The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma combi boiler spitting water

3 posters

Go down

Truma combi boiler spitting water Empty Truma combi boiler spitting water

Post by minos1427 Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 am

My truma combi boiler in my 2018 Broadway FB keeps spitting out small squirts of water out of the overflow vent. When it happens the water pump briefly engages. Only lasts for 1 - 2 seconds at a time, but on a regular basis throughout the day / night when the boiler/heater is running. Is this normal?
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Truma combi boiler spitting water Empty Re: Truma combi boiler spitting water

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:28 am

Not had that problem,YET, however the Truma techie team down in Derby might be worth a call.
01283587960.    technical@trumauk.com.      
Hope this helps.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by jwells Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:11 pm

minos1427 wrote:My truma combi boiler in my 2018 Broadway FB keeps spitting out small squirts of water out of the overflow vent. When it happens the water pump briefly engages. Only lasts for 1 - 2 seconds at a time, but on a regular basis throughout the day / night when the boiler/heater is running. Is this normal?
What was the outcome of this problem?
I am at present in the middle of this problem, so far I have replaced the the vent relief valve with a new one, BUT here is the problem I now have:-
The replacement item truma Art-Nr.: 34151-03 has been redesigned. The original red plastic design was push fit pipes, with vent pipe just pushed over, a 10 minute job to replace no problems! However the new white plastic fitting now has a compression type connection to the tank hot water outlet pipe, and a push fit to the semi rigid pipe. The compression fitting consists of a red nut, a grey split collar/distance piece, and an 'o' ring seal. The design only allows the pipe to pass through the compression seal by a couple of mm, and does not allow it to be over compressed!
I fitted the new one, filled the system, ran the water pump and bled the air out of the system. All good! Next on with the water heater, then left to heat up to see if there would be the usual little spurt of water from the vent as it expanded. Here I made a bit of a mistake, I went and had a cup of tea while it heated up! When I got back to the van I could hear the pump running, and soon discovered why! The fitting had blown off the outlet pipe and was pumping the water tank contents into the internals of the van! It has taken some time to soak up and try and dry out that lot!
I am of course now very reluctant to try again until I have spoken to truma tech department.
 Has anyone here has experience with this 'new' design fitting? shrugg
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Back to top Go down

Post by minos1427 Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi, following enquiries with Truma, I was informed that the venting of water was a normal part of the boiler operation. It still does it now, but (other than a small wet patch under the van) does not appear to affect the running of the boiler.
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by jwells Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Thanks for that, my problem was it was weeping most of the time while the pump was running. I could have lived with it, but in a moment of boredom decided to replace it! Beginning to regret that decision!!
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Back to top Go down