The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes sprinter recall

3 posters

Go down

Mercedes sprinter recall Empty Mercedes sprinter recall

Post by gassygassy Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:31 am

Today I got a letter from Mercedes Benz saying the location of the heater blower fuse sounds as if it was designed by Sargent. No it didn't say that but apparently if you leave the blower running for a long time on full speed there is a danger of it overheating.
"...might not meet the requirements for permanent operation under the highest blower level."
"...This could lead to heat development in the area of the fuse mount. Consequently a fisk of fire during operation and a risk of injury cannot be ruled out."

So take it to a dealer of your choice and get it fixed, it will take about an hour. All the details you might need are in the letter but it doesn't say what years are affected of course. Mine is 2019, I think it might be the latest version of a face lift. It has heater controls which are chromed plastic up/down switches for temperature and fan speed, not rotary knobs.

Strangely I didn't get a recall letter from Autosleeper warning me about wardrobe fires:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Mercedes sprinter recall Empty Mercedes Recalls

Post by gemdeco Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 am

Hi
      I was speaking to my MB dealer a couple of days ago ,so I think mine has been done,however I have been trying to find out about the ECU problem with it getting wet due to windscreen condensation but getting nowhere
                      Regards
                             Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Mercedes sprinter recall Empty Re: Mercedes sprinter recall

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:53 am

"Mercedes-Benz vans Sprinter 907 910 (2018-2019 builds)
On affected vehicles the fuse layout of the interior blower might not meet the requirements for permanent operation under the highest blower level. Remedy: Replace the fuse and its supply line and relocate the fuse. Number affected: 44028. Manufacturer reference: SRV2305. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Mercedes sprinter recall Empty Re: Mercedes sprinter recall

Post by gassygassy Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 am

I had to smirk at "might not meet the requirements for permanent operation under the highest blower level."
Or in English, "It's faulty".

I hadn't heard about the ECU /condensation problem Alan. What is it? I have experienced considerably less condensation inside the windscreen after a night's sleep than in all the other Fiat/Ford models I have had. I would say that the Sprinter is the only one out of all the base vehicles that has an intelligent design for disposal of exterior windscreen water. Transits cleverly deposit windscreen water directly on to the engine ECU, which is even worse than Fiat who deposit it on to the engine.
Sounds as if we could do with a strip of moisture absorbent material inside the bottom of the windscreen. I guess this can be got from a builders merchant, or B&Q or Wickes.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down