The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adjusting large Heki

3 posters

Go down

Adjusting large Heki Empty Adjusting large Heki

Post by inspiredron Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 am

On our Lancashire the winding handle on the large Heki does not seem to be firmly mounted - there seems to be a lot of play. From time to time the gears seem to slip when locking it down and one side lock does not engage as firmly as the other - I can push that side upwards when the other side is firmly held down.
On my Hymer wind up Heki there was no play at all in the wnding handle - but that was a parallel lift type rather than the front hinged version on the Lancashire.
What should I expect?

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Adjusting large Heki Empty Re: Adjusting large Heki

Post by Nuevo Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Maybe the cable is stretched and needs retensioning, no problems with ours and its had lots of usage.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Nuevo wrote:Maybe the cable is stretched and needs retensioning, no problems with ours and its had lots of usage.

Unlikely, as the loose feel of the handle has been there since day 1 and the van is less than a year old. When I collected the van the salesman and I removed the winding handle because it felt loose. The spindle above the handle was not held firm and it was actually very difficult to locate the handle back on the splines. We had to use the screw to pull the spigot back onto thr handle or it popped up into a recess. I don't know whether it is bad design or a duff gearbox!

Thanks for your suggestion. smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am

Hello inspiredron it seems that the problem you have is more than the handle I would suggest that maybe a wire is not doing its job on one side so a strip down and investigate should be done. We have replaced a couple of gearboxes but on models two or three years old but it may just need an adjustment internally.

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleepers Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 pm

My van has been at Marquis for several weeks now dealing with habitation check and a number of warranty issues, including the roof light, which has been completely replaced. There was obviously something severely wrong with the old one. My former Hymer had a parallel lift Heki which was always easy to raise and lower. I had attributed the difficulty of opening the hinged one on the Lancashire to cables having to pull on the short end of a lever - getting it to start rising needed a really heavy turn on the winding handle. The new one is far easier, though it does seem to need 4 turns after it appears to be closed to lock down firmly - but with no strain. And the handle is not flopping around.

Thanks for your input Motor Plus. up!

Male

Back to top Go down