The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HABITATION DOOR

5 posters

Go down

HABITATION DOOR Empty HABITATION DOOR

Post by tikiti Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:51 am

I have a 2011 Auto Sleeper model Worcester. Having problems with the habitation  lock freezing up. Now it wont work on the inside nor the outside.  I am told the door itself may be a Hartel but on the glass window there is a Dometic sign. Has anyone else had a similar issue and can anyone confirm what make the door might be and any tricks to mend the lock,
Cheers
Jean
tikiti
tikiti

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : WORCESTER.

Back to top Go down

HABITATION DOOR Empty Re: HABITATION DOOR

Post by gemdeco Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:42 am

Hi 
    We have a 2010 Gloucester which has a similar body, It has a Dometic door we have found spares for the door to be impossible to get Dometic are very difficult to deal with , Best of Luck
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:13 am

If it is the same as our 2012 Worcester and you can get the door open, carefully remove the handles and gently prise off the trim panels, they are on push in plastic clips and you will see the door mechanism inside. I am afraid I do not have a picture but the whole thing is only made of plastic and within it there is a spigot on which part of the lock rotates. There is nothing to stop this part falling off the spigot so if course it does!
The trick for us was to locate it and as recommended by Marquis put some glue on the end of the spigot then it can't fall off again. It is not an uncommon fault so that may be it.

Sorry that may not be very clear but basically I am saying if you carefully expose the lock you should be able to see what is wrong with it, not the greatest piece of engineering.

Alternatively if you would like me to do it for you just send a first class ( business class will do) ticket to NZ and I am happy to help or get Al to pop round on his next trip!! Good luck wave
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:18 am

It is probably a Seitz CaraD door. This PDF has exploded drawings of the door and ancillaries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tikiti Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:57 am

To those that sent in tips about my broken/seized up habitation door - many thanks. I now know it is a Dometic and have contacted Dometic Auckland. They may have a lock. Fingers crossed.
Jean
tikiti
tikiti

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : WORCESTER.

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:50 am

tikiti wrote:To those that sent in tips about my broken/seized up habitation door - many thanks. I now know it is a Dometic and have contacted Dometic Auckland. They may have a lock. Fingers crossed.
Jean
Could just be the springs on the lock mechanism,have a look on the blow up diagram on the Cara D door
From memory the spring ends brake leaving the opening rods inoperative. scratch head  If that makes any sense.
Lots of members have had problems over the years with the doors, including me.    shrugg
Have a nice day down there.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down