The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message

4 posters

Go down

Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message Empty Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message

Post by LDPD Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Opened the Mercedes Pro app and got an advisory message saying that Mercedes Pro will be deactivated on 01/11/2021 and to contact your administrator (me?) For further information. Anyone have any more information on what is happening?  Should I be switching to Mercedes Me?

Anyone aware of this change and implications?

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message Empty Re: Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message

Post by Toffee Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:59 pm

If Mercedes pro is an online connection then it’s simply expiring unless you pay the annual subscription perhaps?
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:50 pm

Toffee wrote:If Mercedes pro is an online connection then it’s simply expiring unless you pay the annual subscription perhaps?

From Mercedes Pro Q&A.

" Which costs are invoiced in line with the use of Mercedes PRO?

Mercedes PRO is free-of-charge. Only certain products are subject to a fee. These are billed either individually or as a bundle following on from a defined period. An overview of the prices for individual products and validity periods can be found in the dashboard in the "Products" section."from fir registration?st

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sounds like some "product" are only free for say 2 years from first registration?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:30 pm

LDPD wrote:Opened the Mercedes Pro app and got an advisory message saying that Mercedes Pro will be deactivated on 01/11/2021 and to contact your administrator (me?) For further information. Anyone have any more information on what is happening?  Should I be switching to Mercedes Me?

Anyone aware of this change and implications?

I already knew it wasn't anything to do with subscriptions as they weren't asking for money - the timing didn't relate readily to build dates etc either ...

Today I got a more detailed message from the web interface for Pro

"On 1.11.2021 Mercedes PRO will be switched off. If your company wants to continue using our digital services, you can transfer your company account to Mercedes me. As a fleet manager or buyer, please contact the relevant contact/administrator within your organisation for further information."

Further digging gave the following from a FAQ

"Why is the Mercedes PRO brand being discontinued and the customers assimilated into Mercedes me?
At Mercedes-Benz, we continually review our portfolio of connectivity solutions, digital services and products. As our customers own Mercedes-Benz vehicles for both private and professional use, we have decided to pool all digital services under the Mercedes me brand. This applies to all our customers, passenger cars and vans, private and business."

Pretty specific - so Mercedes Pro is to be no more. Have started the migration process for my account to Mercedes me.

Last edited by LDPD on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More clarification)

Donator
Donator

Male

gemdeco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Deactivation Message Empty Migration Mercedes Pro to Me completed

Post by LDPD Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:06 pm

Pretty specific - so Mercedes Pro is to be no more. Have started the migration process for my account to Mercedes me.

Update

The migration of my Pro account to Me was completed earlier today with some excellent support from the Mercedes support desk.

Using the Mercedes Me app I can see where my vehicle is, if it's locked and windows closed plus things like the trip meters, fuel level and status of washer level,  brakes, battery, ad blue and when next service is due. I find it reassuringly useful.

Donator
Donator

Male

gemdeco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi LDPD
       You are lucky my migration from Mercedes Pro to Mercedes Me has failed badly and  despite several phone calls still has not been resolved any tips
     Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:52 pm

gemdeco wrote:Hi LDPD
       You are lucky my migration from Mercedes Pro to Mercedes Me has failed badly and  despite several phone calls still has not been resolved any tips
     Alan
You don't say what you mean by badly.
I just followed the instructions to the letter and after waiting longer than the mentioned 72hours for the migration to complete called Mercedes Support who checked and sorted it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 am

Hi
       Mine has not worked at all, no migration or anything, I have rung Mercedes support several times but they have not been a lot of help, just saying it needs to be verified, I am going to contact my local Mercedes dealer again to see if they can help.
 thanks 
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:20 am

gemdeco wrote:Hi
       Mine has not worked at all, no migration or anything, I have rung Mercedes support several times but they have not been a lot of help, just saying it needs to be verified, I am going to contact my local Mercedes dealer again to see if they can help.
 thanks 
Alan

If it requires verification this suggests (to me anyway) that the link between the vehicle and you had not been previously established?

My migration didn't require any such verification which was originally done when Pro was set up.

Good luck with your local dealer!

Last edited by LDPD on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra clarification)

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down