The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAMC new booking system

+5
Askit
Paulmold
BobK
Tinwheeler
PLOUGHLIN
9 posters

Go down

CAMC new booking system  Empty CAMC new booking system

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:17 pm

CAMC new booking system goes live on 15th August. Many "improvements" apparently, One long needed one is 20% (min £25) deposit to be paid at time of booking, refundable if cancel or amend booking more than 21 days before arrival date. Should minimise those "speculative " bookings , every weekend through the season, will, might go if the weather is nice.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

CAMC new booking system  Empty Re: CAMC new booking system

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:31 pm

I’ll give it a few months for them to iron out the wrinkles in the system before deciding if they are improvements. winks
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:24 am

Not sure about their booking system but was in Edinburgh (Silverknowes) recently and they have changed there locating markers on pitch.    Instead of the confusing " you must park with your n'side/offside, front/rear to a peg (I've probably got that wrong) they now place two pegs about eight feet apart in the middle of the pitch and you can park between them, nose in or nose out.   Simples! content
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:35 am

The two peg system is being implemented at all sites now following trials.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:12 am

I think some people were having difficulty understanding corner to the peg  hugegrins

It wasn't helped by all the diagrams and models showing units reversed in when pitching nose in was also allowed.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Wonder if it will stop those jokers who park then move the peg to suit 🤔 Yes, I spotted a couple of folk doing that in the past.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:07 pm

Askit wrote:Wonder if it will stop those jokers who park then move the peg to suit 🤔 Yes, I spotted a couple of folk doing that in the past.

On most sites recently visited the wardens have added a painted marker on the ground, shows if the peg is moved.

Donator
Donator

Male

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:52 pm

It’s unconfirmed as yet but it looks as if the new booking system may be further delayed……rolleyes
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angleseygirl Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Tried to book a few sites for next June and July but all show as comp,Evelyn full. Have they closed it all in anticipation of the new system?
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Angleseygirl wrote:Tried to book a few sites for next June and July but all show as comp,Evelyn full. Have they closed it all in anticipation of the new system?

I believe the June 2023 and on booking is held pending the start of the new system.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:04 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:CAMC new booking system goes live on 15th August. Many "improvements" apparently, One long needed one is 20% (min £25) deposit to be paid at time of booking, refundable if cancel or amend booking more than 21 days before arrival date. Should minimise those "speculative " bookings , every weekend through the season, will, might go if the weather is nice.
Not before time. Their current system is dreadful. Recently my wife booked a pitch on one of their sites, wanting hardstanding. When we turned up the woman in reception said, 'you've booked a grass pitch.' When questioned she said 'you haven't booked for a van with an awning.'  At this point the conversation became rather surreal: is it essential to have an awning to use one of their hardstanding pitches? 'No', she answered. We pointed out  that there was no way on their booking system to specify whether we wanted grass or hardstanding. At which point she said on this site an awning booking meant you wanted hardstanding (although that wasn't mentioned on the web page). We said we would be happy to pay the difference to 'upgrade' to hardstanding, to which she said 'they're both the same price.' In the end she changed the booking on her computer and was satisfied. What an utterly bonkers arrangement!
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm

This is all a sledge hammer to crack a nut, only cancelled my booking once and that was an amendment from north Norfolk to Brighton due to the weather, it is sad that minority of people abuse the system which causes problems for the majority but "sigh" that is the mentality of the UK.
Just booked Moreton for my annual birthday bash in October followed by Broadway for a couple of days, hopefully to have a train ride and with no deposit to pay, deposits can be abused as I have found to my cost in the past.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

frederic and Ann&AndyB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann&AndyB Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:30 pm

AndyRoyd wrote:This is all a sledge hammer to crack a nut, only cancelled my booking once and that was an amendment from north Norfolk to Brighton due to the weather, it is sad that minority of people abuse the system which causes problems for the majority but "sigh" that is the mentality of the UK.
Just booked Moreton for my annual birthday bash in October followed by Broadway for a couple of days, hopefully to have a train ride and with no deposit to pay, deposits can be abused as I have found to my cost in the past.
I agree.  Have had to cancel twice this year, once because of Covid and the second because of a funeral.  We tend to book at quite short notice anyway.
We have never found the lack of available pitches at weekend to be a problem, in fact we booked last Saturday and Sunday at Kendal only the day before.
Yesterday I looked at late availability for Lakes, Yorkshire and Peak District and 23 sites had both Weekend dates free. Granted the school holidays can be difficult but most of the year we have been able to get our first or second choice.
Ann&AndyB
Ann&AndyB

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Air
Vehicle Year : 2022

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down