The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo

+3
Molly3
Tigerbadge
Suejj
7 posters

Go down

Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo Empty Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo

Post by Suejj Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi Guys

We have just taken delivery of our new and first motorhome, Well its a steep learning curve but we have had a few days on the drive with it to learn what does what. However I have a 20 inch tv to install for the Satellite system and want to make sure i don't screw the bracket into the wrong place, so any photos of existing installs would really help me out. One other newby question , is it worth forking out for an awning tent sides and front etc or does the space it takes up not worth it ? We have pitch booked for the 4th just for our first trial out , so any other tips on the Nuevo EK gratefully received.  Thanks Ian
Suejj

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Auto sleeper nuevo e
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo Empty Re: Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo

Post by Tigerbadge Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Ian welcome to the forum, ours arial socket is on the wardrobe side so we mount ours on side wall, I think your new van has them above the fridge? So not to sure which is best for you.
We use a drive away awning which we store in toilet while travelling, personal choice really.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo Empty Re: Best place for tv bracket on 2020 Nuevo

Post by Molly3 Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Ourrs fits here and is easily removable , tried to post a photo but it won't work[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Molly3 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Suejj Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Molly3 wrote:Ourrs fits here  and is easily removable
do you have a photo
Suejj

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Suejj Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Tigerbadge wrote:Hi Ian welcome to the forum, ours arial socket is on the wardrobe side so we mount ours on side wall, I think your new van has them above the fridge? So not to sure which is best for you.
We use a drive away awning which we store in toilet while travelling, personal choice really.
So basically the bulkhead rather than the outer wall.... what screws did you use as its only laminated MFC?
Suejj

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:10 pm

Suejj wrote:
Tigerbadge wrote:Hi Ian welcome to the forum, ours arial socket is on the wardrobe side so we mount ours on side wall, I think your new van has them above the fridge? So not to sure which is best for you.
So basically the bulkhead rather than the outer wall.... what screws did you use as its only laminated MFC?
Yes to the bulkhead & used self tapping screw 10mm long I think.
Just looking on 2020 Nuevo review tv goes over by fridge side [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Suejj wrote:Hi Guys

We have just taken delivery of our new and first motorhome, Well its a steep learning curve but we have had a few days on the drive with it to learn what does what. However I have a 20 inch tv to install for the Satellite system and want to make sure i don't screw the bracket into the wrong place, so any photos of existing installs would really help me out. One other newby question , is it worth forking out for an awning tent sides and front etc or does the space it takes up not worth it ? We have pitch booked for the 4th just for our first trial out , so any other tips on the Nuevo EK gratefully received.  Thanks Ian

Sorry, don't have photos but I mounted ours on the side of the cabinet where the glasses are stored. It's about 10cm up from the small shelf above the nearside bench and about 3cm in (to the edges). Easiest thing is to measure your TV to ensure clearance at the curtain side, ours is a 21.5in and fits no problem. I did not trust the wood to hold a screw so I made a small aluminium plate to match and placed it inside the cabinet and used nuts and bolts to mount the bracket. It's as solid as a rock now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:19 pm

SueJJ / Ian: I've sent you a pm. 
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Suejj Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks Guys, will drill through the bulk head above fridge and use nylon threaded lock nuts i think with penny washers (as the say in Aliens, just to be sure)
Suejj

Female

Aldercow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suejj Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Askit wrote:
Suejj wrote:Hi Guys

Sorry, don't have photos but I mounted ours on the side of the cabinet where the glasses are stored. It's about 10cm up from the small shelf above the nearside bench and about 3cm in (to the edges). Easiest thing is to measure your TV to ensure clearance at the curtain side, ours is a 21.5in and fits no problem. I did not trust the wood to hold a screw so I made a small aluminium plate to match and placed it inside the cabinet and used nuts and bolts to mount the bracket. It's as solid as a rock now.
Cheers, good idea about the backing plate.
Ian
Suejj

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Can't do photos I'm afraid.  Our 2019 Nuevo has two pair of TV coax/12v sockets both on the near side - one by the microwave and the other by the bulkhead behind the passenger seat.  Our TV is only 16 inch and is relatively light as is the bracket.  The bracket fits comfortable and easily with self tapping screws on the bulkhead by the passenger seat facing into the centre of the van.  This allows the chef to see the TV, we tend to sit with our feet up facing the cab which is also how we use the twin beds.  We leave the TV in place all the time and it doesn't get in the way. 

Like you we have thought about a front and sides for our rollout awning but so far have resisted the temptation of getting them largely because of the space they will take up.  If we did get them they would probably go in the shower along with the camping chairs, water roll and windscreen cover.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Have mounted our on the side between fridge & microwave. Found the TV we had was a bit too big so brought a 16". As has been previously said, the cabinet is not really up to screws, so I fitted a backing plate of black plastic to spread the load. 
    Also waiting to use our van in anger to decide if we need awning sides.
Flash
Flash

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down