The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

My Nuevo II has alloy wheels but a steel spare. I assume steel wheels use a different wheel bolt but none are provided by A/S quite an oversight I feel. Whilst I would not contemplate changing a wheel myself I would be stuck if I did not have the correct bolts.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 5 bolts for steel wheels at a fair price?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Re: Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by -mojo- Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Definitely worth thinking about, though it doesn't ~necessarily~ follow that different wheel bolts are needed - I've owned a vehicle with alloys that had a near-invisible set of steel inserts set into the wheel, and they took standard steel wheel bolts.

For the additional cost of original Peugeot parts I wouldn't take a chance on it - I'd take my van's VIN with me to a dealer and get a set of correct originals.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Re: Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by inspiredron Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 pm

My Lancashire had no locking bolts for the alloys. I found it extremely difficult to get the wheel bolt specs to order suitable locking bolts. Peugeot were of no help at all. In the end I guessed and ordered. When they came I checked head taper angle as well as thread and was relieved that I had bought the right ones. However - the van came with an adapter plate for the steel spare and nobody can tell me how to use it - any ideas greatefully received!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 am

You will find the Fiat dealers chepaer than the Pugeot dealers for your wheel nuts/bolts
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Found these on eBay item no. 350880775265. They are from a 2002 model but does anyone know if they will fit the x250 range?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down