales when I am getting on her nerves .... up!

.... and now I hear them I can comment on the fact that I can hear them .... up! up!

.... which I suspect will also get on her nerves.  Whistle1  Whistle1  Whistle1

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:57 pm

happyno
No chance! 
He only wears them when we go out for Sunday lunch, so he can chat to friends in the Boating Club!
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi there,

I suppose the good news is that you aren't listening anyway, especially when the lamp is swinging, the waves are growing higher and the spray coming down the bar is getting worse with every re-telling of the story! allthumbz

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone that the hearing aids were fitted by a very nice lady from The Pillipeens.  She worked as an Audiologist for many years in The Pillipeens so I presume that this must be an area somewhere up near Lincoln way because I've never cycled through it around Skegness.Whistle1

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down