The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popularity = poor service

+8
groundhog
babian
Kdc
Dave 418
Gromit
Askit
Paulmold
Sally
12 posters

Go down

Popularity = poor service Empty Popularity = poor service

Post by Sally Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 pm

I hope that grumpy old women are allowed here.

The van went in for some work last Tuesday (over a week ago).  It’s been booked in for that date for months.  After a few days, I contacted them, to be told parts were needed and would be here this Tuesday.  Again, it’s up to me to chase updates, so I contacted them yesterday (weds) to be told that the parts were in and that he would definitely be working on it first thing this morning (Thurs).

Except he’s not.  When they failed to ring me back at 1pm today as promised, I chased them up again, to be told that he’s out working on some caravans but he’ll start on mine when he gets in.  It’s now 3pm!  So clearly that’s not going to happen.  Also, as it’s not a quick job, I’ve no confidence it will be done tomorrow, and they are on holiday from next week.

I’m convinced that the motorhome and caravan popularity has caused already poor customer service to become even worse.  They clearly don’t need individual customers as they have so much work.

Rant over, but I am heartily sick of the poor customer service that seems so prevalent nowadays.  They’ve promised to ring me back later today with an update.  Don’t hold your breath.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Popularity = poor service Empty Re: Popularity = poor service

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm

Presumably as he is out servicing caravans he could've come to you instead of you taking it to him.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Paulmold wrote:Presumably as he is out servicing caravans he could've come to you instead of you taking it to him.
Very possibly. But what I can never understand is how they wake up and prioritise my job last!  Why didn’t they make the caravans wait for me. 

The trouble is I need this job doing, and there are limited options. However, I asked him to quote for a couple of other jobs worth quite a sum of money. He definitely won’t be getting them!
Sally
Sally

Female

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Several years ago the guy who was doing the van habitation service (whilst I waited) was working on two caravans and another motorhome at the same time, it took 4 hours to complete the service. I didn't bother him with my custom again  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Not quite the same, but it annoys me when you take your vehicle in for service and they ask for it by 8.00am.

If you walk past their premises at 11.00am, the chances are it won't have moved from the spot.

I guess they get fed up with people not turning up on time for specific appointments, so they get everyone in as early as possible?
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm

I can’t stand poor communications. To me a it’s very rude to not keep people informed when it comes to paid work. Maybe it’s something they will blame on the pandemic but I think it’s got worse recently. You shouldn’t have to keep pestering people.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:23 pm

I can’t stand poor communications. To me a it’s very rude to not keep people informed when it comes to paid work. Maybe it’s something they will blame on the pandemic but I think it’s got worse recently. You shouldn’t have to keep pestering people.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Oops !!! The gremlins have been let out again. Repeated posting.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Dave 418 wrote:I can’t stand poor communications. To me a it’s very rude to not keep people informed when it comes to paid work. Maybe it’s something they will blame on the pandemic but I think it’s got worse recently. You shouldn’t have to keep pestering people.
Let’s put it this way, when I chased them up they promised they would ring me back today, before close. 

They didn’t and it’s now half past 6.

Sadly, there are very few motorhome repair businesses but there are thousands of Motorhome’s. I honestly think they are not bothered about lost business.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:08 pm

I often feel as  if in today’s world I am a job number not a customer.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Its a little late off the mark but I get the feeling I should have changed career about 15 months ago and started a motorhome / campervan repair/restoration business instead of restoring old Italian classic motorcycles. UHU glue and fuses at the ready...ha ha.
Customer service? Local Ford dealers. How much for a full service? I'll write that down and come with cash tomorrow. Next day that will be £...!!!!! Sorry you said X amount! Yes but that did not include sump o ring, Ali wheel removal, Antifreeze top up and baby wipes for the mechanics hands etc etc etc.
Sorry that's all your getting,as agreed (written down remember) goodbye and I'm never walking in this place again. Them glum face and a big tutt.
Don't get me started GRrrrrrrR!!!! Customer service "my A....e"
Good luck tomorrow by the way.

Last edited by babian on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Hope you get sorted soon Sally, it seems to be a recurring theme where any trade that is in great demand can just treat you as they wish. If it was something straightforward I am sure there are many of us here would volunteer to do the job for you if we were close by!
Good luck
'hog
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Kdc wrote:I often feel as  if in today’s world I am a job number not a customer.
I worked with a chap who used to say " you are only a spot on the Elephants bum" How true.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 pm

groundhog wrote:Hope you get sorted soon Sally, it seems to be a recurring theme where any trade that is in great demand can just treat you as they wish. If it was something straightforward I am sure there are many of us here would volunteer to do the job for you if we were close by!
Good luck
'hog
It’s the Truma boiler, so I sourced an approved, truma trained engineer/workshop. Ha!

I dropped it off last Tuesday, it’s now Thursday night over a week later, they’re on holiday after tomorrow and I still have no idea if they’ve even started the job. 

Disgraceful.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:37 am

Sally wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Presumably as he is out servicing caravans he could've come to you instead of you taking it to him.
Very possibly. But what I can never understand is how they wake up and prioritise my job last!  Why didn’t they make the caravans wait for me. 

The trouble is I need this job doing, and there are limited options. However, I asked him to quote for a couple of other jobs worth quite a sum of money. He definitely won’t be getting them!

Sally this is common. in life unfortunately You need to find another firm.
It could be price? May not want to quote as others may say just do it.Charge what he wants.!!

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:41 am

[quote="Gromit"]Not quite the same, but it annoys me when you take your vehicle in for service and they ask for it by 8.00am.

If you walk past their premises at 11.00am, the chances are it won't have moved from the spot.

I guess they get fed up with people not turning up on time for specific appointments, so they get everyone in as early as possible?[/quote
Normal in the garage trade. I just had my car in all day yesterday,need 2 cars to do this,for a very minor repair

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:18 am

My Wife had a reminder for her Kia car service and MOT about two months before it was due, so as not to forget she rang the number and booked the car in for about six weeks before it was due and requested a loan car for the day.
No problem, a few days latter she had changed her mind and asked for the car to be picked up and returned, no problem, oh that's strange she said, loan car is to be collected from the birmingham branch but the car is booked in at Barh? we live in Birmingham.
anyway all sorted.
a few weeks prior to this I was rushed into hospital and kept in as I needed a quad heart bypass operation and deemed to unwell to go home (she must have knew this was coming, hence the car collection) I had been home a week and the service was due the next week, she rang to confirm as we had heard nothing and was told that they would contact you the day before the service to say when they would be collecting, so imagine our surprise when they rang after knowing about the booking to say, sorry, you are out of our area for collections you are going to have to bring the car in, she stood her ground and they did collect it, But I think that when we change the car most likely for another Kia this dealership will be out of our area.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:24 am

Little comfort to you now Sally but my Truma failed. I made an appointment at Truma on the A50 just E of Uttoxeter. My appointment was at 8:30 - I was back on the way home before 11:30 with my wallet £390 lighter for replacing a small fan. The charge included 90 minutes labour which included a full service and clean of the Combi 4. Admittedly I had saved well over an hour of labour by taking the front off the wardrobe myself (which is a pig of a job) which pleased the fitter no end who knew how difficult that is. Parts, of course, were just behind him! I guess that on your Sussex the boiler is in a bed locker and won't even need to be removed.  If A/S had used more intelligence in the orientation of my Combi neither would mine.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:24 am

inspiredron wrote:Little comfort to you now Sally but my Truma failed. I made an appointment at Truma on the A50 just E of Uttoxeter. My appointment was at 8:30 - I was back on the way home before 11:30 with my wallet £390 lighter for replacing a small fan. The charge included 90 minutes labour which included a full service and clean of the Combi 4. Admittedly I had saved well over an hour of labour by taking the front off the wardrobe myself (which is a pig of a job) which pleased the fitter no end who knew how difficult that is. Parts, of course, were just behind him! I guess that on your Sussex the boiler is in a bed locker and won't even need to be removed.  If A/S had used more intelligence in the orientation of my Combi neither would mine.
Well I’ve just rung and the engineer is in my van, working on the boiler. So it’s a start. 

My concern of course is that it doesn’t get a proper test due to lack of time. However I’ll be glad just to get it back. 

I did consider Truma but this company is very local to me and well established. So I had hoped that it would all go well. I have to say that it’s the lack of communication that’s so annoying; that seems to be the biggest problems with all these stories.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:21 pm

Diagnostics and fault code suggested solenoid and coils. While it was stripped down also changed ignitors and sensors as a fail safe against future failures as it’s an older boiler.  All done, tested, gas checks etc.

6 hours Labour.  Total £700

But at least I’ve got it back.
Sally
Sally

Female

Slaphead and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down