The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway FB body sides

3 posters

Go down

Broadway FB body sides Empty Broadway FB body sides

Post by ajrm Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 15:15

We were in Brittany a few days ago in our 2013 Broadway FB. It was hot, the fridge was working well and I was sitting by the rear nearside wheel looking towards the front. 
I could see a crease in the bodywork, running vertically between the two fridge vents.
Trick of the light?
No, its definitely a crease you can see and feel. So, wondering what was causing it, I took the fridge vents off and felt inside. The insulation is joined inside the panel and a sealing strip runs over the joint, only it doesn't anymore, it has fallen off, rather like the sealing strips inside on the vans interior walls which are curling up, that I had assumed were just there to cover joins in the wall covering, not the actual insulation panels themselves.
I suspect the heat from the fridge has affected the glue and the insulation is parting where the sealing strip has come off.
My first thoughts were that someone had cut the insulation strip wrongly at the factory and stuck a strip over the top, but it appears that all the interior walls are in sections and sealed internally with rubbish strips that peel off. 
I would have thought that the panels would have one continuous covering of insulation, not lots of sections with the joins covered over with poorly applied tape.
The longer I own this luxury van, the more I wonder how awful other vans must be!

Anyone else noticed their van walls showing vertical creases?

Allan
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB body sides Empty Re: Broadway FB body sides

Post by roli Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 16:18

You need to get onto AS and get  that sorted whilst its still under warranty.  Dont mess about with the dealer
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:57

As the dealer is only a few miles away, I will go there first, but I agree AS need to sort it out, seems to me to be a manufacturing defect.
I'd still be interested to know if all the later Broadway FB's have this seam / join between running down between the fridge vents.
Allan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 23:02

Hi Allan, all the sealing strips and the Broadway logo across the bonnett in my new Broadway EB are coming away also, so gone back to dealers with other teething problems and they say that they are sending it back to Auto Sleepers for repairs. My wife Pat and I still love the van and can't wait to get it back, hope you get yours sorted soon.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:19

Hi John, any idea how long they are keeping it for? We will be using our van a lot over the next few months so don't want AS to have it for too long if it gets sent to them.
Allan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 0:16

Hi Allan not sure as I've told them that I go in for a minor op next week and I told them no rush.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Mon 16 Jun 2014 - 10:50

Off to the dealer on Wed for them to have a look.  They said they would have to photograph the  crease and send it to AS for assessment
Allan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 18:38

How did you go on Allan.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 12:01

Dealer photographed the crease and sent it to AS. Shortly after I got a letter from AS saying someone was going to come and look at the van as they had not seen this happen before. I also had a phone call to arrange a visit.
We are on France for a few weeks and will arrange a meet when we get back.
Top marks to AS for their speed of response. I'll update the thread when it all gets sorted out.
Allan

Male

Back to top Go down