The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuvo - how’d you organise?

+3
Quilter
Widget
Heebson
7 posters

Go down

Neuvo - how’d you organise? Empty Neuvo - how’d you organise?

Post by Heebson Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:19 am

Hey Gang,
We’ve just received our 2019 Neuvo, and after being super-excited, we’re now thinking ‘what’s the best we can do to organise this van?

The wardrobe seems quite big, the drawer below is big too, there are LOTS of drawers, there’s the weird shelf above left of the sink…

I’ve read loads about general organisation, but curious about this specific van. E.g. what’s safe to hang on the toilet clothes hanger; are there gaps to use beside the battery, can you put hooks up…..?

Appreciate any tips and/or photos

Thnx,
Heeb
Heebson
Heebson

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Neuvo - how’d you organise? Empty Re: Neuvo - how’d you organise?

Post by Widget Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:56 am

I would answer but my Bourton is a bit of a mess, regarding what goes where. However I am now on a payload mission and believe I will need to re-organise , re distribute stuff. Yet to find a weighbridge.
Although a different layout I am looking forward to seeing what replies you get. Enjoy your new toy.
Widget
Widget

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2020

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:17 am

We have a Broadway, basically a slightly longer Nuevo.

We bought a set of 3 of these and find them so useful for storage and easy access to stuff. They are plasticky material so waterproof and exactly the right size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We put all our pillows, fleecy blankets and duvets intoncushion covers and leave them on the seats. There are bolster shaped cushioncovers that, with a rolled duvet inside, make the rather upright seating more comfortable.

In the wardrobe we have a unit with 4 plastic drawers for folded clothes storage. The set we have (B&Q) leave just enough room beside them for shoes on the floor and a dry cleaners bag of hanging clothes from the rail. Socks etc are in cloth bags hanging behind the wardrobe door from hooks.

We have 2 overdoor hooks hanging from the bathroom door. On the bathroom side for bathmat and towels and on the other side a set of hanging pockets bought at a Dutch sale in Catral and very handy for pens, notepads, odd screws, etc etc etc.

I jave a set of small stickone hooks inside the big cupboard door under the sink to hang plastic kitchen utensils from.

Our chairs travel behind the cab seats, held tight by luggage straps, and either go outside overnight or in the cab.

Most of these things have been in place since the van was new in 2014 and have not done any damage to anything. We use the van for about 5 months each year so they get used.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Heebson and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:26 am

We are always interested to see/hear about how others organise their MHs, what mods they do and what years of experience has taught them. Tips, tricks, good ideas, bad ideas etc etc.
Because we all use our own vehicles differently it is never going to the same for everyone but along the way there are many ideas that can be adapted.
Our own Symbol is challenging in the matter of storage  but we manage very well....however, it's never too late to learn something new! 
Good luck with your Neuvo - we'll watch for more ideas....
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:14 am

I use the micro wave for storing nick nacks  .Little shelf above sink for fire blanket  and tissue  box  .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:44 am

Quilter wrote:We have a Broadway, basically a slightly longer Nuevo.

We bought a set of 3 of these and find them so useful for storage and easy access to stuff. They are plasticky material so waterproof and exactly the right size.

We put all our pillows, fleecy blankets and duvets intoncushion covers and leave them on the seats. There are bolster shaped cushioncovers that, with a rolled duvet inside, make the rather upright seating more comfortable.

In the wardrobe we have a unit with 4 plastic drawers for folded clothes storage. The set we have (B&Q) leave just enough room beside them for shoes on the floor and a dry cleaners bag of hanging clothes from the rail. Socks etc are in cloth bags hanging behind the wardrobe door from hooks.

We have 2 overdoor hooks hanging from the bathroom door. On the bathroom side for bathmat and towels and on the other side a set of hanging pockets bought at a Dutch sale in Catral and very handy for pens, notepads, odd screws, etc etc etc.

I jave a set of small stickone hooks inside the big cupboard door under the sink to hang plastic kitchen utensils from.

Our chairs travel behind the cab seats, held tight by luggage straps, and either go outside overnight or in the cab.

Most of these things have been in place since the van was new in 2014 and have not done any damage to anything. We use the van for about 5 months each year so they get used.

I am very interested in the Boulster cover you put the Duvet in. Have you got a link to such a beast.

Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Bigplumbs wrote:

I am very interested in the Boulster cover you put the Duvet in. Have you got a link to such a beast.

Thanks

Just put: 

Bolster pillow cases

into Google UK and it comes up with hundreds in all sizes, colours and fabrics.

We’ve got 2 sets, both an exact fit for the bench seats back. A summer set in plain polycotton and a lovely cosy winter set in plain teddy fleece.  Both sets have good firm zips along the long side.

I use down duvets which can be rolled quite tightly and need no straps but if you have bulkier duvets you might need to use a strap to hold them in a roll.  We leave them out as back rolls during the day but folded into a triangle shape they are very comfortable if you want to sit with your feet up.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:49 pm

We have a 2019 Nuevo without the luton and have plenty of space.  All our clothes go in the wardrobe and lockers above the seats.  We invested in two Duvalay's in bags which are excellent.  I moved the habitation battery as far forward as it would go and turned it through 90 degrees so it sits laterally against the forward bulkhead.  This allows both Duvalay's to fit snuggly side by side under the seat.  Our pillows are stuffed into the upper cubby holes on each side of the cab.  We use the floor cupboard by the habitation door for all of our footwear and the lower external skirt/wet locker for our levelling wedges and monster mats.  I carry heavy items in the tray beneath the driver's seat and on the floor behind each cab seat.  We only use the lockers above the kitchen for lightweight or small food items where we have free standing wire shelves to help organise the space.  Pans etc go in the pan locker beneath the cooker.  We have removed the plate rack from the locker above the microwave which makes it easier to store plates etc and they rattle less.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Widget and Heebson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heebson Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:05 pm

Quilter wrote:We have a Broadway, basically a slightly longer Nuevo.

Thanks Quilter - great tips. Two questions, if you don’t mind!

Where do you use the hanging storage? And is it Command type hooks holding it up?

The drawers are really interesting. What size are they? Trying to picture from your description if you could still hang things from the rail above it, or it takes up most of the vertical space. 

Thnx,
Heeb
Heebson
Heebson

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Heebson Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 pm

Molly3 wrote:I use the micro wave for storing nick nacks  .Little shelf above sink for fire blanket  and tissue  box  .

I have a story involving storing things in a microwave. It also involves a 3yr-old, a boiled mobile phone and some melted jewellery. And some swearing.
Heebson
Heebson

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:07 am

This is the type of drawer unit:

We bought from B&Q and chose a size that fits in the wardrobe, leaving about 2 dry cleaners bags worth of space to the right ( big table top side) to hang clothes from the existing wardrobe rail.  They fit underneath the  rail but there is room on top to put a plastic storage basket. 

My OH put 3 narrow wooden shelves in the back of the wardrobe which are handy for shoes. To do this he moved the tubular metal coffee table support to a position on the bulkhead behind the drivers seat, held in place by big U shaped tool clips.

To avoid any danger of stuff falling onto the control unit at the back of the wardrobe I fenced it in with an old fridge shelf.

The hanging storage is tight as the two tables have to fit in as well but enough for 4 garments. 

I too have a story about microwave storage involving a treasured panama hat and an exploded frozen prawn. Still get a whiff of prawn from both hat and microwave…l
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:47 pm

On our Broadway there was a jigsaw of pipes next to the habitation battery so I made a plywood shelf supported on 4 “columns” of wood. It made a great shoe storage space and was removable for access to the boiler water dump valve. We put the Duvalays in the near side bed locker but you can free up a lot of space if you are happy to have them on the parallel seats when travelling. Camp chairs also strapped behind each cab seat.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:36 pm

Heebson wrote:

Thanks Quilter - great tips. Two questions, if you don’t mind!

Where do you use the hanging storage? And is it Command type hooks holding it up?

The drawers are really interesting. What size are they? Trying to picture from your description if you could still hang things from the rail above it, or it takes up most of the vertical space. 

Thnx,
Heeb

This, I hope, is a photo of the inside of the wardrobe. We are now on our way back to UK after 3 months in Spain. We like to think we are fairly "spare" campers but, given weather variations from baking to freezing along with a need to make ourselves comfortable, we do take more than we do for shorter periods. The cloth bags have socks etc in them. The inside on hangs from the clamp used to keep the big table in place the door one from a Commando type stick on hook.

Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down