The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Booster Reinza

5 posters

Go down

TV Booster Reinza Empty TV Booster Reinza

Post by jerico Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a Teleco TM 35 booster in the wardrobe.   As there  is no signal on the TV, I checked the continuity back from the TV to the socket to the booster.   All OK so far but I  cant get any connection through the booster to the aerial.   I see there are  two wires into the b ooster.   If there is no current to the booster would that affect the through connection, and where do those wires go to?    Can anyone help please    Jerico
jerico
jerico

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : rienza

Back to top Go down

TV Booster Reinza Empty Re: TV Booster Reinza

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:41 pm

The amplifier (booster) does not have any DC continuity between the input and output irrespective of whether it is powered or not.

I'm not familiar with your particular unit but it will be powered by 12v from the habitation circuitry. I don't know if there is a switch on the unit itself or whether it is just switched on/off by the main 12v habitation switch.

I'm presuming it has worked in the past?

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Jerico, big welcome to the forum and hope you suss the antenna OK.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi Jerico and welcome, There should be a switch on the booster itself.

Regards Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:07 am

Hi Jerico ....  on the main switch control panel on the Rienza, the switch immediately to the right of the "hab/charge/vehicle rocker switch on the lower row,  supplies the TV booster, or it did on mine.    With the interior lights switched on, operate this switch and if you watch closely you should see a very slight dimming of the lights.   This would indicate that power to being supplied to the booster.
If your vehicle is fitted with the "Teleco Wing" aerial, don't expect a lot.    There are several links to Teleco Wing on this forum as it was renowned for not being fit for purpose.   Personally, I used a cheap independent aerial connected direct to the TV.

good luck and welcome to the forum.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

TV Booster Reinza Empty TV booster rienza

Post by jerico Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, thank you for all your replies, I thought Id be lucky to get one!   I think the problem will be with the teleco aerial not being much good.  Perhaps Ill try an indoor aerial plugged into the TV.   Weve had vans for 18 years but never had a TV as we were always walking or cycling.   Now my wife has a new hip I think well be a bit more static, hence the TV.    Thanks again     Jerico
jerico
jerico

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : rienza

Back to top Go down