The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stanton: water-pressure switch location?

2 posters

Go down

Stanton: water-pressure switch location? Empty Stanton: water-pressure switch location?

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi; just back from first lock-down trip (two nights at Borrowdale). The water pump previously switched off when the taps were closed but it isn't doing now! 
I've gone through the usual palaver to get rid of any air-locks (it's usually really quick on this van); we've given the system a good shaking on the rip from Cheshire to the Lakes and back, so I can't think it's air in the pipes.

The A-S handbook, rather usefully, tells me that the van is fitted with a "submersible pump" but.... the schematic diagram shows a "pressure sensitive" in-line pump between the water heater and the tank! Can any owner of a Stanton (or similar end-kitchen Sprinter) advise me where the pressure switch is? I'm guessing that it is part of the pump. By sound alone, I cannot even be certain where the pump is... I've got a bad back at the moment, so going under the van is somewhat difficult (although not impossible) but I'd rather not go under if the switch is elsewhere!.

Thanks in anticipation.

BTW, the only other thing which has gone wrong in the months of non-use were the air-horns- I found this out on the M6 when a DHL Sprinter nearly cleared four lanes of traffic, as he swerved form lane four to the off-ramp in about 100yds! Strangely the horns work fine back at home!

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Stanton: water-pressure switch location? Empty Re: Stanton: water-pressure switch location?

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm

The pressure switch isn't in the tank with the pump. Likely to be just before where the feeds divided to the water heater and cold taps.

Edit: The 2013 Stanton manual says the pressure switch is under the offside bench seat. (page 9-31).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Stanton: water-pressure switch location? Empty Re: Stanton: water-pressure switch location?

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:38 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:The pressure switch isn't in the tank with the pump. Likely to be just before where the feeds divided to the water heater and cold taps.

Edit: The 2013 Stanton manual says the pressure switch is under the offside bench seat. (page 9-31).

Thanks for your help; now found and adjusted it! It's page 7-3 in my 2014 manual; it gives no clue where the switch is(!) firstly tells you not to fiddle with it, then gives adjustment instructions, stating that it might require adjusting with battery voltage charge fluctuations! I've never previously had to touch it since Dec 2014!

Thanks again.

Pete.

Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Yes the adjustment is shown on 7-3, but in the table 9-31 Location of Key Facilities, location shown.

Glad you are sorted. Never had to adjust mine, EHU or battery.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:08 pm

Found the reference- in the 2014 handbook version it's on 9-38!

Pete.

Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

PLOUGHLIN likes this post

Back to top Go down