Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by moggyminor1966 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

My Nuevo II has alloy wheels but a steel spare. I assume steel wheels use a different wheel bolt but none are provided by A/S quite an oversight I feel. Whilst I would not contemplate changing a wheel myself I would be stuck if I did not have the correct bolts.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 5 bolts for steel wheels at a fair price?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Re: Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by -mojo- on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Definitely worth thinking about, though it doesn't ~necessarily~ follow that different wheel bolts are needed - I've owned a vehicle with alloys that had a near-invisible set of steel inserts set into the wheel, and they took standard steel wheel bolts.

For the additional cost of original Peugeot parts I wouldn't take a chance on it - I'd take my van's VIN with me to a dealer and get a set of correct originals.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 19
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare? Empty Re: Nuevo II Wheel bolts for steel spare?

Post by inspiredron on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 pm

My Lancashire had no locking bolts for the alloys. I found it extremely difficult to get the wheel bolt specs to order suitable locking bolts. Peugeot were of no help at all. In the end I guessed and ordered. When they came I checked head taper angle as well as thread and was relieved that I had bought the right ones. However - the van came with an adapter plate for the steel spare and nobody can tell me how to use it - any ideas greatefully received!

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 am

You will find the Fiat dealers chepaer than the Pugeot dealers for your wheel nuts/bolts

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Found these on eBay item no. 350880775265. They are from a 2002 model but does anyone know if they will fit the x250 range?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum