The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing Large Heki Blind

2 posters

Go down

Replacing Large Heki Blind Empty Replacing Large Heki Blind

Post by LUX Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 am

The blackout blind on our large Heki in our Pollensa 2001 has developed small holes and tears - has anyone managed to replace just the blind and how?  Any help very welcome. LUX:scratch head:
LUX
LUX

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Replacing Large Heki Blind Empty Can be done

Post by jimthefish Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi LUX  my Nuevo had a faulty blind when we purchase it in 2005, they replaced it whilst we waited, it made the blokes arms ache and took about 45mins.

First find a suitable place to lay it down when you change it.

To remove it
Remove vented screw covers with a sharp knife or thin screwdriver. Then remove screws from inner frame and Carefully pull inner frame down to release blind and flyscreen.
Unclip the blind and tension unit and replace the blind side and re-tension blind and flyscreen equally, I assume he used the same method as re-tensioning window blinds with a pair of pliers on the retaining flat
Re-assemble in reverse order, but test it before you put the screw covers back on.

Mind you when you see the price of just a replacement blind (£70+) you might glue the tear and pretend the holes are stars in the sky, the holes in mine just look like the plough formation.

Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Replacing Large Heki Blind Empty henke blind

Post by LUX Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:01 pm

many thanks jim
yes at that kind of cost, we will have to think we are looking to the heavens and seeing the same stars as you see

regards Lux:smile!:
LUX
LUX

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down