The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper

3 posters

Go down

Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper  Empty Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Hello all , just a heads-up to those who have a recently bought Mercedes based vehicle. Vehicle gave me a notification that service A was due shortly; when I phoned a local Mercedes dealership to book my vehicle in for said service was told it hadn’t been registered. ??? What do you mean ? I’ve had it nearly a year ,said I. The dealer then explained that the chassis had been delivered to AS who then built the model (. Burford Duo) . When this was built it should have been “logged in” to Mercedes to set up service schedule etc . This did not effect it getting a V5 , tax etc but wasn’t recognised on their system for servicing /breakdown cover etc .
Hopefully this doesn’t concern others but its worth checking with your Mercedes service centre (and not the dealer you bought it from ) to check it’s been done .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper  Empty Re: Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper

Post by v8oholic Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:05 pm

The dealer should have notified Mercedes about that as part of the first registration process. That’s how it works with Peugeot anyway, I think its probably going to be the same.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Rdb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper  Empty Re: Non registration of Mercedes Auto Sleeper

Post by breakaleg Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:19 am

My Nuevo was registered at fiat as being built and registered in 1975.?
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by peterdavison Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:56 pm

I had the same problem with my 1year old Nuevo Anniversary ES. When I took it to a Fiat agent they discovered it had never been registered. Luckily they were happy to do it for me.
peterdavison
peterdavison

Male

Auto-Sleeper : lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down