The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

removing seitz blinds from Reinza

2 posters

Go down

removing seitz blinds from Reinza  Empty removing seitz blinds from Reinza

Post by Hutchie Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:45 pm

I am looking to replace two of the large blinds in my 2002 Reinza. Does anybody know how this could be done without removing all of the top lockers, corner cupboards, Lights, speakers etc.. I can only presume that to get access to the top screws and to get sufficient space to pull of the outer covers all lockers etc must have to be removed but this looks like a mammoth task.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza.
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

removing seitz blinds from Reinza  Empty Re: removing seitz blinds from Reinza

Post by Peter Parkes Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:14 am

Hi Hutchie - no need to remove the top or corner cupboards. It is fiddley but the top screws can be removed using a screw drive head on a small socket ratchet.
Do your research on line first and get diagrams and YouTube demos of the method and access. Be carful not to break the seal of the external frame to avoid cleaning up and resealing to keep water tight.  It is not a quick job and time & patience need - good luck.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

removing seitz blinds from Reinza  Empty Re: removing seitz blinds from Reinza

Post by Hutchie Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:29 am

smile!
Hi peter,
Thanks for the tip. I did manage to get the side blind removed, I had a crosshead allenkey shape tool that did the job.
    The rear window had me puzzled as there was no clearance between the lockers and the frame. (one screwhead was located exactly in the centre behind the locker carcass ). Even with the all the screws removed I would have no clearance to remove the inner frame.
 I was missing something because I could not believe that the makers would not design this with the blinds not removeable, then it dawned on me. When all screws are removed ( the makers did not put the centre top screw in ) the outer frame can be removed allowing the inner frame to drop out.
  All I have to do now is source two spare blinds replace them and reseal the rear window.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza.
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down