The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleepers Reinza information wanted

+2
roli
vdero
6 posters

Go down

Autosleepers Reinza information wanted Empty Autosleepers Reinza information wanted

Post by vdero Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi
I am looking to purchase a Autosleeper Reinza

Can anyone answer the following questions

What year did this model finish being made?

What length are the single beds? (I am 6.4)

What MPG could I expect to get from the Ford model

Many thanks

vdero
vdero
vdero

Auto-Sleeper : reinza

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Reinza information wanted Empty Re: Autosleepers Reinza information wanted

Post by roli Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Sorry I cant give you dates of manufacture but it was available as the Rienza and also the Marquis Hampshire. If you are looking for a later model then you need to look for a Hampshire. There is I think a version of this van still made on a Merc chassis but cant remember its name (so many names now for what effectively is the same van-coupled with grey cell deterioration)

I can understand your interest the van and you should be ok for bed length. With regards to mpg we have a MK7 Transit (2.4td) which is a bit shorter than the Rienza/Hampshire and on runs it tells me we do 30-31mpg and not so good roads/short runs about 28mpg.

The Transits (particularly the Mk7s) are a nice motor to drive.

We have some Rienza owners on here so no doubt they will respond soon
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Reinza information wanted Empty Re: Autosleepers Reinza information wanted

Post by TeamRienza Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi vdero,

I have a Rienza and we love it. Had it for about 2 years now. Ours is 2006, Roli gives some useful info and the people at Autosleeper are good about answering queries.

Only logged on at about 22;10 so I will measure bed length tomorrow, although I think it is in handbook as well.

Our van has consistantly done 28-29 mpg over the period we have owned it. No perceived difference in length of trip or type of road. The one factor I would mention is that I don't usually exceed 55mph and am more likely to be averaging 45mph on the roads in my locality

It is a Mk6 2.5 tdi but i will confirm this tomorrow.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi vdero,

As promised the bed dimensions are;

Across the width of the van made up as a double (the way we use it) from wall to wall 2.00 Metres (6ft 6).

The offside bed used as a single (or double) 1.93 metres ( 6ft 4).

The nearside bed used as a single (or double Lengthways) 2.03 metres. ( 6ft 7.5 in).

These assume that the seat backs are lifted out of the way, and are maximum measurements.

our van is a two berth, the over cab area is storage only (great for the bedding).

Whilst I was in the van I measured the height Floor to ceiling near the door, it was 1.92 metres ( 6ft 3.5).

The chassis is a 2.4 Lt engine and carries the legend 115 T350 on the cab doors.

If I can help with any other query, feel free to contact me.

Good luck with what ever choice you make, let me know if you go for the Rienza (an Italian river name).

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi

Not logged on for a while so only just seen your post.

We have an '06 model (registered 2007) on a 135 T350, the last of the Mark 6 Transits which we bought towards the end of last year.

Love the van, the layout suits us perfectly with a very comfy lounge, loads of storage for two and great kitchen. The side door in the right place between lounge and kitchen. Also it's very pleasant to drive, though our fuel consumption hasn't been as good as TeamRienza's. We're getting about 24-25mpg- that's on mixed driving generally in hilly country and maybe we travel a bit quicker; typically 60mph cruise, 65 on motorways.

We looked at a few others and thought it worth going for the later model with the six speed box and more powerful motor. We tried a 115 BHP 5 speed and found it to be a bit noisy at cruising speed, and also lacking in torque when setting off though fine when on the move. Also a few other neat touches on the later model such as the handbrake moved to the drivers door side rather than centre aisle where it is a bit of an obstruction, and an update on some of the internal fittings eg. concertina blinds rather than rollers.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find a nice one.

Wingnut
Wingnut

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Vdero .... likewise I have just noticed your post (almost a month old by now so you may be a proud owner by this time) Would echo all the previous posts from owners. This is a good van and makes a good luxury two berth with lots of comfort and space. I have the 135 T350 version which was first registered in June, 2005, and has the six speed box. It is a good long haul cruiser and can easily sit at 70mph and still have a good bit more. MPG averages about 28-29 though I have had over thirty on a long journey on a very flat (and boring ) Italian autostrada. A friend has a 115 T350 with a five speed auto change (paddles on the steering wheel) I would not recommend it unless an auto is essential. It is slower and "drones" a bit when cruising. Interested to hear that "wingnut's" model has the handbrake on the right hand side of the driver's seat ..... mine's in the middle and does cause a minor obstruction but nothing drastic. Another bonus point is rear wheel drive, not only for grip, but a much better turning circle than front wheel drive.
Any most of all - its a FORD !!! enough said.

regards Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi all

Interesting to see the reported fuel consumption on the Rienza is generally in the high 20s and nudging 30 per, whilst we're only getting about 25- though that's based on only a bit over a thousand miles so far and no really long runs. Wonder what axle ratio BobK and TeamRienza are running? The Transit owners handbook lists two options, from memory about 3.75 and 4.25. Ours has the lower ratio and does feel undergeared, it's quite possible to start from rest in second and as I recall the motor's spinning about 2300rpm at 60mph indicated . Wondering if a rear axle change would be worthwhile.

Cheers
JK
Wingnut
Wingnut

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hugh jones Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 pm

post edited

If you have a vehicle to sell please list in the classifieds section not here - it would also be courteous to introduce yourself to our other members.

Admin.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posting of vehicles for sale not allowed except in classifieds)
hugh jones
hugh jones

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:17 am

The 135 T350 DuraTorq turbo diesel seems to have the options of 3.77 and 4.27 diffs. Mine, I would reckon, has the 3.77 as it turns over about 2400rpm when sitting at seventy mph. They used to stamp diffs with the ratios or the number of teeth in the crown wheel and pinion. Don't know if they still do it.

Admittedly I tend to check mpg when I'm doing long trips and running from tankful to tankful. I don't think there is much wrong with the low to mid twenties if you're on mixed roads and hills. Headwinds also make a significant difference.

Don't think I would consider doing a diff change, up or down, unless really necessary.

Nice to see there are a few Rienzas appearing.

regards BobK
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks BobK, that's useful info. We have a few longer trips planned for the spring, I'll clock the consumption then.

John K
Wingnut
Wingnut

Male

Back to top Go down