The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar

+6
v8oholic
gemdeco
roli
Kdc
brodco
Wyatt
10 posters

Go down

Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar Empty Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar

Post by Wyatt Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:41 am

Hi, does anyone have experience of this problem ? Our new avtex tv is great in the house, but when in the motorhome, parked at home, hooked up, not plugged into 12v, the volume is awful, max is only at say 50% compared to when in the house. We added a soundbar, but same problem. Suggestions welcome, many thanks!
Wyatt
Wyatt

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar Empty Re: Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar

Post by brodco Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:14 am

Hi wave

Humm scratch head  I detect another case of the unknown “X” factor at work.

Problem is - those symptoms make no sense. If I understand correctly:
The sound is OK indoors.
The sound is low in the van.
The TV is working on mains in both cases.
This occurs on the internal speakers and the sound bar.

Barring an intermittent fault that just happens to occur in the van, it cannot be a problem with the TV, there must be something else going on. How often have you moved the TV to the van and back and has this happened every time?

When the sound is low is it clear and low or is it distorted as well?

What happens if you move the TV around the van, the speakers aren’t facing something that absorbs sound are they?

Are you using the same input and if you’re using an aerial is it the same aerial (the sound level can be different on different inputs)?

Brod

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar Empty Re: Poor volume with avtex tv and soundbar

Post by Wyatt Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:21 am

Hi Brod,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you understand correctly. But we haven't thought about the ariel or the input, we will take a look at those 2 things. I'm heartened to hear that you think it can't be a fault with the tv or soundbar, we thought the same, given that they both work fine in the house. Will give your suggestions a go, thank you again! blush
Wyatt
Wyatt

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:33 am

I tend to see your problem as bronco does,the symptoms seems to make no sense. However you clearly have experienced this drop in volume. I would suspect signal strength as the one difference in your situation as likely to be one test on house Ariel and other on van. Maybe try the van in different location if possible or wait until you are away.
Hope you identify your problem and would be interested to know the outcome.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am

Not an expert on this, but the Nuevo has 2 inside aerial sockets, you may find that the signal to each maybe different. The cables that are hidden away are joined by tee joints? maybe try TV  in each socket to see if it is different
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:54 am

Thanks Caslon and Kdc, I will try your ideas and let you know, much appreciated!
Wyatt
Wyatt

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:35 pm

I go along with the aerial theory,at home the aerial is stuck up in the air whereas on the van it’s on an inferior aerial at 3 to 4 m off the ground and probably using a lower quality coax on the van compared with the house.

Past experience with AS vans - they don’t use quality coax another thing I just thought about is the vans aerial directional or omnidirectional, if the latter do as suggested by KDC and move the van.  Good Luck
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:12 pm

not sure if this helps. The booster should have 2 outputs, you could try plugging the TV direct into it bypassing all the sockets to see if it makes a difference
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am

Hi
    Our Avtex TV's have an option to power the aerial input have you turned this on
   Regards
   Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:11 am

Unlikely to be an aerial issue I’d have thought with digital TV. You either get a picture (and sound) or you don’t.

I have an Avtex TV and soundbar in mine and the volume seems fine. Louder when using the  soundbar than without it though (at the same volume number). Is the soundbar definitely working?
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:41 pm

One thing is certain - you weren't watching the same programme in the van as in the house. We both have impaired hearing and from programme to programme, whether on air, streamed or DVD the sound quality either with the house set up or in the van varies CONSIDERABLY - from being crystal clear to loud but unintelligible to very quiet and unintelligible. This is a known issue a the subject of a BBC news investigation a couple of years ago. People with good hearing can get by with the differences.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by keithc Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:47 pm

Guys, just received my Avtex 19.5 inch TV & sounder, does anybody know what size/length coach bolts are required to fit the sounder to the tv bracket?
The two screws that attached the tv stand are fine to fix the bracket to the tv but for some reason Avtex don't include the bracket to sounder two.
Thought the tv stand bracket to mounting stand would be ok but they are just screws, thread doesn't seam right.
Cant believe you can pay all this out and they can't include 2 coach bolts.
keithc
keithc

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:00 pm

My bolts were included, are you sure you’ve checked all the packaging?
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Thanks for response, I did check and nothing, the bag that the bracket came in you would have thought would contain them, it didn’t and no others did. I have e mailed Avtex to ask the size.
Ps -if my reply comes from a different name than my question it’s just that on my iPad my log in is different.
K & S
K & S

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:05 pm

On pages 11 and 12 of the manual it says there are 2 x Screws A included, which is what you use according to the diagram.

https://www.avtex.co.uk/support/english/30-soundbar/file
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:09 pm

Don’t I now feel a fool, had a third look and ha presto I found them, thanks again for this, just need to purchase a 12 volt splitter to plug both these into the single 12v socket if anybody has one they can recommend.
K & S
K & S

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:28 pm

I’ve used a great guy (Frank) in Bolton a couple of times who I can highly recommend if you need any type of quality Avtex leads made to measure at an honest price.
The link is an example of his eBay shop but if you are interested PM me for his mobile and a better deal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVTEX-TV-3-Pin-Lead-12v-24v-For-All-3-Pin-Avtex-Models-having-a-3pin-connector-/334158904282?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Last edited by Dbvwt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:30 pm

Something like this, which is what I have (I know it says unavailable but perhaps it will give you an idea).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0836LR3DB/

I got this one after seeing a caravan YouTuber channel recommend it, it’s got useful USB ports and it’s flexible, which is good for fitting in tight spaces.

What I can’t figure out is why Avtex didn’t add a small 12V connector to power the soundbar from the television, instead of a separate plug.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Dbvwt wrote:I’ve used a great guy (Frank) in Bolton a couple of times who I can highly recommend if you need any type of quality Avtex leads made to measure at an honest price.
The link is an example of his eBay shop but if you are interested PM me for his mobile and a better deal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVTEX-TV-3-Pin-Lead-12v-24v-For-All-3-Pin-Avtex-Models-having-a-3pin-connector-/334158904282?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
That looks interesting, I’ll have a look later.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:35 pm

He is the type of old school bloke that is just what I love in this day and age!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:43 pm

Duplicate
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:56 pm

I used to power the firestick from a USB port on the avtex but found that the plug in the TV wasn't man enough to do thatif not on a 14v charge.

I have a 12v 2 way splitter adaptor that also has two USB power ports.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down