The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error message

2 posters

Go down

Error message Empty Error message

Post by sueb Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:11 pm

My Bourton control panel has this message’PSU over temp cooling down’. This happened when we were away last week….we managed 5 nights without facilities, on a lovely national trust site with hot showers, shop etc…..it was a bit like having a very comfortable tent, using head torches again.At least the gas was working and the site had frozen blocks to cool the fridge.
I have been studying the manual……..The error message keeps returning….I have had everything connected at home this morning and sure enough the horrid noise is back for I don’t know how long.
Questions……could the power control system be totally useless…….is there a replaceable cooling fan……should I be able to bear a fan when it’s cooling( I can’t)…..There is nothing in the wardrobe so ventilation is the max I can do…….would having clothes in the wardrobe affect the temp….it never has before…….sigh…I have made an appointment with the dealer, but was hoping to try to inform myself asking you wise guys before I try to have a sensible conversation with them.Finally did I cause this…I plugged fridge on overnight before travelling, and didn’t realise the heater fan was running on number one ……..steep learning curves!
Cheers everyone, any comments appreciated!
sueb
sueb

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Error message Empty Re: Error message

Post by Roopert Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:03 pm

What model of power control system do you have (check the front of the big control box if you're unsure)? Does the error message come up after a while, or always as soon as it is turned on?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by sueb Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:10 pm

It’s a Sargent EC325 PCS…….after a while, not immediately
sueb
sueb

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Unfortunately I'm fairly sure that I've heard of this fault before on the EC325. @Peter Brown would be more familiar with the model, as he had one which had to be replaced as faulty.

I'm fairly sure that the EC325 does not have an internal fan, and relies just on convection for cooling - so clothing, etc must not be put on top of them - but that's not your problem if the cupboard is empty!

Even if what you did with the heater did cause it to overheat, that should not have caused a permanent issue.

From memory, the faulty temp sensor is built onto one of the internal circuit boards. If it goes back to Sargent, they will ~probably~ replace it with an EC328 which, overall, is probably a better unit (it causes less stress on the leisure battery than the EC325).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sueb Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Thanks for your help…..good to try to get my head round the problem…….let’s see what the dealer says…….expect to have to dig deep, and same week as insurance due!Btw it does mention fan cooling in the manual!
Cheers
sueb
sueb

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:22 pm

sueb wrote:Btw it does mention fan cooling in the manual!

Ah, Ok - I was going by the EC328, which is very similar in internal layout but does not have a fan. Hopefully Peter Brown will be able to confirm. This is the inside of an EC328 (slightly modified) for comparison:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down