The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habitation Door

2 posters

Go down

Habitation Door Empty Habitation Door

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 am

Hi   The bottom Lug on the habitation door on my Cotswold is not engaging and feels loose Can anybody tell me how to remove the bottom door panel so I can see what the problem is likely to be

Last edited by Tugg on Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Habitation Door Empty Re: Habitation Door

Post by Askit Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:12 pm

Tugg, if it's Hartal door can I suggest you search under that as there have been a number of threads posted in the past in relation to the lower lock spring failing. I apologise if it's not a Hartal door (but the issue sounds familiar).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:02 pm

This is what happened to us last year, among others. Might be something useful there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi   Thanks everybody for advice    I have managed to remove lower door panel and found that the spring was broken  Managed to have sourced replacement from local supplier  Everything now working fine  Cheers Tugg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Tugg wrote:Hi   Thanks everybody for advice    I have managed to remove lower door panel and found that the spring was broken  Managed to have sourced replacement from local supplier  Everything now working fine  Cheers Tugg

Glad to hear all is sorted. Your local spring supplier deserves to be more widely known. We carry a couple of spares, wrestled from AS, but reckon all owners of this model Hartal door should also carry a spare.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down