The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat belt and airbag light coming on

+2
inspiredron
Plymouthwelshboy
6 posters

Go down

Seat belt and airbag light coming on Empty Seat belt and airbag light coming on

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Wed May 04, 2022 11:12 pm

We have a Broadway EB 3019 model which we bought preregistered in late 2020. Today whilst touring in Sussex the airbag and seatbelt light came on and has stayed on. 
Any ideas on how we might fix this or is a RAC job? TIA
Steve
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Seat belt and airbag light coming on Empty Re: Seat belt and airbag light coming on

Post by inspiredron Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 am

As it is seat belt and airbag it is possible that a connection has come loose under one of the front seats.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Seat belt and airbag light coming on Empty Re: Seat belt and airbag light coming on

Post by Dbvwt Thu May 05, 2022 8:39 am

inspiredron wrote:As it is seat belt and airbag it is possible that a connection has come loose under one of the front seats.

That was my thought also. I recently took the passenger seat out in my car and had the same come up as I had to disconnect the wires.
Unfortunately the dashboard light didn’t just go away when everything was reconnected. Fortunately I’ve got an OBD2 scanner and was able to simply reset the warning.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Thu May 05, 2022 10:09 am

I can't find a loose connectiin but I know a man with a scanner. Thanks. Will try this first
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu May 05, 2022 5:32 pm

Plymouthwelshboy wrote:I can't find a loose connectiin but I know a man with a scanner. Thanks. Will try this first
Is your van still under warranty ?, the same warning light came on in our Warwick yesterday morning .
Fortunately our local Puggie garage took the van in for a diagnostic test (£120) and diagnosed a faulty seat beat/ airbag sensor.
No parts in stock!only 2 in Donnie, so back in tomorrow to replace unit, didn’t  fancy driving about with a faulty sensor .
Vans worth £38k+ so another £420 gives me piece of mind up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 pm

The van has a three year warranty so yes...I just need to hassle Peugeot 🤔🙄
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri May 06, 2022 6:45 pm

Nearly involved in a head collision this morning, stupid young male driver overtaking a car then an artic lorry straight towards me .
I braked ,caught the grass verge and drainage ditch,fortunately the truck driver braked to let the car pull in front of him.
Unfortunately our dash cam was sent spinning of the wind screen.
The techie guy at Peugeot said it’s just as well you didn’t have a smash as your air bags wouldn’t have deployed.
Air bag sensor replaced, happy bunny now.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Fri May 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Booked in to Peugeot garage will look to see if warranty job if not labour is £138 per hour 😱
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat May 21, 2022 2:11 pm

Plymouthwelshboy wrote:Booked in to Peugeot garage will look to see if warranty job if not labour is £138 per hour 😱
Well worth getting it sorted , PWB.  up!  After years of HGV driving , that’s the closest I came to a head on.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Sat May 21, 2022 6:54 pm

Will do although if Peugeot refuse to do it under warranty I'll be very annoyed as we haven't done anything to cause it 🤬
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun May 22, 2022 7:11 am

Plymouthwelshboy wrote:Will do although if Peugeot refuse to do it under warranty I'll be very annoyed as we haven't done anything to cause it 🤬
If you or a 3rd party haven't done anything to cause it, it will be covered under Peugeot's 3 year warranty.  The vehicle will fail its MOT at the 3 year point if it is not corrected.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun May 22, 2022 7:32 am

Plymouthwelshboy wrote:I can't find a loose connectiin but I know a man with a scanner. Thanks. Will try this first
This could invalidate your Peugeot warranty.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Sun May 22, 2022 8:12 am

RAC. So it shouldn't ....I have the error codes. He just plugged in the computer to check.  Peugeot would have a hard time arguing against that with fairness. It's booked in with them and we'll see what they say but I can't see how it couldn't be a warranty issue given it is s known failure issue
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun May 22, 2022 8:51 am

Going back to your OP, I don't think this is a RAC breakdown matter.  As the vehicle is under warranty, it is a Peugeot matter which they should resolve FOC.  The danger of involving the RAC or any other 'man with a scanner' is that they inadvertently change something which Peugeot could (not will) say is the cause of the problem.  If the vehicle was not under warranty, it would be a different matter.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun May 22, 2022 9:51 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Peugeot's breakdown assistance use the RAC?  Fiat's certainly does.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun May 22, 2022 10:17 am

Tinwheeler wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Peugeot's breakdown assistance use the RAC?  Fiat's certainly does.
Good question.  Don't know.  I have never used them.

If a vehicle isn't broken down I doubt they would come out and if they did for just a warning light they could even make a charge.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down