The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP

3 posters

Go down

TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP Empty TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP

Post by Nigel Hewson Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:23 pm

I'm wanting to put a 19" TV on a bracket on the bulkhead board behind the passenger seat.  It's only about 14/15mm thick and so far don't know what it's made of; any ideas?  

I've bought a Mounting Dream Monitor/TV Wall Bracket Lockable for Camping (see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).  It says it fits on boards >12.7mm.

Unhelpfully it comes 25mm lag bolts that would go through the board and possibly interfere with "the management's" hair!

This has made me concerned about the strength of the board and any fixing so various options come to mind:

1  Put spacers and washers so the screws don't go through but concerned about it not being strong enough and the bracket not being flush against the wall and thereby creating additional pull on the fixing.

2  Get shorter lag bolts or similar screws.

3  Put a piece of wood behind the bulkhead for two of the screws to go into but could look ugly and a bit of a bodge.

4  Put bolts through the board for two of the four fixings and possibly a metal plate but could again look ugly.

5  Return the bracket and get something else or continue putting the TV up and down.

Any thoughts and/or experience would be most welcome.
Nigel Hewson
Nigel Hewson

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP Empty TV bracket

Post by Ready to go Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:43 am

Hi.  I have a 19 inch TV on a bracket.  The bracket was already fitted when I bough the vehicle.  You can see from the picture where it has been drilled and how it looks.  In practice, it is smooth and isn't an issue.
Hope this is of some help. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ready to go
Ready to go
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP Empty Re: TV Bracket for Broadway TP EK LP

Post by Nigel Hewson Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:01 am

Ready to go wrote:Hi.  I have a 19 inch TV on a bracket.  The bracket was already fitted when I bough the vehicle.  You can see from the picture where it has been drilled and how it looks.  In practice, it is smooth and isn't an issue.
Hope this is of some help. 
Thank you very much Ready To Go.  It looks as if it's held up just by two bolts and no reinforcement of the wood panel.  This helps give me confidence to give it a go.
Nigel Hewson
Nigel Hewson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianat42 Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:12 pm

Hi - as most of the force on the panel will be vertical (downwards) the option pictured will probably be ok. The issue is if the tv is extended out on the bracket as you drive when bouncing action will exert more horizontal force. For peace of mind I bought a 14mm piece of light oak from a well known diy store. Cut it down a bit so I had a 75mm wide strip. Sanded and dressed it and glued and screwed (from the tv side) to the panel. It matches almost perfectly and just spreads any force exerted by the weight.
Ianat42
Ianat42

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:03 pm

might help, bolted through the panel
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel Hewson Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:47 pm

Ended up covering a block of wood with some toning stretchy material and screwing into it to increase strength.  Just returned from a week away and it's held up fine.  So far so good.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nigel Hewson
Nigel Hewson

Male

Back to top Go down