The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo ES 2006

+5
Sparky7
-mojo-
DuxDeluxe
Paulmold
Richenda
9 posters

Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty Nuevo ES 2006

Post by Richenda Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm

help! help! help! 
I bought the Nuevo from new at the end of April 2006 and have had so many problems - big and small!  I am so disappointed in a) the Autosleeper conversion for habitation and b) the Peugeot Boxer chassis
a) Autosleeper conversion - Just some of the problems that have occurred!  Leaking windows which have had to be taken out and 'reset'. rainyday  Warped habitation door which now lets in water. rainyday  Chipboard too thin to take the strain of the luggage retaining straps above the cab.  Had to replace the habitation battery within a couple of months.  The Trauma fire was faulty from day 1.  My qualified engineer had to dismantle the wardrobe to get to the workings of the fire - much time and therefore money.  Found an old rag - YES an old rag under the wardrobe floor behind the fire.  Some of the top cupboard doors have enlarged so very difficult to open.  Curtains around windscreen as very difficult to draw as the rails are too close to the ceiling.  Not enough curtain material so they won't overlap - so if I want privacy yikes then I have to use a peg to hold them closed.  The seats are very hard and uncomfortable - let alone when converted to a bed.  We put several sleeping bags on top of the seating to provide some cushioning.
b) Peugeot Boxer chassis.  The chassis has already started to show signs of rust -only 7 years old! The local Peugeot dealers body shop was surprised and said it was unacceptable.  That Peugeot should wax the chassis which would help to prevent rust - and at very little extra cost.  Peugeot, of course, don't want to know - couldn't even be bothered to phone me just an ' ..... The anit-perforation warranty covers perforation from the inside out of box sections only (i.e. the chassis and is subject to regular inspections.  It would not cover this type of  ...'  Typical of a manufacturer to hide behind their useless warranty.so angry
A new engine battery had to be installed before 6 months old.
The road holding is very poor - beware of leaves on a damp road on a slight incline.
By October you need a cover over your knees as the insulation around the cab is totally inadequate.  cold

I could go on with further problems but wonder if others have had similar experiences.  It seems to me, sadly, that once you have purchased a Peugeot Nuevo and they have your £40,000 + they both (Autosleeper & Peugeot) refuse to take any responsibility for after sales problems - which quite honestly shouldn't have happened in the first place.
This has been the worst buy of my life and probably the greatest disappointment.  Don't get caught like I have.

BEWARE - Do NOT buy a Peugeot Autosleeper Nuevo unless you have money to burn.piggybank 
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty Re: Nuevo ES 2006

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 pm

There are a lot of Nuevo owners on here, most of them sing the praises of the Nuevo, so I'm very sorry to hear of your experiences. I see you have also put the exact same post on MHFun. It will be interesting to see what responses you get from both forums.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Richenda
Sorry to hear of all your problems Did you buy from a dealer or privately ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Bought it new so presumably from a dealer. What have the dealer had to say, and what have they done about it, after all the contract is with the dealer.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

I bought the motor home from a 'trusted' dealer in Gloucestershire.  I spoke to the principle and basically he really didn't want to know.  All he said was that it's out of the warranty period - which of course I realise, but still feel very strongly that rust should not be appearing so soon.  My mechanic has advised me to sell it within the year before it gets too bad.  I was absolutely shocked - to say the least.
I accept that the Nuevo could be a very nice vehicle - good layout, compact etc. but with all the problems I have had I feel so disappointed and have lost my enthusiasm and enjoyment I should be having from it.  Just waiting for the next problem...........
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:41 pm

It took seven years of living with what is apparently an utter dog to come on to a forum and complain about it -- first post without any introduction either.......

As I said on fun, rust is no surprise at all - my fiat of the same age was rusting underneath and not even Mercedes vans are well rustproofed

Most people have a very good experience of A/S customer service. I even take my van back for its annual check to their service centre as I simply trust them to do a decent honest job rather than some skipped work from local dealers

Sorry if you were unlucky but it would be nice if you could introduce yourself in the appropriate section

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Richenda wrote:I bought the motor home from a 'trusted' dealer in Gloucestershire.  I spoke to the principle and basically he really didn't want to know.  All he said was that it's out of the warranty period
Sorry to hear of your problems, but this seems to be a (not uncommon) case of a buyer being fobbed off with the irrelevant "out of warranty" excuse.

You should have made clear to the dealer that you know that the warranty is in addition to your legal rights. If you don't get a remedy under warranty against Auto-Sleepers or Peugeot then you ~must~ go after the dealer - that is where your rights under the Sale of Goods Act lie. The fact that the warranty may have expired is irrelevant to that.

However, at 7 years old it is too late, unfortunately... IIRC you have up to 6 years from date of purchase to commence legal action against the seller, so you've left it too late.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty Nuevo woes continued

Post by Sparky7 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Richenda wrote: help! help! 

I too have had many problems with my Nuevo, new last August.   Over the past year I've taken it back about ten times for faults to be rectified and items replaced.   I've had most of the problems you report and then some and it's still ongoing.   However, on the plus side, Marquis have been very pleasant and obliging.   It's just a pain having to spend a lovely summer going back there instead of going away!   You are not alone!
Sparky
Sparky7
Sparky7

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty RE.NUEVO ES

Post by wwinky Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Also very disappointed with my purchase of Nuevo es .I would never consider buying another autosleeper endless amount of faults
                                                                                                                                                                                                 wwinky
wwinky
wwinky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway eb
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty Sorry

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 am

DuxDeluxe wrote:It took seven years of living with what is apparently an utter dog to come on to a forum and complain about it -- first post without any introduction either.......

As I said on fun, rust is no surprise at all - my fiat of the same age was rusting underneath and not even Mercedes vans are well rustproofed

Most people have a very good experience of A/S customer service. I even take my van back for its annual check to their service centre as I simply trust them to do a decent honest job rather than some skipped work from local dealers

Sorry if you were unlucky but it would be nice if you could introduce yourself in the appropriate section
I am sorry I seem to have upset you.  I have never visited a forum before and so have obviously made a mistake by not introducing myself - I can't even easily find the 'appropriate section'.
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 am

-mojo- wrote:
Richenda wrote:I bought the motor home from a 'trusted' dealer in Gloucestershire.  I spoke to the principle and basically he really didn't want to know.  All he said was that it's out of the warranty period
Sorry to hear of your problems, but this seems to be a (not uncommon) case of a buyer being fobbed off with the irrelevant "out of warranty" excuse.

You should have made clear to the dealer that you know that the warranty is in addition to your legal rights. If you don't get a remedy under warranty against Auto-Sleepers or Peugeot then you ~must~ go after the dealer - that is where your rights under the Sale of Goods Act lie. The fact that the warranty may have expired is irrelevant to that.

However, at 7 years old it is too late, unfortunately... IIRC you have up to 6 years from date of purchase to commence legal action against the seller, so you've left it too late.
Thank you for your response.  I have spoken at length to the Approved Peugeot body shop who inspected my vehicle and I will be contacting Peugeot again as I feel indeed that I am being fobbed off and that they are 'playing' with their wording '...The anti-perforation warranty covers perforation from the inside out of box sections only (I.E.: the chassis) ...'
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 am

Sparky7 wrote:
Richenda wrote: help! help! 

I too have had many problems with my Nuevo, new last August.   Over the past year I've taken it back about ten times for faults to be rectified and items replaced.   I've had most of the problems you report and then some and it's still ongoing.   However, on the plus side, Marquis have been very pleasant and obliging.   It's just a pain having to spend a lovely summer going back there instead of going away!   You are not alone!
Sparky
Oh dear - you really have had problems!  Thank you for letting me know I am not alone - I was beginning to feel a little lonely - a voice crying in the wilderness!  Apparently the cost to Peugeot to put right this rust problem on my vehicle is under £600 + VAT - a drop in the ocean for them.  Their customer service/care centre rates as 1 out of 10.  I had to speak to a lady who took down the details being sympathetic to my cause, she then sent her notes to some obscure person who just e-mailed me back - he didn't even bother to phone and speak to me.  Just wrote '.... The anti-perforation warranty covers perforation from the inside out of box sections only (I.E.: the chassis) ...' and they wouldn't help.  For the last 35+ years I have always owned Peugeots .... guess who won't be buying another one!
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 am

wwinky wrote:Also very disappointed with my purchase of Nuevo es .I would never consider buying another autosleeper endless amount of faults
                                                                                                                                                                                                 wwinky
Did you buy yours from new?  Are they similar faults to mine?  I forgot the saga of gas not coming though to the hob.  It turned out the regulators were all faulty - Calor Gas blaming the manufacturers and visa versa.  I was told it had been going on for months.  On the off chance I called into Martins of Exeter who were excellentallthumbz They knew exactly what the problem was and rectified it there and then at no cost to me ..... but I did buy some bits and pieces from their shop while I was waiting!hugegrins
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:45 am

The appropriate section for introductions is very easy to find. Home page fourth sub section. Which AS dealer are you dealing with. There are two in Gloucestershire.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:27 am

Hi there,

Rust after seven years??

Try this for size:

o  In 1989 I bought a Suzuki Samurai 4x4.

o  It was back to the dealer within a week due to a leak allowing water to drip on to the drivers feet when it rained.  This was never cured.

o  After six months ALL four brakes were renewed under warranty; they were so corroded they didn't work!

o  After twelve months my wife took it into the supplier for an annual service; and complained about a smell of petrol.

o  When she went to collect the vehicle that afternoon she was advised not to drive it because "The top of the petrol tank was corroded through!"

o  When she expressed amazement the dealer said "We get a lot of problems with these Spanish made vehicles!

Now THAT is a poor quality vehicle.  I bought it on the basis that I was getting Japanese quality; apparently I was wrong.tap_fingers 

My good lady drove it home and I traded it in that afternoon; end of problem and I won't buy another Suzuki for as long as I live.allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty AS Neuvo

Post by murph Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

Hi All,
We have have a 2005 Lancashire ES, a Marquis special version of the Neuvo, and have had no serious problems with it, the nearest we have had to a problem was a slightly high damp reading round the washroom window area, which was sorted with a bit of oversealing round the outside of the window, and we have had no trouble with the chassis at all apart from slight rust which I would expect in a 8 year old vehicle.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty Thank you

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Paulmold wrote:The appropriate section for introductions is very easy to find. Home page fourth sub section. Which AS dealer are you dealing with. There are two in Gloucestershire.
Thank you - I will make my way to the introductions page.  I bought the Nuevo ES from Cotswold Motor Caravans at Churchdown, Gloucester.
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Richenda wrote:
  I bought the Nuevo ES from Cotswold Motor Caravans at Churchdown, Gloucester.
Richenda, I am really surprised ... Cotswold Motor Caravans is run by Frank Williams who is probably the most respected MH salesman in this country. He has a superb relationship with A/S and really does look after his customers. What went wrong ?

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 pm

wwinky wrote:Also very disappointed with my purchase of Nuevo es .I would never consider buying another autosleeper endless amount of faults
                                                                                                                                                                                                 wwinky
Odd - in your posting on May 8th you say 'no problems for 8 years'
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:15 pm

hoopman wrote:
Richenda wrote:
  I bought the Nuevo ES from Cotswold Motor Caravans at Churchdown, Gloucester.
Richenda, I am really surprised ... Cotswold Motor Caravans is run by Frank Williams who is probably the most respected MH salesman in this country. He has a superb relationship with A/S and really does look after his customers. What went wrong ?

Regards
John
I don't think anything 'went wrong' as such.  I moved from the Cotswold area to North Devon at the same time as caring for my late mother in Dorset, so travelling to Churchdown was out of the question.  Frank is a very able salesman and obviously successful.  Paul Coldrick in their workshop is excellent, he knows his stuff and gives a feeling of nothing is too much trouble for him.
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 am

So having moved, how did you go about trying to get the problems resolved, did you go to A/S direct?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Richenda Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 pm

hoopman wrote:So having moved, how did you go about trying to get the problems resolved, did you go to A/S direct?
To be honest with you I can't remember all the details of my contact with Autosleeper but due to personal circumstances I was unable to take the vehicle to them.  Fortunately I found an Approved Mobile Caravan Servicing and Repairs Centre in North Devon and he undertook various repairs - such as the refitting of the windows due to high levels of damp, repairing the fire, replacing the habitation door step 'plunger', tracing and correcting an electrical fault etc.
Richenda
Richenda

Female

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES 2006 Empty nuevo es

Post by wwinky Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Paulmold wrote:
                                                                                                                                                                                                 wwinky
Odd - in your posting on May 8th you say 'no problems for 8 years'
Regarding my post on May 8th it should be obvious that I was referring to the subject in question the charging of the leisure battery not my experience of the van as a whole. your post is very misleading
                                                                           wwinky
wwinky
wwinky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway eb
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 pm

my apologies - read out of context. Perhaps you could expand on the faults.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:57 am

My 2006 Nuevo also has a lot of rust forming on the chassis members. Only noticed it just before going to France whilst fixing another problem with the spare wheel holder. Driving along St Malo sea front with breakers crashing over the road won't have helped. Another whole day out of my life and lots of messy pitch paint on the path and my hands I suppose.

AS cannot seem to get it into their heads that a good aftersales service is just not good enough today - particularly as it involves a long drive and an overnight stay. Let's get it right first time and all that cant.

The tedious excuses for this long history of producing sub standard gear in the mobile home industry come in three sorts. The total denial types. The suggestion that it is your fault, and the most specious one - that your manufacturer may be really bad, but all of the other manufacturers are much much worse.

I see in the ASOC mag that AS are to sell the vans in Germany, and good for them. However they may find that Germans have modern ideas of reliability not 1970s British Leyland type standards. 

All that said, I like my Nuevo and don't intend to swap it. The basic idea is sound and 95% of the stuff inside works well. That is since I fixed the roof leak, the radio 12v supply, the door in the toilet (and the plastic one in the basin unit) plus the fridge fuse - all build quality issues, and all in the last 6 weeks.

AS should remember that the hobby we took up is going on holidays in a camper van, not a permanent restoration job suitable only for the retired or the DIY fan.
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down