The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habitation Door

4 posters

Go down

Habitation Door Empty Habitation Door

Post by T2 Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm

Hi all,

First post on this great forum so starting by introducing myself.  We are based in Cambridgeshire and have been enjoying our 2016 Broadway FB since buying it in 2017. We are foremost a sailing couple but are gradually moving over to using the motorhome more and more. 

Just back from a great trip to the France (Loire region) and had a problem one afternoon that I would be interested to hear if others have also had.  We had parked up on a site and, as usual, had positioned the motorhome to get the most of the midday onwards sun which was out but not particularly hot. Later in the afternoon we found we couldn’t close the habitation door which had been open for a few hours.  We fiddled around with it for a bit but couldn’t see any obvious reason why it wouldn’t close. So we sat down with a glass or two of the lovely wine from the region and had a think! By that time it was getting a bit cooler and lo and behold it wasn’t too long before we could close the door.  So the conclusion was that door itself and or the frame around it had expanded in the heat and so temporarily couldn’t be closed.  

We have not had this problem before and have parked up in some reasonably warm places, albeit never mega hot.  I suppose if it happens again and we can’t wait for it to cool down we just pour some water on the offending area.  

Is this a common problem?

David
T2
T2

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Habitation Door Empty Re: Habitation Door

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:35 pm

The door on my Gloucester (Seitz CaraD-Rplus) does the same in full sun. The bottom catch hits the frame. I can usually push the end of the catch as I close to allow it to shut.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:55 pm

My Corinium door seems to bow outwards at the top under similar conditions. When closing via the door handle the top catch goes not fully engage, I have to give another little push higher up the door.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamF Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:08 pm

Exactly the same as yours Peter. 

It’s what is known as a design fault!

Regards Graham