The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booking C&CC Sites

+9
Tinwheeler
Barry the Bishop
brains
Mike187
Askit
Slow-Lane
RogerThat
Paulmold
Bobskate
13 posters

Go down

Booking C&CC Sites Empty Booking C&CC Sites

Post by Bobskate Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:23 pm

Am I alone in being frustrated with the clunky C&CC website booking system. I’d better not be too specific as I might get identified and drummed out the Brownies but  I wanted to book a site in mid October. I put all the details in the booking section only to be told nothing matches my requirements try changing dates etc. I did a bit of tweaking which required me to re enter various details of unit, numbers etc but to no avail. The irritating  part is you can never see what is available, only that it’s not. (I’m using an iPad maybe it's better on a PC?) The CMC have a calendar which shows various pitch options and availability. As an aside I raised this a few years ago at the club stand at one of the Birmingham shows….I’m sure they want customer feed back as it were.

Having said all that I phoned the site direct. They could not have been more helpful. I could hear a bit of discussion in the background with colleagues about switching some pitches and bingo I’m booked in. Mild rant over…don’t get me on panic buying of fuel and roads being blocked by queues though. Oh and while I think of it a positive with the booking….the first question I was asked was if I was a member which obviously got me an inside stack but then I don’t want to start yet another thread.😀
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Barry the Bishop likes this post

Back to top Go down

Booking C&CC Sites Empty Re: Booking C&CC Sites

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:48 pm

It's a useless website. If you're age concession you have to add that then it recalculates price before you'd had chance to delete the 2 adults that it starts with and then it recalculates again. 
Often the unavailability is because you haven't booked the required minimum number of nights, two night minimum at weekends, three at Bank Holidays, three or even five minimum at popular sites in high season. Unfortunately it often fails to tell you why you can't find availability.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Barry the Bishop and mcalid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:50 pm

I find it more annoying that people can book 101 club site pitches a year in advance then cancel five minutes before the due date with no penalty.

Not the exact numbers but you catch my drift.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 pm

Not with C&CC , you have to pay £25 deposit for each individual  booking. You can't cancel less than 14 days before arrival date without losing deposit.
You may be confusing with CAMC but even they require 72 hours notice of cancellation and if you cancel with less notice twice you get all advance bookings cancelled.
That's about to change though I'm led to believe, deposits will be required plus other new rules, all to be revealed in the next CAMC magazine.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:01 pm

I agree, it's a horrible site to use. Although it's not perfect, the Pitchup website is a million times easier to use. 
https://www.pitchup.com/
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:04 pm

I do get your drift Roger but you are referring to the C&MC where you can book lots of sites in advance but there is a mechanism for blocking you if you cancel too many. A couple of years ago I got a very strong message because I cancelled at the last minute because of the weather…rain of biblical proportions. With the C&CC you have to stump up a deposit which you lose if cancel too near the date. There is a sort of sliding scale which is too complicated for me…a bear of little brain. 😀
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:11 pm

Paulmold wrote:That's about to change though I'm led to believe, deposits will be required plus other new rules, all to be revealed in the next CAMC magazine.
Didn’t know that Paul. You are a mine of information..
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Barry the Bishop likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Bobskate wrote:
Paulmold wrote:That's about to change though I'm led to believe, deposits will be required plus other new rules, all to be revealed in the next CAMC magazine.
Recently revealed by a disgruntled warden on MotorhomeFun.  Maybe true, maybe not, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit - magazine just arrived minutes after posting above, can't see anything about it. I would think that such a big change in policy would need to be voted on at AGM.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:41 pm

I had the old (and better?) version of the app on my tablet but found it impossible to get info about a CS site on the app and had a similar issue finding information about the club discount scheme. I emailed the club and got a phone call back from a very pleasant individual who offered to help. In our conversation it was clear that they were able to do things on the system that I couldn't. I deleted the old app an installed the newer siteseeker app and.......it's just as difficult to navigate as the old one.

I have found though, if you use the late availability section without entering dates, it will let you access the booking calender and thus see what dates a site is full.  Having said that, it's still difficult to navigate and the search function must be the worst on the planet.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:09 pm

Askit wrote:Having said that, it's still difficult to navigate and the search function must be the worst on the planet.
Tony, I’m in no way an IT expert, far from it, but I suspect the problem is to that to bring it up to a more user friendly standard would cost lots of £££. I’d be interested to hear what others here think.  There are lots of tekkies on this forum.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:20 pm

What bugs me is you don’t know how much it will cost until you filled in the booking form or get any sort of breakdown of the price. Also some sites have a mid week discount but unless you look elsewhere for the code on the site first you have no idea and you will not get it.

If I remember correctly they had a calendar on their site when booking that showed availability (not as good as CAMC) I’m probably going back to the early 2000s.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:33 pm

Bobskate wrote:
Askit wrote:Having said that, it's still difficult to navigate and the search function must be the worst on the planet.
Tony, I’m in no way an IT expert, far from it, but I suspect the problem is to that to bring it up to a more user friendly standard would cost lots of £££. I’d be interested to hear what others here think.  There are lots of tekkies on this forum.

Yes but, they have obviously spent money on the site because the search function has changed to allow offline access and there are now three separate apps, siteseeker, magazine and out and about. Amongst the many things that bug me about the site is having to put the same information about our vehicle in time after time. Surely it would be simple to link the info to a personal log in?

Donator
Donator

Male

Mike187 and Slow-Lane like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 am

Askit wrote:
Amongst the many things that bug me about the site is having to put the same information about our vehicle in time after time. Surely it would be simple to link the info to a personal log in?
I agree….That info is available on line but not to mere mortals. When I was speaking to the site they knew all my details.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:12 am

They need to invest some of the many £1000s of subscription fees in a decent IT team. Designing booking systems is hardly rocket science, and I speak as an ex-developer, but In Fact the whole website is very poorly designed. So many omissions, it makes the C&MC site look a paragon of excellence, and I’ve complained about that when I was a member.
A simple example - to see details of a CS you must be logged in, and yet the first screen you see is full of template text explaining what a CS actually is, requiring scrolling down to see anything meaningful. The booking system is beyond a joke.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2021

rogerblack and Bobskate like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:23 am

I now realise that, before adding a post here, it would have been helpful to list the things that annoy me about the C&CC site. Another thing that 's a pain in the bahookie is the, "join now", or "reasons to join" or "benefits of membership for only £xx" on every page, even when you are logged in as a member. Grrrr  hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry the Bishop Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:25 pm

I too was frustrated with the c&cc booking system. I have given up and left them. I now use CAMC and pitchup both easy to use.
Barry the Bishop
Barry the Bishop

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Paulmold wrote:
Bobskate wrote:
Recently revealed by a disgruntled warden on MotorhomeFun.  Maybe true, maybe not, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit - magazine just arrived minutes after posting above, can't see anything about it. I would think that such a big change in policy would need to be voted on at AGM.

Just seen the first mention of possible change to CAMC booking procedures in the latest magazine that's just been delivered.  
I quote "we're reviewing how to make the booking system a simpler experience for all to help ease the availability issues that some of you may have experienced recently.  This includes reviewing the need for deposits and improving campsite choice and value".

I've noticed when making a booking that the words "no deposit is required at this moment" appear at confirmation.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:59 am

It was announced at the AGM, apparently, that deposits and the ability to book by pitch surface type will come into force in the later part of next year. No other details were given.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:26 am

Tinwheeler wrote:It was announced at the AGM, apparently, that deposits and the ability to book by pitch surface type will come into force in the later part of next year. No other details were given.

Not before time. Might discourage these people who book dozens of weekends months in advance and then don't use them (because the weather is not right or other spurious reason).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

rgermain and Askit like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:51 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Not before time. Might discourage these people who book dozens of weekends months in advance and then don't use them (because the weather is not right or other spurious reason).
I totally agree Peter!!

We tried to plan a get-away from our house refurbishment project at short notice in September and most sites (Chatsworth Park for example) we wanted to stay at showed full a week before hand! 

So we took a punt and went anyway - guess what - on the day we arrived there were plenty of pitches available at all of the sites in question.

It's a nonsense to allow people to block book (FOC) a year in advance on the off chance that they might wish to use that particular site without any financial commitment.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

PLOUGHLIN and SENTINEL like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:51 pm

I have also just seen the item in the CAMC Mag which has just arrived. It’s good to see them actively reviewing to improve the system. Let’s see what comes out of it. Despite it’s shortcomings it’s still vastly more user friendly than the C&CC system.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:22 am

I was cross to see how strongly they were recommending that folk should buy a complete package from CAMC if they want to go across the water. Far too much risk in not having ATOL protection .....!  scratch head. Or is it just that they want the commission?

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

HJA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Booking C&CC Sites Empty Booking Club Sites.

Post by Teme.clifton Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:24 am

Why do Motorhomers bother !!  there's an abundance of sites amid touring areas, surely Motorhoming is about "touring" well it was when I started.  Agree some sites should be closed down by the

local Council.  Some proprietors must think we are  s..,. unimportant, but still expect  a disgusting amount to park !! .  Keep moving, move on.
Teme.clifton
Teme.clifton

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11 sold 2019
Vehicle Year : 2012 (s

Back to top Go down