The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Motorhomes even for parking

+13
davemarshall
Askit
IanH
orac
The Jacobite
quentinsf
gassygassy
Dave Gee
PLOUGHLIN
Eltel
burlingtonboaby
bikeralw
Pieface
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No Motorhomes even for parking - Page 2 Empty Re: No Motorhomes even for parking

Post by orac Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:48 pm

I gather, Roger Black, that the gist is you are welcome? Last time I used my French was with Claude Francois, so a good few years ago.
orac
orac

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

No Motorhomes even for parking - Page 2 Empty Re: No Motorhomes even for parking

Post by rogerblack Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:16 pm

orac wrote:I gather, Roger Black, that the gist is you are welcome? Last time I used my French was with Claude Francois, so a good few years ago.
Yes - basically it says you are welcome to stay between those hours if you follow the rules - respect the neighbours and don't create noise, leave no rubbish when you depart, don't drain on site, for that there's a motorhome aire you can use 300 metres away (behind the railway station).

We didn't stay there overnight, we'd just stopped for shopping but were interested to see the welcome. 

We've never had any problem with access, height barriers etc in any French supermarket car park however we did see one (Lidl?) which had height barriers covering part but a large section outwith that where motorhomes could park freely - this was furthest from the entrance so I'm guessing it was simply designed to give their regular local customers in their cars priority for the nearest parking.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris7 Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:27 am

The issue at Winterton on Sea is caused by past behaviour and travellers, especially since Norfolk has few facilities for travellers.

If the cafe owners allow any caravan or Motorhome in, then they must let them all in, it’s illegal to treat Gypsies / travellers differently to others, so to keep them out they have to refuse any such vehicles.

It being private property once they allow unwanted people access, it’s the land owners issue and to remove them would cost £1000,s 

Is it unfair on the likes of us? Possibly, but as a sea side business I think we would do the same.
Boris7
Boris7

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Dup
Vehicle Year : 2013

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:22 am

"attention aux nuisances sonores" - That must mean either 'be careful not to snore, it's a nuisance' or 'warning: snoring nuisances tend to stay here'.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:36 am

The Jacobite wrote:
I'd imagine if I had spoke to a manager and asked if it was okay to park where I was, in order to spend £50.00, he may not have been to quick to send me away. We can't get into our local Tesco in Maryhill due to height barriers. They don't bother at all when you park up at the side area before the covered area of the car park. Larger Tesco at St Rollox doesn't have any restrictions, so all good there too!

I would guess the restriction at Tesco Maryhill is because some parking is under cover? I would still be seeking an explanation from Morrisons,  even if I was only going in for a newspaper. It's hardly surprising that those who run, or are responsible for, carparks are wary of MH/campers given the well publicised behaviour of a few. Despite that, the least you deserve is an explanation of the security person's reasons for asking you to leave. A letter to the store manager (copied to head office) might do the trick. Incidentally our closest Morrisons, on the other side of Glasgow, regularly has MHs, large trucks and fire engines in the carpark.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jacobite Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:21 am

Askit wrote:

I would guess the restriction at Tesco Maryhill is because some parking is under cover? 
It is! They do have the height barriers restricting access to the outside car park. Probably wise, as people just drive across the parking bays to access the under cover area rather than use the road. So unless they put a dividing barrier, better safe than sorry!
The Jacobite
The Jacobite

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Pieface wrote:
Might be so but makes them miserable non inclusive * Inappropriate Word *. Hopefully their business will fail and someone more up with things will take it over
Having been in areas that have suffered serious social problems after the arrival of certain groups, causing crime, mess, social unrest and leaving it in a dangerously littered condition, I have more empathy than others seem to have. Even ‘normal’ motorhomers have in the past few years caused considerable problems with their entitled and selfish behaviour.

So I’m not sure your assessment of the car park owners is accurate or helpful and I certainly wouldn’t wish for anyone to lose their business.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2