The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red button to switch off water to boiler

5 posters

Go down

Red button to switch off water to boiler Empty Red button to switch off water to boiler

Post by Ellie-mae Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:36 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone 
Has anyone ever had the red button under the double seat in the cabin trip out? Prepped the van for a trip a couple of weeks ago…first trip this year so had to go through the de-wintering procedure, including lifting seat, turning blue switch and pressing red button. To cut a long story short, that evening, no water.
Just prepping van again. At first all seemed well, no leak underneath until I pressed power and pump button on panel beside hab check door to check water was flowing in taps. Water started gushing out from underneath van.
Checked underneath seat. The red button was out.
Have never had this happen before in 5 years. Normally I just turn the blue switch pre winter/freezing and the red button clicks out and then reverse the procedure (i.e. red button pressed in) when filling the van with water.
Just wondering if this is a fluke or could be a potential problem?
Appreciate any comments 
🙏
Ellie-mae
Ellie-mae

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Red button to switch off water to boiler Empty Re: Red button to switch off water to boiler

Post by Roopert Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:00 pm

[Edit - removed. I'm probably thinking of the wrong hot water system type!].

Last edited by Roopert on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Red button to switch off water to boiler Empty Re: Red button to switch off water to boiler

Post by Cymro Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:01 pm

No experience of that in the 7 years I've owned the NuevoES, so I'm very interested in the forthcoming answers.....

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie-mae Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:37 pm

Cymro wrote:No experience of that in the 7 years I've owned the NuevoES, so I'm very interested in the forthcoming answers.....

Cymro
Hello Cymro…thnx for answering. Do you get the procedure that I’m talking about. Don’t know if I explained myself properly. The red button under the seat is all to do with draining/filling the boiler. My point is that I normally just turn it on at the beginning of the season, fill with water and then forget about it. It’s never popped out before. Maybe it’s something that should be checked before every trip. Wondering if that is something that most people do as the norm? If so I’ll just have to add it to my check list!
Ellie-mae
Ellie-mae

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:17 pm

Could be you were just unlucky and unit did not fully engage.   You could try pushing button in and operating release nob a few times
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie-mae Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:36 pm

Hi Gef…yes that’s what I’m hoping. Just wondering if there’s anything I’ve been doing wrong over the past 5 years!
Ellie-mae
Ellie-mae

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:55 pm

If the button is out, cold weather has tripped the thermo switch. Press it in and check again.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Ellie-mae likes this post

Back to top Go down