The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door

3 posters

Go down

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door Empty 2012 Cotswold Habitation Door

Post by David Behennah Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:21

Can someone please advise on what the gas strut fitted is meant to do? A visit to the factory recently with other another problem also replaced the original gas strut as this was faulty however I cannot see any improvement with the new one. The door has little or no wind resistance hence it will swing open and hit an open window (denting the door ).
Closing the door from inside is not easy unless one uses the door trim which is not advisable therefore you have to lean out or get out to reach the handle surely the gas strut should only open so far .
David Behennah
David Behennah

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door Empty Gas strut

Post by JanGlover Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 13:37

I've just been out and tried it on our Worcester and it certainly slows the movement of the door down. It is fairly gusty here today and i tried opening the door fairly vigorously. It stopped half way open, before it would have hit an open window, and I had to push it the rest of the way back to the van wall. It certainly resisted any rapid movement. broomstick I hope it would do the same in a gale but am not sure! I don't think yours is working properly! Sorry I can't give any more technical help!
Jan hulahoop-girl
JanGlover
JanGlover

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door Empty Re: 2012 Cotswold Habitation Door

Post by roli Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:43

Just tried ours and find as Jan has said (but in fairness its not windy here)

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door Empty Cotswold Habitation Door gas strut

Post by David Behennah Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 18:32

JanGlover wrote:I've just been out and tried it on our Worcester and it certainly slows the movement of the door down. It is fairly gusty here today and i tried opening the door fairly vigorously. It stopped half way open, before it would have hit an open window, and I had to push it the rest of the way back to the van wall. It certainly resisted any rapid movement. broomstick I hope it would do the same in a gale but am not sure! I don't think yours is working properly! Sorry I can't give any more technical help!
Jan hulahoop-girl

Hi Jan, thanks for info I have tried same test on our Cotswold and the door swings freely on the hinge, there is no resistance from gas strut.
Many thanks for your help I am sure now that even with a new replacement our gas strut is not working and a visit to the dealer is needed.
Regards David
David Behennah
David Behennah

Male

Back to top Go down

2012 Cotswold Habitation Door Empty Re: 2012 Cotswold Habitation Door

Post by David Behennah Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 18:36

roli wrote:Just tried ours and find as Jan has said (but in fairness its not windy here)

Hi thanks for your info together with Jan's input, I am sure our gas strut (new replacement ))like the original does not work so I am returning to the dealer. Regards David
David Behennah
David Behennah

Male

Back to top Go down